PDA

View Full Version : Wow Safeco field team store!!!!

tmpjets
07-31-2011, 05:18 PM
So my unlce and I went to the M's game on friday night...and yes Seattle lost another one. But HOLY COW! did the team store have alot of game used/issued jerseys from old to new. So I talked with one of the guys that works in the team store and he told me that alittle while ago they were going through the Mariners storage units and cleanning them out when they found a couple tubs of game used and issued jerseys of many Mariner greats. Players like Edgar,Boone,Pinellia,Johnson,Buhner and etc. and didnt know they even had them, so now all are up for sale at the team store. Many of which so heavy game use and some with lighter use. I ended up scoring a 1996 away Edgar Martinez game used jersey with some really nice use, well worn I will post pics soon. So anyone headed to see the M's bring some cash to score on these nice jerseys prices range from $100-$400. I still cant believe how lucky I am to score such a nice jersey!!!

primeradriver
07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I was surprised as well.

I picked this '97 Dennis Martinez gamer for $100. Love the 20th/Jackie jerseys. The 'premium' players upstairs were a little too expensive. Maybe the Randy Johnson were OK at $400 but the others. :rolleyes:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=imag021811.jpg&res=iphone

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg651/scaled.php?server=651&filename=imag021711.jpg&res=iphone

Klattsy
07-31-2011, 08:47 PM
If anyone happens to see a Chris Snelling GU (not issued) at or around $100 i'd be interested!

al3xmac10
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Did they have any Ichiros? I hope I can work with someone, will add some dollars for your time, thank you!

emann
07-31-2011, 11:01 PM
If anyone from the board is going there and could message me, I'd love to acquire a Randy Johnson jersey.

aaccee
08-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Could anyone help check if they are selling Yung-Chi Chen or Kuo-Hui Lo's jerseys or bats?
Thanks!

aceli777@yahoo.co.jp

primeradriver
08-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Chris Snelling gamers were on the $100 rack. Don't remember the year. No Ichiro or Griffey Jr. There was a Griffey Sr. There are/were some '94 teal gamers with the 125th patch. Some '95s with the Negro League patch.

primeradriver
08-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Forgot to add. There were no 2001 jerseys.

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 01:09 AM
There are no Ichiro's and there haven't been any for years that I'm aware of. They all go to MLB auctions where they can bring more $$, there are 3 up right now from last season if you've got 2k to spare.

From what I recall the only Japanese players they have/had are Mac Suzuki and Hasegawa, the 3 Sasaki's are all gone.

Also of note, NONE of the jerseys are MLB authenticated, I personally do not have an issue with that but I know that some do. From what I saw the years avail. are 1990, 1991 (very few of these 2 years), 1993-1997, 2002, 2003.

Some of the players I remember seeing; Edgar, Buhner, Randy, Piniella, Olerud, McLemore, Nelson, Rhodes, Charlton, Bosio, Boone, Valle, Tino, A. Davis, Vizquel, Gossage, Fassero, Moyer, Cruz Jr, Guillen. There were a few others obviously and most of these were $300-400.

I do believe that the team store will still sell over the phone and ship out worldwide, however they do not have a game used person who knows the hobby. You may not get the best one in terms of use/wear. If someone wants a specific player/year I can head out there again and let you know what's avail. and perhaps provide pictures if time permits.

tmpjets
08-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Thanks for helping to sum up what was available marinersfan34. Like he stated many players still out there and yes some "cherry picking" is required to get ones with more use. My Edgar still has dirt stains and what I think pinetar or something at the belt line. I may try to head back up to seattle to watch another game and get another jersey, if my vacation time left permits. Many jerseys like 4 or more of each player that I can remember. Like Buhner, Boone, piniella,johnson, and some others. When I get to my computer I will post pics of my nice Edgar jersey. So goodluck to other forum members.

primeradriver
08-01-2011, 04:19 AM
The $100 rounder downstairs had jerseys that went back as far as 1983. Most of the jerseys on both floors were 2002. There was one lone Danny Tartabull upstairs for $200. I wanted that one as well but forgot to go back.

lcstate collector
08-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Any chance there was a Bucky Jacobsen jersey?

