PDA

View Full Version : How to carry bats to the ball park?

Klattsy
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what you use to carry GU bats to the ball park for autos?

Do you just carry them in hand, do you try to conceal them in a bag of some sort? Do you take them in packing tubes?

I'm not worried about damaging them, more from a visibility issue. I'd like to remain as inconspicuous as possible :)

Mark.

CampWest
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Never tried to take them into a stadium. Most stadiums do not allow fans to carry bats into the stadium. If you are going to wait outside the stadium for autographs, you might look into using a collapsible chair bag. I use a lawn chair bag when I take bats to FanFest to get signed. Usually a chair bag will hold 4-6 bats depending on the size of the bag. Plus they usually have a shoulder strap that is not horrible and is always easier to carry than a box or bunch of tubes. It is nice that they are covered up, because that way people don't know if you have something really expensive and you can generally avoid a lot of distracting conversations from people who want to check out your bats while you are trying to focus on the task at hand.

Klattsy
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks Wes, the chair bag is a great idea, I never thought of that!

I thought a baseball tote bag might be to over the top. I have a special bag for cricket bats but the handles all stick out so a baseball bat would to.

I'm sure the local league here will have no problem with me bringing them in. We only get about 1000 at the games MAX.

Thanks!
Mark.

CampWest
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Also, if you are only carrying one or two bats and don't mind them being seen, these things work pretty well.

http://autograph-supply.com/S8_Bat_Display_2356.asp

http://autograph-supply.com/Supply/LargeImage/8082356.jpg

godwulf
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
The collapsable chair bag thing has always worked for me, as well. I put either mailing or bat tubes inside to keep them safe.

Not to try to derail the topic or anything, but the bat ban in stadiums really ticks me off. In a rowdy, big city venue like with the Yankees, Phillies and Cubs, I can sort of understand it, but in a minor league park with a largely family crowd of two or three thousand?

For that matter, Chase Field is a major league park, and there has never been a bat ban there.

jbsportstuff
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
As was previously mentioned, most stadiums do not allow bats into the ballpark. We were once given a GU bat before a game started and we had to check it at the stadium and get it back after the game was over.

Great idea on the chair bag though.

WadeInBmore
08-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I remember when they used to give souvenier bats out at O's games until something went drastically wrong. I think the same can be said about the seat cushions too...most always ended up on the field as I remember?!?

I would call your local minor league club to see if it's okay before you do so...I don't have a good feeling about it though. I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Wade

alltimegiants
08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
when I go to AT&T Park, I carry my bats in bat tubes and in an under armour bat bag. Its the best bat bag I've seen, its different from the normal bat bags out there. The bag is called the Under Armour Clean Up bag. It can hold up to 4 bat tubes. I picked mine for $7.00 at a local Marshalls store on clearance.:D

5 colors - black, red&black, royal blue&black, navy blue& black, pink&black

here's one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/UNDER-ARMOUR-UA-SOFTBALL-BASEBALL-RED-CLEAN-UP-BAT-BAG-/370522100218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5644d691fa