PDA

View Full Version : JO sports gets Dolphins Contract. What does this mean for NFL Auctions?

Dolphins23
08-15-2011, 10:57 PM
As most of you reported, (well its reported on there site) but JO sports recieved a jersey contract from the Miami Dolphins NFL franchise. What does this mean for NFL auctions? Does this mean that NFL auctions will no longer auction off game used and issued jerseys and PWM? NFL auctions sometimes has great prices for items I want, JO sports sometimes likes to charge to much. This could be a bad thing right? Or will NFL auctions still get the same amount of team stuff as they do every year? Can someone please fill me in on how things will go for the auction world this season for my team.

Thanks!

mad87man
08-15-2011, 11:00 PM
I think NFL can still get some stuff from the Dolphins. I think JO has a contract with them to get so much stuff from the team or certain things, so NFL can just take the rest. I don't really know but the Jets still sell stuff on auctions so i would think Dolphins would too.

mmonte4
08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Does anyone have insight into the details of these type contracts. How do they work? Does JO agree to give 50% of sales to the Dolphins? Do they agree to give them a lump sum? Do they agree to buy every jersey for $500? What is in it for the Miami Dolphins or any team that enters into a contract with JO?

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Does anyone have insight into the details of these type contracts. How do they work? Does JO agree to give 50% of sales to the Dolphins? Do they agree to give them a lump sum? Do they agree to buy every jersey for $500? What is in it for the Miami Dolphins or any team that enters into a contract with JO?

Thats what I'd like to know. I could of sworn JO sports pays them big dollars for exclusive rights to game gear and issued gear. I think they only get a certain amount of players jerseys per month and the rest go to NFL auctions and other sites for charity purpose (don't think any of JO goes to charity for its strictly for business profit purposes), I know the dolphins did an orange gamer auction for wounded warrior project last year. But not sure if they will do things like this anymore seeing how JO now has the contract. Its kind of like how Jordan can't sign autographs unless done with upperdeck. I'm assuming if a kid hands Camron Wake a Pepsi bottle he wouldn't be able to take his jersey off and throw it to the kid without JO sports intercepting it Mid-Air.

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I really hope NFL auctions gets some gamers this year though, because i'm relying on them so I can actually win an auction for under 800$ (or have the chance too) I missed out on a Tyler Thigpen 2 years in a row! (missed the auctions due to business travel) And saw they sold for right around 600$ one was for a home white and one was for Alternate orange vs jets at home when chad henne shredded the field up but they still lost. I could have won atleast one of them because I would have been willing to exceed 600$ for it, (coastal carolina guy) I know if JO sports puts that same jersey up on there site I will have to pay a set price of 1,500. The Chad Henne orange gamer sold for over 5 grand! That means on JO sports it would easily sell for 15,000. So if you guys are willing to drop a pretty penny on gamers from JO then God bless you for being a finance king! but me the avg Joe whos still in dental school (UMDNJ) and going to have to pay major tuition bills upon graduation its not a priority at this point to spend the amount JO wants. I know they will personally find the jersey you want for you, but half the beauty of this hobby is searching and searching for the grail you want, and when you finally find it, its just that much sweeter :-). Idk about you guys but I'll be a heavy player with NFL auctions and the forum looking for grails at under 3k per jersey. Heck Mulligans has half of my grails in his posession haha. But we'll see what happens this season with JO. I would love to see the preseason jerseys hit the market soon but I think they only get 1 preseason jersey. Pre-season jerseys are usually a lot cheaper and show minimal wear (for a starter) for 2nd and 3rd stringers its cool because if theres a rookie player you like who was drafted late its a chance to get the jersey cheap before he floors it to fame. Plus the jersey is still considered worn. I wonder where the pre-season jerseys go. They could even go to most players homes for it may be there first ever NFL jersey they put on.

P.S most of the comments above are not factual there just personal thesios statements of what may or may not occur with regards to GWM.

perlman9
08-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Hey Dolphins23
JO worked out a great deal with me on a jersey that was listed much higher on the site, so don't necessarily be too put off by initial numbers. They have a good team that will help fill the collection (especially if they know you are a collector and not a reseller) and they also took a down payment to hold it until I could pay.

nickacs
08-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey Dolphins23
JO worked out a great deal with me on a jersey that was listed much higher on the site, so don't necessarily be too put off by initial numbers. They have a good team that will help fill the collection (especially if they know you are a collector and not a reseller) and they also took a down payment to hold it until I could pay.