ATigerFan
08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Did anybody happen to see a Dann Howitt jersey?

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
It sounds like I missed the rounder that was downstairs and only looked at the "stars" rack. I will be there this afternoon to get some info on the messages I've recieved and hopefully help some folks out with some jerseys. I forgot the camera at home but will make some notes while I'm down there.

btw, upstairs there was nothing 86 or earlier, like the old style blue/gold, just the 87-92 style and the few that were there I believe were from 90-91.

tknorm
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Please let me know if anyone sees any Mike Cameron jersey there.

Thx!

AstrosGU
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Jeremy-

I would be VERY interested in picking up a Randy Johnson jersey or two. If there is any way that you could take a look and let me know what is left, I would appreciate it very much.

Rob L
08-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi Jeremy, I'm interested in the Randy Johnson jerseys also. Please let me know what is there.

Bondsgloves
08-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Picked up the remaining 2 Randy Johnson Jerseys. Will post pictures later:)

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
There were a couple of Camerons from 2002 that I remember, not sure of the use on them though.

For those wondering, yes you can call the Team Store and they will take an order over the phone. They use their best judgement for game use but they are not collectors like us so there is no guarentee you'll get a solid gamer.

I am still more than happy to look and make sure folks get a jersey they want but the choice is yours. I will be down there later today regardless.

Bondsgloves, You took the last Randy jerseys they had?

Bondsgloves
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
They had three, someone bought 1. I bought the last two.

Lokee
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Picked up the remaining 2 Randy Johnson Jerseys. Will post pictures later:)

Did you get the one with the large chew stain on the front ?

Bondsgloves
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
They are shipping them today, I haven't seen them. Did you pick up the other one.

Dan

Lokee
08-01-2011, 03:20 PM
They are shipping them today, I haven't seen them. Did you pick up the other one.

Dan

No

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Wow you guys are QUICK! I can't say I blame you though since the price was right for Randy.

I have a spreadsheet of any requests sent to me or posted here and will bring it with me when I go and I'll update as I go down the list in the order I received them.

AutographAddiction
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
If there is ever an Ackley, please let me know :D Thanks!

Shipp_96
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Just an update, all the EdGAR's are now sold out also, and there are no Griffey Junior jerseys.

commando
08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
The jerseys are starting to hit eBay.

Shipp_96
08-01-2011, 06:08 PM
They do however, have two of the alternate 1994 Teal jerseys left, with the gold MLB 125th sleeve logo. One was of Jay BONE Buhner! If I were a bigger M's fan, I would be all over that one! I was very tempted to get that one nonetheless.

Also tons of Sweet Lou Pinella's and lesser players with the late 80's uniform style.

jetersbatboy
08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
The Randy Jerseys are up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seattle-Mariners-RANDY-JOHNSON-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-H-/230655063301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b41cf505#ht_4266wt_1398

Shipp_96
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
The Randy Jerseys are up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seattle-Mariners-RANDY-JOHNSON-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-H-/230655063301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b41cf505#ht_4266wt_1398

I saw, did not take long at all! Man...

yanks12025
08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
So now this brings back up my other tread with people who just buy off ebay and then list on their site for lots more.

This doesnt bother anyone!! So instead of most of these jerseys going to a real collector, they go to someone who's after a quick buck. I like the Gossage but after figuring he only paid alot less than what the price is at not, its not worth it.

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Man, I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case.. the seller probably reads the forum but they're also local so they might have known otherwise.

I was hoping some people would get some for their collections at a great price but now it'll cost more if you want it.

Lokee
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Just an update, all the EdGAR's are now sold out also, and there are no Griffey Junior jerseys.

I talked to the guy this morning. He told me they had 1 Griffey Jr and 1 A-Rod and they sold out the first or second day for 500.00 each.

