PDA

View Full Version : Where are the rest of the Pink Bats?

camarokids
08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
MLB has not auctioned any more pink bats lately.

I do not recall seeing any Rays bats this year? Am I wrong?

I have a Rays Pink bat(s) from 2008 & 2009.

It seems pretty rare to see any Pink Bats for sale from 2006 & 2007.

frikativ54
08-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Was wondering the same thing. I also am curious as to where the rest of the Futures game hats went to.

-Frik

Larry Pelliccioni
08-13-2011, 07:08 AM
I loved the concept of the pink bat although I was only fortunate enough to get one game used one of then Detroit Tiger Curtis Granderson.
I hope that MLBB has not withdrawn their support for such a worthy cause.
Larry Pelliccioni

cubbs1232
08-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Larry Pelliccioni

the cause is a good one but the "charity" (susan g komen) mlb aligned themselves with is one of the worst groups going. Compared to the other cancer charities they are the worst as far as giving money back and "finding a cure", yet they are the biggest. The money that doesnt go towards their salaries either ends up in a savings account or goes towards raising awareness. i could go on and on but i better stop now. sorry about the rant but most people dont due their duediligence before donating and supporting these fradulant charities!

fyi if you dont believe me you can check out their 990 irs forms either thru the irs or guidestar.org

camarokids
08-13-2011, 09:01 PM
the cause is a good one but the "charity" (susan g komen) mlb aligned themselves with is one of the worst groups going. Compared to the other cancer charities they are the worst as far as giving money back and "finding a cure", yet they are the biggest. The money that doesnt go towards their salaries either ends up in a savings account or goes towards raising awareness. i could go on and on but i better stop now. sorry about the rant but most people dont due their duediligence before donating and supporting these fradulant charities!

fyi if you dont believe me you can check out their 990 irs forms either thru the irs or guidestar.org

Very well said! A lot of charities are money makers for the owners. Sure they are a non-profit, but they still get paid. That is why I will rarely give any money to a charity! Millions & millions have been given for cancer research. Are we any closer to a cure?

frikativ54
08-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Very well said! A lot of charities are money makers for the owners. Sure they are a non-profit, but they still get paid. That is why I will rarely give any money to a charity! Millions & millions have been given for cancer research. Are we any closer to a cure?

To be fair, nonprofits have to pay their staff. However, many people give hours and hours of their time and get paid next to nothing. This is all while those at the top are making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just disgusting IMO.

camarokids
08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
To be fair, nonprofits have to pay their staff. However, many people give hours and hours of their time and get paid next to nothing. This is all while those at the top are making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just disgusting IMO.

True, true. For example, the CEO of Goodwill makes half a million a year. That is crazy. What does he do that is so hard?

You have tons of good people that donate all their time for free to volunteer at places, then (just you said Les), the tops dogs rake in huge salaries!

Where are the pink bats?

LWMM
08-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Still waiting for Gomes's 2011 bat to come up, too.

Regarding charities, as said, lots of them have problems, (although I'm not familiar with the Komen financials); some do little but pay salaries, some spend lots of money without really achieving anything, some well intentioned ones get lots of money for a good cause and then don't know what to do with it. However, the fact that some charities have problems doesn't mean that all do. What it does mean is that you should do your research before buying into them. I know I've heard that said on this board before!

camarokids
08-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Still waiting for Gomes's 2011 bat to come up, too.

Regarding charities, as said, lots of them have problems, (although I'm not familiar with the Komen financials); some do little but pay salaries, some spend lots of money without really achieving anything, some well intentioned ones get lots of money for a good cause and then don't know what to do with it. However, the fact that some charities have problems doesn't mean that all do. What it does mean is that you should do your research before buying into them. I know I've heard that said on this board before!

True, there have a some good ones.

I wonder if the Reds Team Store has any of his stuff? You should ask Andrew Lang for some Nationals stuff of his!!!

camarokids
08-13-2011, 11:37 PM

typo , there "has to be" some good ones.

5toolplayer
08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I loved the concept of the pink bat although I was only fortunate enough to get one game used one of then Detroit Tiger Curtis Granderson.
Larry Pelliccioni

HEY LARRY,

ANY CHANCE AT ALL YOU WANT TO PART WITH YOUR GRANDERSON BAT. I THINK IT WOULD LOOK NICE IN PROBABLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST GRANDERSON COLLECTIONS IN THE US ;-) PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AND LET ME KNOW

LWMM
08-14-2011, 03:17 AM

I wonder if the Reds Team Store has any of his stuff? You should ask Andrew Lang for some Nationals stuff of his!!!

Have called the store every few days since Gomes was traded, without any luck. The last time they would only confirm that they had "game used items" without saying what any of those items were (or who used them, or if they were even used by a player, etc.), which is apparently their new strategy to deter resellers. Will try again when the store opens today.

Emailed Andrew, hopefully will be getting a Nationals bat soon!