PDA

View Full Version : Sideline Sample? Steelers XLV Super Bowl

jnorman76
08-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Quick story ... today, I went into a local Marshall's, where they usually have some pretty good Reebok and Majestic gear. I'm not sure where they get it from, but it's always interesting.

I sifted through the racks, and I found this interesting piece. I was under the impression that all of these items were destroyed or sent to other countries.

There's an NFL holo and Trophy Collection sticker, but there's also some sort of inventory marking on another sticker as well.

Anyway ... I bought it, thinking that there must be someone out there who thinks this is cool ...

Anyone have any thoughts here?

Shipp_96
08-06-2011, 09:47 AM
That is VERY cool! Being from Pennsylvania myself originally, that is an AWESOME piece to have. In a Fantasy football and Madden driven world, why not (LOL)?

I am not shocked though by this. In winter of 1993, while a student at Penn State, I was at the local mall in State College, and went into I believe a Footlocker. There on the front table, on sale no less, was a "Road to the Series" jersey which showed none other than the PIRATES logo as the NL Champs, with the MLB hologram and all! I actually had to do a double take at first, held it for a long minute before deciding to purchase it as a novelty.

Any heart broken Buccos fan will tell THEY deserved to be in that WS anyway ;). I had people tell me even then about shipping these to other country thing and how rare it was, but the store had quite a few of them.

Chris78
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I bought at the Majestic sale in Reading, PA this past December a Phillies 3xNL Champs shirt for $3.

To find a shirt like that at Marshalls (A.J Wright or Forman Mills would probably have shirts like this as well) is probably not a major surprise.

Still a cool piece to show off.

Chris

jnorman76
08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I bought it for $5. If either of you guys wants it for $5.50 (tax) plus the cost to ship, it's yours. Just let me know!