Klattsy
08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Jeremy, PM sent. Feel free to reply via email mklatt@iprimus.com.au if it is easier for you.

Thanks,
Mark.

AstrosGU
08-01-2011, 06:49 PM
That guy on eBay bought 3 Randy Johnson jerseys and are selling them all for double...

Shipp_96
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
So now this brings back up my other tread with people who just buy off ebay and then list on their site for lots more.

This doesnt bother anyone!! So instead of most of these jerseys going to a real collector, they go to someone who's after a quick buck. I like the Gossage but after figuring he only paid alot less than what the price is at not, its not worth it.

Yeah, it does personally tick me off also. I really hope the person did not read this thread, which is for collectors and run over there and buy them out. But, looks that way. I would have loved to get the Griffey JR. for $500...man. Will be hard to ever beat that price for being the real deal, and from the direct source no less! Oh well...what can you do?

Lokee
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I would have loved to get the Griffey JR. for $500...man. Will be hard to ever beat that price for being the real deal, and from the direct source no less! Oh well...what can you do?

Nothing you really can do but yeah at least you know the source and at best it was team issued. Even at 500.00 knowing it was team issued would be worth it IMO.

Shipp_96
08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Nothing you really can do but yeah at least you know the source and at best it was team issued. Even at 500.00 knowing it was team issued would be worth it IMO.

Totally agree...Griffey is going to be a HOFer. Considering Ichiro issued jerseys just went for $3300 range, yeah, $500 for a Griffey from the M's is a STEAL!

emann
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Man, I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case.. the seller probably reads the forum but they're also local so they might have known otherwise.

I was hoping some people would get some for their collections at a great price but now it'll cost more if you want it.

I had been emailing with Jeremy about picking up a Johnson jersey. REALLY hoped to add one to my collection, total bummer. I'd assume the person who listed them did read this thread and went and bought them all, so I'm happy to make a note of the seller and add him to my blocked list on ebay. I won't be paying double the price for the same jersey or bidding on any future items from him on principal.

Thanks to Jeremy for doing legwork even if it didn't pan out!

Bondsgloves
08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Funny thing was, they told me that they only had 3 gamers and had sold 1 already. I purchased the other two. They are to be shipped to me today. It will be interesting to see and compare them to the ones listed on ebay. Maybe the ones on ebay were just issued, the person I spoke toon the phone assured me the ones I purchased were used.

emann
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Funny thing was, they told me that they only had 3 gamers and had sold 1 already. I purchased the other two. They are to be shipped to me today. It will be interesting to see and compare them to the ones listed on ebay. Maybe the ones on ebay were just issued, the person I spoke toon the phone assured me the ones I purchased were used.

The ones on ebay look like they've got use...

PS: If you want to sell/trade one of your Johnson jerseys, let me know. ;)

Lokee
08-01-2011, 07:47 PM

All of the jersey's that where older where marked "TEAM ISSUED PAST JSY" so for them to say you got game used is kinda messed up.

As I said before I was first in this morning as I was hoping to get a Mike Cameron and some of the ones from the 80's. I saw all the Johnson's they had they have about 7 or 8 all from different years all had the same amount of wear except for one with a large chew stain down the front.

Whomever scored the Edgar's got a great deal for 400.00 a pop as all showed great use.

bronx_burner
08-01-2011, 07:48 PM
If there are any Tinos available and someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ron
bballdrafter@yahoo.com

psmachetti
08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Also tons of Sweet Lou Pinella's and lesser players with the late 80's uniform style.

Can you tell me the prices on the Pinella jerseys?

Lokee
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Can you tell me the prices on the Pinella jerseys?

400.00 each

mbrieve
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Any Carlos Guillen jerseys? Price?

tknorm
08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Jeremy-
Thanks for offering to do treasure hunting for several of us:-)

Lokee-so did u find a Cam jersey when you went in? I'd love to see pix if you got one.

