PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Game Used Initiatives: Grading Bats

dplettn
08-02-2011, 12:34 PM
I’ve previously had some experience with Renee (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/gameused@brewers.com) at the Milwaukee Brewers who has done a sensational job adding a tactful personal touch to everything she does. She helped one friend's wife surprise him for his birthday.... C'mon people get your minds out of the gutter. The only thing dirty was the bat!

Renee recently started an initiative which I think will have a net positive toward raising funds toward their cause, and also maintaining availability of product for a team that is increasingly in demand.

Renee is now grading bats before pricing them, so as to make it less likely the Brewers stock gets vulture by resellers. So, a Braun bat with great use and minimal cracking won’t be so cheap as to entice resellers and badly broken bats will be more affordable for budget minded consumers. The end result is that the club is able to directly serve its end consumers directly with tact and class.

I’m increasingly coming out of the closet as a budding Brewers fan just in seeing Renee’s game Used choices further the grass roots benefits of sports. What Renee does is top notch, and it might be indicative of the organization’s culture in such a manner that is a microcosm for what the team does. It also seems that the Atlanta Braves and San Francisco Giants are great with their approaches to game used merchandising.

My best guess is that the sort of things that Renee is doing is not only going to grow their game used merchandising but help convert the folks who jump on the wagon during good years into life long fans.

Is anybody aware of other clubs that have been so advanced to begin grading the use on bats in house?