PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for eBay jersey purchase

short84
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a situation I have never experienced before. I purchase a game used Flozell Adams jersey via eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180709329602&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Seller states Steiner COA is included. I have several jerseys in my collection obtained from Steiner Sports and all of them have holograms attached to the item with a matching hologram attached to the COA.

Jersey arrives and does have light game use present. It is not hammered or very dirty, but does show game use and has all the alterations present on a gamer. Problem is the hologram that was attached to the jersey has been removed. There is a very small area of silver residue on the neck tag that suggest a hologram could have been placed there. Why would anyone remove a hologram from a jersey when they have a COA?

I would appreciate any advice. I would like to work something out with the seller but in my opinion the COA is worthless without the matching hologram attached to the jersey. Thank you very much! SS

SoftJ
08-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Bump

jppopma
08-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Sometimes the holograms just can fall off from handling. not being applied properly, or from washing the jersey. I have a few jerseys that have lost holograms.

trsent
08-16-2011, 03:23 AM
The seller didn't state anything about a hologram, and the jersey is worth something if it is a good jersey, a Steiner hologram doesn't make the jersey a genuine item.

If you were concerned about a hologram, you should have asked the seller in advance if there is a hologram on the item as I know if I am selling anything with a sticker or hologram on it I always post a picture of the sticker/hologram and mention it in my description.

I personally feel you are overreacting, but if you can't live with a game used Flozell Adams jersey because it doesn't have a Steiner hologram on it, return it to the seller. eBay will protect you and allow you to return it if you are not satisfied. Just email the seller through eBay and tell them why you are not satisfied. If they refuse to accept a return, eBay has a resolution center where they can investigate. Wait for the seller to respond first, many sellers are professional.

The seller isn't a very thorough seller, brief description and low resolution photos making it hard to see what they are selling, but if you were looking for a hologram, you should have asked before you bought it.

Mulligans
08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Don't sweat it Short.....I'm with jppopma...The stickers fall off all of the time and there is little you can do about it.

It sounds like you got a great Jersey and you are certainly not overreacting. The Forum is a great place to ask these type of questions.:)

solarlottry
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with Mulligans in that no sticker is a bummer but they do fall off all the time and at least you knew one was there at some point. The most important thing is that the shirt is good and does have the Steiner letter. You may be able to contact Steiner and they may re-issue you a sticker for the shirt if they know it is the same shirt.

Always buying 49ers shirts
paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

short84
08-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you very much! The seller did tell me he purchased it directly from Steiner Sports which made me feel secure about the COA. The sticker probably fell off and was lost before he purchased it.