TKnorm

MarinersFan34
08-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Just got home from the field, no I didn't stay for the game tonight. Too much other stuff to get done at home.

I will start contacting folks with what I found shortly. I was able to help out at least one forum member who wasn't after a Randy or Edgar, so at least someone will be happy.

After talking with the manager he was shocked about the sudden onslaught of sales but I explained why, since they got emails last night just after the message was posted here. While that may have been collectors, putting the info out there caught the attention of both collectors and dealers and in less than 24 hours all Randy and Edgar jerseys were gone.

I'm not gonna say that people shouldn't ask for some markup if they don't plan on keeping something but to outright buy jerseys just to flip to the collector for twice your cost, sad. While we will probably never see this kind of treasure put up for sale again, I probably wouldn't bother mentioning any kind of sale like this ever on this forum. Instead I now have a wantlist I can contact people if I see something. Sure it may be selfish but at least it wouldn't cost a collector double the cost.

I'm sure after they've sat for awhile the prices might come down a little, either that or Kruk buys them all up.

As for what is still there, nothing before the 1987-1992 style, anything prior is gone. Still a fair number of jerseys for the players I listed in an earlier post except no Gar or Big unit now.

yanks12025
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Jeremy,

Were there any more Goose Gossage ones.

bronx_burner
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Can you verify if they had any Tino Martinez jerseys and what the prices were maybe? I can't locate an email address for them, but I'll call tomorrow if they did in fact have any.

Bondsgloves
08-01-2011, 10:13 PM
The ones on ebay look like they've got use...

PS: If you want to sell/trade one of your Johnson jerseys, let me know. ;)

I am collector and wasn't looking to flip these Jersey's. Maybe we can work out a trade for one. I will post photo's once I recieve the Jersey's

jppopma
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
While it's on the top, big kuddos to TMPJETS!!! I miss reading these type of threads where everyone is helping eachother out and not sending things downhill.

Even though I am not planning to buy any of these jerseys, I still want to thank tmpjets for sharing this information...even if just for giving us all some faith in our forum.

Dominic3464
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Hello tmpjets... would you pls. be so kind to drop me an email re these jerseys? thx much... Dominic uneek@usermail.com

calgrad1999
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I picked up a Randy Johnson jersey today. Been looking for a reasonably priced Big Unit jersey w/provenance for awhile. Big thanks for marinersfan34 and tmpjets for the lead.

Everyday you can get a HOF'er for $400 is a good day.

tmpjets
08-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Hey thanks you guys, really didn't see this getting as big as it has, I am just a collector and a life long Mariners fan and am so thankful that I scored the best Edgar jersey of the 3 they had. Alot of wear,snags,and many dirt stains on my 1996 Gar jersey. I have been on vaction and still am in Washington and been doing this all via my phone. So I am headed back up to Tuesdays night game and to hope to get another jersey if price and player is right. I am sure the team store staff was really like what the heck is going on? Well thanks again as I just wanted to share the new of this EPIC FIND to my fellow members and boo to those who are going to flip these. Wish me luck and hope I have helped afew of you guys out.:rolleyes:

earlywynnfan
08-02-2011, 05:33 AM
I'd love to have a Vizquel if you can get one.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

larry bourget
08-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Looks like they all found their way to EBAY

cjw
08-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the head's up guys! Was able to pick up a Jose Cruz Jr. rookie jersey over the phone.

Lokee
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Just stopped by the Team Store to see if they had anything new put out. Employees where pulling jersey's of the racks like crazy filling phone orders. Saw a slew of Buhner's, Boones pulled along with Olerud's.

Looks like they added a bunch of older jersey's yesterday, just to pull those as well.

I picked up a Jose Offerman and Eric Hanson :o I almost bought the Chris Bosio Green Alt for 200.00 but passed.

I was thinking about a Buhner but 400.00 ? Dan Wilson 300.00 ? Norm Charlton 300.00 ? I mean those are your dearly beloved Mariners if your a fan so I can see why they are asking so much.

