PDA

View Full Version : Rickie Weeks jersey on eBay

brewcrew
08-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Curious to know what you guys think about this. It's a supposedly game worn jersey from 2005, authenticated by Lou Lampson (yikes) through Vintage Authentics. I thought the pictures were weird and asked the guy for pics of the jock and neck tags.

He sent me a combined pic of both (which was a little odd, since you'd have to bunch the jersey up to make sure the two tags were in the same picture) - jock tag is Majestic Authentic size 48 (correct size for back then) and tag had 0062 on it. I then asked if there was an embroidered neck tag, because Mears just had a 2005 Weeks jersey, MLB Authenticated, in one of its auctions that had the Brewers tagging I am used to seeing (year, name, size, and then some random number). He said no.

I let the guy know that I had some concerns because of the neck tagging. Also advised him as to the recent arrest at the National. Am I totally off-base here, or is this a real gamer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180707377319&category=60597&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

brewcrew
08-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I hate to respond to my own posting, LOL, but I probably should have just gone straight to Renee with the Brewers first. I emailed her about neck tagging, and she informed me that the Brewers have been using the year, name, size, inventory number method since at least 2003. So if you see any supposed gamer without this neck tagging, it ain't legit.

There are fake Fielders and Weeks on eBay right now. Lou Lampson. What a joke.

Trublubrucru
08-10-2011, 07:56 AM
It is true Brewers jerseys have neck tagging for the last decade, but I have seen some legit gamers with the tagging removed or replaced by another name. This was on short timers or scrubs. I don't see a reason why a Weeks would have been altered if he never left the team. There would be visible stitch marks remaining if removed. Team Issued at best.

VA auctions, strike one, Lampson LOA, strike two, no neck tag, strike three

ps57
08-20-2011, 10:43 PM
I was recently contacted by a helpful ebayer who made me aware of the issues with a Rickie Weeks jersey that I had on ebay. Thanks to the person for informing me of the issues with Vintage Authentics and the fact that the jersey should have neck tagging. Fortunately, I was then able to contact the person who I bought the jersey from---and, they are refunding my purchase price. The jersey listing has been pulled from ebay. I am getting a quick education on jerseys and will want to learn more before I buy one again.

Trublubrucru
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
The jersey is back on Ebay and is still titled as Game used \ worn. The jersey was returned and the seller blows it off as buyer's remorse. Ya, okay, whatever. He was informed that it wasn't real, yet he doesn't care and relists it as game used.