Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdeversole
    • Dec 2009

THOME Hit #600

Thome just hit #599 and 600 in the game tonight! Pretty cool stuff. Looks like the Twins bullpen caught the HR so he'll have a nice ball to keep.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics
  • freddiefreeman5
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Re: THOME Hit #600

Good for him. Thome is one of the nicest players in baseball.

No steroids, just determination.

Comment

• brewcrew
      • Mar 2011

Great for him....another guy from my hometown playing baseball the right way. That's part of the reason I respect him and Joe Girardi (also from Peoria) so much. Way to go, Jim!

Comment

• CampWest
        • May 2008

Very happy for Thome. He's been really nice every time I've met him. Seems like a genuinely great guy.

Now, let's see some gear in tribute to the achievement...
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        Wes Campbell

Comment

• thomecollector
          • May 2006

Nice bat Wes. Lmk if you want sell it.
          Roger Ward- Thomecollector
          thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• cliffjmp33
            • Jun 2010

Here's a link to MLB Authenticator. It's #600. http://yfrog.com/kf3ltwrj
            Cheers,
            Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
            My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by rdeversole
              Thome just hit #599 and 600 in the game tonight! Pretty cool stuff. Looks like the Twins bullpen caught the HR so he'll have a nice ball to keep.
              I'm glad to see that Thome won't be held up for the ball by any fans/ballhawks/investors.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• CampWest
                • May 2008

Jim Thome accepted a trade from Minnesota on Thursday night to return to the Indians, the team he started with and one hoping its career home run leader can help it run down the first-place Tigers.

Back to the Indians!!!
                sigpic
                Wes Campbell

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
                  Good for him. Thome is one of the nicest players in baseball.

No steroids, just determination.
                  Not to ruin the moment, but I don't think we can assume anyone from the Steroid Era has done things "the right way." Steroids were rampant, and from what I've heard, over half of ballplayers used them. I don't know how Thome's not being caught equates to his playing the game clean. JMO.
                  Les Zukor
                  bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                  Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                  (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Number13
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by frikativ54
                    Not to ruin the moment, but I don't think we can assume anyone from the Steroid Era has done things "the right way." Steroids were rampant, and from what I've heard, over half of ballplayers used them. I don't know how Thome's not being caught equates to his playing the game clean. JMO.
                    But, you also can't assume that he did use because of it either. Unless there is some evidence out there that he did. We can't put an astericks(I hope I spelled that right) next to everything in this era. Yes, there are some that used, but there are also some that did not.

Comment

• CampWest
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Number13
                      But, you also can't assume that he did use because of it either. Unless there is some evidence out there that he did. We can't put an astericks(I hope I spelled that right) next to everything in this era. Yes, there are some that used, but there are also some that did not.

+1

And I am shocked that a huge Bagwell fan made that statement about Thome. Bagwell has often been accused and judged by many people based on nothing but association and the fact that he added a lot of muscle mass over the years. Personally I don't have any reason to assume Bagwell used (I believe he was just a gym rat and that he got involved in body-building lifting instead of baseball strength training which ruined the end of his career).

And the same goes for Thome.

As a game used collector, we've seen hat/helmet sizes of some of the guys known to have used steroids and there is some evidence there in things that should not change significantly (hat and show size specifically). Bonds went from like a 7 3/8" hat to an 8 1/4 I think it was. Jose Guillen from a 7 1/4 to an 8. Etc. Bagwell still wore a 7 1/4 hat at the end of his career. I believe the last Thome hat I saw was right where I expected it to be.

I dunno, Frik, I'm pretty sure you have fought the fact-less Bagwell accusations in the past, not sure you should then turn around and throw Thome under the bus.
                      sigpic
                      Wes Campbell

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

Personally, I believe Thome and Bagwell are both clean, as was Frank Thomas.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Tallyman77
                          • Mar 2009

Barry Bonds wore a size 7 1/8 with ASU and with the Pittsburgh Pirates, then 7 1/4 while with the San Francisco Giants. I have never seen anything above a 7 1/4 that was actually genuine for Bonds. Please remember, hair styles as well as cap manufacturers are valid reasons for cap size increase or decrease and cannot always be associated with steroids and such. But with Bonds, he chooses a shaved head with the Giants and the cap size increases......go figure.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Evergreen7777@att.net

Comment

• thomecollector
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by frikativ54
                            Just like you Les to always try to ruin the moment. Remember , You are inocent til PROVEN guilty.
                            Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                            thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• frikativ54
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by CampWest
                              +1

And I am shocked that a huge Bagwell fan made that statement about Thome. Bagwell has often been accused and judged by many people based on nothing but association and the fact that he added a lot of muscle mass over the years. Personally I don't have any reason to assume Bagwell used (I believe he was just a gym rat and that he got involved in body-building lifting instead of baseball strength training which ruined the end of his career).

And the same goes for Thome.

As a game used collector, we've seen hat/helmet sizes of some of the guys known to have used steroids and there is some evidence there in things that should not change significantly (hat and show size specifically). Bonds went from like a 7 3/8" hat to an 8 1/4 I think it was. Jose Guillen from a 7 1/4 to an 8. Etc. Bagwell still wore a 7 1/4 hat at the end of his career. I believe the last Thome hat I saw was right where I expected it to be.

I dunno, Frik, I'm pretty sure you have fought the fact-less Bagwell accusations in the past, not sure you should then turn around and throw Thome under the bus.
                              I never said that Thome used. I just don't think that we should declare a player to be clean just because he hasn't been caught. We should take everybody from that era's numbers with a grain of salt, because steroids were rampant back then. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, nor should I.

As for Bagwell, it is totally irrelevant here. I never said that Bagwell was clean; he may well have used steroids. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. I don't support baseless accusations; I was just pointing out that we shouldn't make assumptions on a guy's use just because he hasn't been caught.
                              Les Zukor
                              bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                              Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                              (617) 682-0408

Comment

Working...