Just a small update to let everyone know that you can still call in and check. They are more than happy to help. Just have your list of players and they can pretty much tell who is left. Goodluck :)

marinersfreeksr
08-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I posted in the classified area not really trolling this area, but I was able to pick up a 1988 non game used and no name and number home jersey today around 1PM for 100. Considering it would probably cost me more from retail and it actually had the SET 1 1988 tag on it made it a keeper.
The best back to back jersey's I saw were Plummer and Lefvever(sp). Brought back some memories from my childhood.

I actually got my tip from an ebayer, who was selling a Chuck Cottier jersey on ebay. He also had a Viszquel jersey for sale as well.

I would have loved to pick up some of the older jersey's because I am tired of the mark up and losing at the last minute on ebay.
Did anyone happen to pick up a Dave Cochrane jersey?

Would just like to know if it is out there:-)

Bondsgloves
08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Johnson Jersey arrived today. sweet Jerseys :)
1993 Road
1996 Home

ahuff
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a Felix jersey if someone is wanting to part with a good Randy Johnson that they got.

MarinersFan34
08-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Dang, now I wish I could have gotten an extra Randy to trade. I did get his ST/BP top though on my last trip on monday, which I'm assuming was the last Randy item out of the store, it went under the radar since there is no name on the back.

Style matched to this card *Majestic sleeve logo
http://images.checkoutmycards.com/original/b20d5ea8-515c-477f-9b55-3fd5da43bfd4.jpg (http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/1993/Select/118/Randy_Johnson/2030707)
Courtesy of CheckOutMyCards.com (http://www.checkoutmycards.com)

If you plan on selling the Felix, plmk as I'd be very interested.

WadeInBmore
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I would love a Buhner. How much have they been listing/selling for? If anyone knows email me and maybe we can work somethig out. Probably posting this too late...oh well.

Wade

MarinersFan34
08-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Buhners are $400, not as good of a deal as the Edgar or Randy were at that price but they're playing off the local fan base and it's worked since I bought 2 of them :p

They might still have some left, just give the team store a call and they can tell you what's there.

tmpjets
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello all, Update from last nights game and yes we won! Glad to say I was there to see it up close.

I went back to team store and did see a big change in to what was there tues. night from my last visit last friday. Many jerseys still up for grabs

Piniella-around 5 left 3 of which have some really nice use $400
Boone- around 6 only 2 with good use$300
Cameron-like 6 didnt look to hard at them$300
Olerud- about 5 or 6, with around 3 having light to good use$300
Wilson- 3 or 4 all with light use$300
Buhner-4, 2 with good use and many stains dirt/grass$400

Still many out there of guys who played a season or two with the team and only 1 Griffey Sr. in the glass case. Didnt seem that they had anymore in the "back" what they had was on the shelf.

I did end up asking and playing dumb to one of the staff and said what happend to all the other jerseys, he then told me some guy online posted that we had them and we have been non-stop selling and mailing them. He didnt seem to thrilled. So I kept my mouth shut, I did though in my digging throught the rack and yes it is the real deal a (1995) Jay Buhner away jersey that has stains of dirt and grass all over it! I couldn't believe my eyes a very well worn jersey. That will go well with my Edgar 1996 away that I scored friday night. I also got a broken Justin Smoak bat aswell that I will hang on to, been looking for sometime now for a Mariners one.So now that I am broke and still cant believe I spent that much money there, I am very happy in the end to what I was able to get and add to my personal collection. I would now consider the two gamers of Edgar and Buhner to be my new HOLY GRAILS.:D

MarinersFan34
08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
That figures lol.. Nice grab on the Smoak bat, they always get sold between the times I go there, in one case missed it by about 30 minutes.

