PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Wives Jersey Silent Auction

ironmanfan
09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I went to the Orioles/Yankees game at Camden Yards this afternoon and during the game on the main concourse the Orioles Wives (yes, Anna was there!) were holding a Silent Auction. Among other things (signed balls, bats, etc.) they had game used jersey's of Perlozzo, Cabrera, Gibbons, Newhan, Todd Williams & Mora. I had intentions of bidding on the Newhan, but the final bid was over $400. The other tops brought typical charitable auction prices ($400-600). It was interesting to note that none of the GU jersey's were from this season (i.e. Perlozzo was a 2004). The only "new" Oriole who had a jersey was Kevin Millar, but it was one of those cheaper Majestic tops (I didn't even take note what that went for).

sportscentury
09-10-2006, 08:59 PM
It makes you wonder what other jerseys may pop up in future auctions. The Phillies were/are the same way. You never know what is going to pop up in their silent auctions at Citizens Bank Park (same was true back at the Vet). There was a hammered Thome jersey they had one time that I am still kicking myself for not going after more aggressively ... the bidding went just a bit too high for me to justify it.

Reid

geoff
09-11-2006, 03:01 AM
I am going to the game on Wed this week against Boston.I hope there is a few cool things that i can bid on.Geoff