PDA

View Full Version : Difference in pricing between GI/GU

Dolphins23
08-14-2011, 03:55 PM
How much of a difference in price is there between a starting bumb QB like Chad Henne GU as to GI or TI?

I know the player wearing increases the value a lot, but what if the QB is not popular at all? Does it all depend on the market for that player?

So like for example if he goes 1-15 this season his GU may be 1,000 and GI 300

where as if he were to go 15-1 his GU would be 5k and GI 2K?

Is this accurate? or is the market alwasy the same no matter what?

ivo610
08-14-2011, 05:09 PM
What prices are we talking? Collector to collector? JO Prices? NFL auction prices? Ebay? Big range of prices.

masp3392
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
fellow dolphin my friend

you heard jo got a contract with the fins? cant wait

i want a cameron wake or a davone bess jersey

Shipp_96
08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
I can go only give you some personal experience. I collect fellow Penn State alums, and I happen to own two Bobby Engrams that are game worn jerseys, and one that is issued. In Seattle, Engram is a fan favorite whom I would expect will someday have his number retired in their ring of fame. He was also an All American at PSU and should have been part of a National Title team that went 13-0.

So, though not a bum, he also was not someone who nationally may get alot of attention outside of PSU or 'Hawks fans.

I only paid $25-$50 less for an issued jersey of his from the Chiefs than I did for two worn jerseys from the Hawks (from his finest professional season no less, the home and away set).

I have also seen issued signed jerseys go for as much or slightly more than a worn jersey for other lesser Penn State players in the NFL.

So, I would expect you will pay less, but not tremendously less.

PS) I am also happy to hear JO may be getting some Cameron Wake gear!

Dolphins23
08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah so its based on his popularity throughout his whole career including college. That makes sense. I guess it all depends on who the buyer is and how much there willing to spend based on what that player means to them (home town hero), (college alum) ex...

And I can't wait. Wake and Bess are 2 of my favorite phins players! I'm currently searching for game worn game issued dolphins QB jerseys who wore silk screen sleeves. I'm trying to work out something with mulligan to obtain a pennington jersey :). I love the home white jerseys with the teal silk screened sleeves always have haha. I can't wait for JO sports to post there phins gamers and issued. Need to get a Henne, and whatever back ups they keep who wear the silk screens!

masp3392
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
do the players have that choice? you probably know more than me in regards to our fins jersey's

Yeah so its based on his popularity throughout his whole career including college. That makes sense. I guess it all depends on who the buyer is and how much there willing to spend based on what that player means to them (home town hero), (college alum) ex...

And I can't wait. Wake and Bess are 2 of my favorite phins players! I'm currently searching for game worn game issued dolphins QB jerseys who wore silk screen sleeves. I'm trying to work out something with mulligan to obtain a pennington jersey :). I love the home white jerseys with the teal silk screened sleeves always have haha. I can't wait for JO sports to post there phins gamers and issued. Need to get a Henne, and whatever back ups they keep who wear the silk screens!

Dolphins23
08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah the players have the choice on what cut they like better. Some where the silk screened sleeves because there arms (mostly QB's) have more space and move more freely to benefit there throwing motion. Not all QB's decide to go with the screened sleeves some go with the cuffed style. Marino, Henne, Mccown, Frerotte, Rosenfels, they all use screen (non cuffed sleeves) others like Culpepper, pat white, AJ feely choose to have cuffed sleeves, but in there own custom cut/style. Weird when you think about it and probably not noticable unless you really know the difference in QB's preference.

Well the screened gamers are cool because I like my jerseys not to have cuffed sleeves and it gives me a chance to have an authentic jersey with out cuffed dolphins retail sleeves.

jppopma
08-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Alot of the difference depends on the player. I have seen some of the big names GI go for almost as much as the GU (just because there is so much demand). In the middle it can be as much as 1/2 the price. The on the low end, the GI can be just as much as the GU (because there is a bigger market out there that doesn't care if it's worn, issued, or anything else).