Did that 95 Buhner have the Negro League patch? If so, I dunno how I missed that one. Still need a 94 and 95 (any players)for the general collection for Mariners years/patches.

tmpjets
08-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah I asked the guys in the team store if they had any Smoak or Ackley bats, knowing Ackely would have been like 1 in 100 chance. They told me no, only to walk out the team store and around sec. 124 the team store booths had 3 cracked bats with one being a Smoak so I jumped on that one. I hope and do believe that his stock and Ackley's will only rise. As for the Buhner jersey tagging is very faded but in good light you can see the '95 on it but no negro league patch. I photo match the Smoak bat to Jun.24 game at safeco vs. the Marlins.

Sincityson
08-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Were there any Paul Molitor jerseys?:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2004/07/23/2001987022.jpg

MarinersFan34
08-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the info on that kiosk, I usually skip past it since it always seems to have the same 3-4 bats and signed balls. I'll make sure to keep checking it though.

I kinda recall the Buhner you're talking about and if I recall the team wore the patch all year long so my thought was that it was a 96 jersey with 95 tag since it didn't look like a patch was removed.

As for Molitor jerseys, while I've never been there every game or at every acution/sale I've only seen 1 for sale ever by the team. Perhaps Paul took them with him or the team staff has them or hey, maybe they're in some other bins in storage waiting to be dumped out.

tmpjets
08-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Marinersfan34,

You maybe right about the Buhner jersey, but when I do get home and check it out with better light and a magnifying glass I will post, didnt seem to me either about the jersey ever having a patch on it. I do agree they did wear the Negro league patch all year either way it still has some killer game use on it and wouldn't trade if for the world. Or maybe a nice Giffey Jr. game used bat...lol..So who and how many jerseys did you end up getting if you dont mind? Also if you do frequent the team store alot and happen to see a Smoak or Ackley bat and you dont buy it could you drop me a line that would be awesome since I no longer live in washington anymore. And hey goodluck with the kiosks as that did kinda piss me off alittle if the team store had it in the shop I probably would have passed on the Buhner and just got the Smoak. But after a few cold ones in about the 7th inning I walked up and bought it. I just couldnt let it get away.

G1X
08-05-2011, 01:34 AM
tempjets and MarinersFan34,,

Please contact me at gixc@verizon.net if you are able to assist me in picking up a jersey.

Thanks!

Mark Hayne

erstad-collector
08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Anyone know if there are any Spiezio jerseys, and if so, how much?

MarinersFan34
08-05-2011, 08:55 PM
There are 2 Spiezios from 2004 both road, 1 shows good use, the other is light use/issued, I didn't look at them that closely though. They're $100 ea.

G1X
08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
(tmpjets and MarinersFan34 - Please disregard my previous request in post #72).

I called the Team Store today as I have always wanted a Mariners jersey of one of my favorite players, Mike Cameron. When I asked if they had any available, the store employee who answered the phone told me that she would have to go upstairs and see. Being a bit uncomfortable with having a team store employee determine which jerseys showed game use, I tried to make things as simple as possible for her. I asked her to please pull out the most beat-up, used jerseys she could find with my first preference being a road jersey followed in order by a home white and blue alternate.

After about a five-minute wait, she came back to the phone with two jerseys in hand - a road grey and a home white. She said that they weren't really "beat-up", but she seemed very attuned to the tagging being wrinkled/faded from repeated washing and wear. She said that these two were by far the best of the bunch in that regard. I did not hesitate to purchase the road grey. They charged $20 for shipping, and it's already on the way!

Good luck to everyone who is looking for Mariners jerseys.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

cammy collector
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
(tmpjets and MarinersFan34 - Please disregard my previous request in post #72).

I called the Team Store today as I have always wanted a Mariners jersey of one of my favorite players, Mike Cameron. When I asked if they had any available, the store employee who answered the phone told me that she would have to go upstairs and see. Being a bit uncomfortable with having a team store employee determine which jerseys showed game use, I tried to make things as simple as possible for her. I asked her to please pull out the most beat-up, used jerseys she could find with my first preference being a road jersey followed in order by a home white and blue alternate.

