PDA

View Full Version : How did this bat escape the Louiville Slugger Factory?

camarokids
08-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Brian,

Just curious as to how this bat found its way out of the factory? It has been more common lately to see this kind of bat on ebay. This is the first I have seen with different multiple player stampings. The players stamped into the bat are....MANNY RAMIREZ, STEVEN DREW, DANIEL WAGNER, J.D. MARTINEZ, ALBERTO CALLASPO

http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-ERROR-BAT-STRIKE-OVER-/390336797030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae1e2d966

Are these being shipped to the players in error? Is someone digging through the trash or are employees sneaking the bats out the back door? Or possibly the bat was given away?

There was a Royals bat of Zack Greinke recently that had his name stamped several times....

Just curious, but if you do have someone sneaking stuff out of your factory, I thought I should make you aware.

godwulf
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Just curious, but if you do have someone sneaking stuff out of your factory, I thought I should make you aware.

I thought sure that sentence was going to end with, "...could you find out who it is and give them my name and contact info?" :D

Looks like somebody was checking something out on the stamping machine and using this bat as "scrap".

godwulf
08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
THIS BAT IS NOT GAME USED

No kidding. But wouldn't you love to see the look on the home plate umpire's face if somebody stepped into the batter's box with this one?

BMH
08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
That is a set up bat. We keep them in the Pro bat department to help the operators prepare the branding machines. I have a pretty good idea where it came from, it seems they aren't being used as fire wood as they should be...

camarokids
08-05-2011, 07:17 PM
That is a set up bat. We keep them in the Pro bat department to help the operators prepare the branding machines. I have a pretty good idea where it came from, it seems they aren't being used as fire wood as they should be...

I will keep an eye out for more bats like this....

Neal
08-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Pretty cool bat!

yanks12025
08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Brian,

I've been meaning to ask, does your family still own the factory? I think thats great a Hillerich is still working there, why dont you guys bring back the old Hillerich logos.

BMH
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
We still own the company, my uncle is COB, my cousin is CEO, one brother is facilities manager and my other brother controls scheduling and factory inventory.

I would love to bring back the old #5 logo, it is so much easier to brand than the current #7. The reason we changed in the first place is to make it easier to see on TV. I know, sad but that is how the M9 logo came about.