After about a five-minute wait, she came back to the phone with two jerseys in hand - a road grey and a home white. She said that they weren't really "beat-up", but she seemed very attuned to the tagging being wrinkled/faded from repeated washing and wear. She said that these two were by far the best of the bunch in that regard. I did not hesitate to purchase the road grey. They charged $20 for shipping, and it's already on the way!

Good luck to everyone who is looking for Mariners jerseys.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

Mark,

GREAT score on the Cammy! I still have the Birmingham Barons shirt you sold me a few years ago (Cammy was incredibly surprised when I presented it to him at a game to be signed), much to the chagrin to fellow forum member tknorm :p Do you mind sharing how much you paid for it?

PS would anybody care to share pictures of what they picked up? I'm sure many of us would enjoy seeing them..

tknorm
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
He, he, Cammy! But who was right there by your side when you got it signed??? That was a fun time. He was pretty surprised:)

I'm with Cammy, I'd love to see what people are getting.

Sincityson
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
MarinersFan34, are you going back there? Had a few lesser known players I was interested in, was gonna ask if you saw any previouslywill send you a PM..

Or is the better option to just call the shop?

ScS

As for Molitor jerseys, while I've never been there every game or at every acution/sale I've only seen 1 for sale ever by the team. Perhaps Paul took them with him or the team staff has them or hey, maybe they're in some other bins in storage waiting to be dumped out.

G1X
08-07-2011, 12:39 AM
cammy collector,

I still have "seller's remorse" for letting go of that Mike Cameron Birmingham Barons jersey. A jersey of one of my favorite players from my hometown team - what was I thinking??? At least I know that it went to a good home to one of his biggest fans. Glad to hear that you got it signed.

The Mariners charged $300 for the road Cameron I picked up plus $20 shipping. They did not charge sales tax since I live out-of-state. I wish that it had been a little bit less, but it is well worth it for me as I always wanted a nice Mariners gamer as his Seattle years were his best and the team that I tend to associate him with because of the two gold gloves, All-Star appearance, 4-homers in a game, etc.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

slab0meat
08-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I did not read every page here, but if there are any teal jerseys left with the 125th patch, or Negro Leagues patch, I'd love to get a hold of one... if anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks.

primeradriver
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Select GU bats for $39.99 at Alderwood Mariners Team Store.

Also, I will be going to Safeco on Saturday. If anyone is looking for something in particular LMK.

thereignstate@hotmail.com

rdeversole
08-26-2011, 07:17 PM
If anybody comes across the Chad Cordero Blue or Teal ALT jerseys from 2010 I'd like to purchase them! Also looking for a hat of his.

MarinersFan34
08-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I believe what was left of the 2010 stuff went to Kruk, I'd check with them and send them an email since they don't always list everything they have in stock.

As for the bargain bats in the trash can at the main store, there's lots of has beens, I recall seeing Branyan, Bradley, Lopez, Langerhans to name a few.

I'll be there tomorrow night as well and I'll be there early :cool:

MarinersFan34
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
For those looking for bats, the selection was very weak with lots of Langerhans and Ronny Cedeno types. Honestly I wouldn't even recommend them to anyone as they've all been handled so much by the fans over the course of the last year or two that most of them are not in the same state as they left the field of play. Price tag stickers stuck on the handles that have all info worn off from oily hands picking them up and swinging them.

They have gotten some very recent bats of the young guys like Carp, Casper, Seager and I think 1 Trayvon, those are $175. There is a very dark colored LS Smoak bat and they have 1 Ackley for $500 that was from the most recent Toronto series. That was what I saw on Saturday, so I cannot say for sure they still have them. I'll be there tomorrow night but I don't expect much of anything new since Saturday.

Jerseys are all picked over and nothing major is left nor has anything been added to the stock.

MarinersFan34
09-01-2011, 06:30 PM
If anybody comes across the Chad Cordero Blue or Teal ALT jerseys from 2010 I'd like to purchase them! Also looking for a hat of his.

Message sent regarding this request for both items. :cool:

brianborsch
09-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Is the Ackley bat uncracked?

MarinersFan34
09-02-2011, 01:53 AM
It is cracked, as a good 95%+ bats the M's sell are cracked. I think the view is that it's still usable till it's cracked/broken, so why take it out to sell.

primeradriver
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6369/imag0301s.jpg

Update of the Alderwood Team Store $40 case. The natural is front is Russell Branyon.

primeradriver
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8566/imag02651.jpg

Uhhh...the Southcenter Team Store has this for sale for $1100. That's the worst (fake) Ichiro auto I've ever seen.

Lokee
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Not sure why the Mariners Team Store would sell fake Ichiro autos.

I wonder if it could just be a sloppy sig.

Bondsgloves
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Funny... The Giants team store at the ballpark, the items use to not be put there from the Giants as most would think. Most of the autograph items in the Giants store were contracted from a third party sports memorabilia store. All the Giants dug out stores had the same deal, I can't tell you how many fakes I spotted in there.

So that Ichiro may not be from the Mariners.

MarinersFan34
09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
That Ichiro is horrible, and even if I saw him sign that in front of me, I'd not want to own it. Is that even certified or did someone switch jerseys?

primeradriver
09-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know. It had better not have a cert because that auto is super fake.

primeradriver
09-10-2011, 07:39 PM
At the game now. Kyle Seager (all black) and Justin Smoak (natural) GU bats with serious pine tar. Cracked, $175 each. I can pick them up if anyone needs. Gonna be here for approx two hours.

thereignstate@hotmail.com

tmpjets
09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Here we go, I finally made time to post the pics of my AWESOME score of two game used jerseys of Edgar Martinez and Jay Buhner. Back in early august at Mariners team store that I made everyone run franticly to grab these rare finds. So here they are, pics cannot do justic for the amount of dirt,grass and wear that these two jerseys have. Edgar on left.

1-Edgar Martinez 1996 away jersey with pine tar and dirt stains and tackel twill well worn many snags on the back and front. ***NOT FOR SALE!***

2-Jay Buhner 1995 jersey most likely '96 gammer with '95 tagging very very faded. Dirt and grass stains all over with his +2 inch" added to body.

sox83cubs84
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
And, for collectors who get nervous regarding older versions of manufacturer tags on newer jerseys, note the tag for the Edgar Martinez. A perfectly legitimate 1996 jersey, likely an A10 if MEARS graded it, and the Russell tag is the 1992 design. I don't know why, but tag carryovers seem much more plentiful with 1990s Russell jerseys than any other supplier/era of MLB.

Dave Miedema

primeradriver
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Update from Alderwood Team Store.

http://i54.tinypic.com/33big74.jpg

yanks12025
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Did they have any Chris Chambliss jersey's.

coletrain98
01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
i picked up an edgar martinez 2002 jersey and a rafael soriano rookie 2002 jersey

coletrain98
01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
i have that wily mo pena bat

coletrain98
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
now that i take a closer look at that picture a few posts down i have 3 of those bats the wily mo pena bottom shelf greg halman 3 bats back top shelf black/natural and casper wells very back bottom i got it signed by him

VanCan
05-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Has anyone been in the store lately? Just curious if they have any decent jerseys left or bats of Raul Ibanez or Jason Bay.

Thanks

MarinersFan34
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
There isn't much left, 1 rounder of jerseys are all that is left as Kruk cards bought out most of what they had in bulk. The prices haven't changed, they're still $200-$300 for the older ones left, like Boone, McLemore, etc.

I haven't seen any 2013 normal game day jerseys and probably won't unless someone is traded or the end of the season is here, whichever comes first.

They did have Ibanez bats last time I was there, they are $175 ea. and if they got any from Bay, they'd be the same price. That is the base price for game used bats from the team.

VanCan
05-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info Jeremy, much appreciated.