+1.. From my own personal experience with JO Sports, anyone that is interested in any JO jersey, don't think because you see the price on the website and it's too high for you, you can't buy it. I've been dealing with Robert there and he's been the best to work with. Now, your not going to get a $20k AP jersey for $5k, but certainly they are open to working with their customers to help you get the jersey you want. Both of the game worn NFL jerseys I bought from them have been some of the best additions to my collection and couldn't be happier!

mad87man
08-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Thats what I'd like to know. I could of sworn JO sports pays them big dollars for exclusive rights to game gear and issued gear. I think they only get a certain amount of players jerseys per month and the rest go to NFL auctions and other sites for charity purpose (don't think any of JO goes to charity for its strictly for business profit purposes), I know the dolphins did an orange gamer auction for wounded warrior project last year. But not sure if they will do things like this anymore seeing how JO now has the contract. Its kind of like how Jordan can't sign autographs unless done with upperdeck. I'm assuming if a kid hands Camron Wake a Pepsi bottle he wouldn't be able to take his jersey off and throw it to the kid without JO sports intercepting it Mid-Air.
I am sure the NFL still can get some over JO Sports. If they have let's say 22 starting jerseys, 11 offense, 11 defense, i am sure NFL can take some since they own them. Not 100% sure on this but i have seen Jets Jerseys on auction before, even last night they had a 2009 Tony Richardson game used so i am sure NFL can get some. It also prob. depends on how many jerseys each team uses.

solarlottry
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Call Robert as many others have mentioned. List price has almost nothing to do with actual price unless you are in the market for a superstar. Whomever paid 5K for Henne is NUTS! If he is your grail I cant see an issue with finding a gamer of his on ebay or at auction at some point. Same with TT.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

josportsco
08-16-2011, 10:47 AM
We have secured a equipment deal with the Miami Dolphins. We are very proud that the Dolphins accepted us as a partner. With that being said, I cannot speak on behalf of NFL Auctions regarding securing Dolphins equipment. But we would be more than happy to help any Dolphins collector with their collecting needs. Just give us a email or a call to discuss.

JO

josportsco
08-16-2011, 10:55 AM
I forgot to mention, the Dolphins ARE NOT wearing the Orange Alternate this year. The way the schedule works they will wear a Aqua Alternate Kick Off Weekend and that will be it for the alternate.

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Dolphins23

Really? Thats pretty cool if they did that. I didn't know they could be negotiable. I thought all prices were firm. That being the case I will be looking forward to buying some Dolphs back up QB's I really hope the they can get Pat Devlin home white, and Kevin O'connell. There team is known for finding the jerseys you want which could be a positive if its a really rare one that you can't find anywhere. But it also has some negative if you like searching your self so when you do find it, it makes it that much sweeter once you find it and recieve it.

1-10 right now JO sports is a 6 to me

After I see there phins merchandise and prices that could easily jump to a 9 of 10

10 of 10 is very rare and sites on my grade list normally never reach a 10. Those are the rare sites like Game Used Memorabilia that get 10's. As far as GUM and GWM, this is the best site in the Universe!

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I forgot to mention, the Dolphins ARE NOT wearing the Orange Alternate this year. The way the schedule works they will wear a Aqua Alternate Kick Off Weekend and that will be it for the alternate.

Aqua alternate? The teal away jersey? Thats good if there only wearing it once because I have tons of teal gamers, and a'm looking for only whites at this time. JO can you get me a pre-season Pat Devlin? or Chad Henne? Its funny because I've seen GU henne jerseys sell for 5,000$ and some sell for 450$.
I'm looking forward now to buying a Henne off you this year! GI and GW! Can't wait!

Can you get older QB's from the team aswell? Like A.J Feely, Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels? I'm really interested in trying to obtain a Frerotte and Rosenfels from 2005 anniversary year with the super cool looknig 40th season patch they wore. If you can that would be awsome. But I'm assuming its just current gamers. Because why would the Dolphins still have old QB gamers anyway lol. They def hit auction a while ago probably

Thanks for all the replys guys your all awsome. And this website rocks. Thanks JO its good I got to talk to you with no strings attached. Can't wait for the season!!!

(P.S) My puppy just got hit by a car and was killed : ( (NINO my moms little Chiuaua) So don't mind me if my spelling and run-on sentences are all messed up. I'm so sad and trying to take my mind off of it. (STUPID SPEEDERS DOWN MY BLOCK PROBABLY TEXTING AND DRIVING NOT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TEEN AGERS!! UGHHH)

masp3392
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
i want a davone bess orange jersey

i cant believe henne's jersey would go for an upwards of 5 grand, i just cant picture that. obviously the price on the jersey's are determined by how rare they are, the players caliber, and i guess on what they did that game or who the game was played against?

the most expensive jersey on the team i would figure to be reggie bush / brandon marshall / or jake long. definitly not chad henne

ps. sorry about your loss my friend

Aqua alternate? The teal away jersey? Thats good if there only wearing it once because I have tons of teal gamers, and a'm looking for only whites at this time. JO can you get me a pre-season Pat Devlin? or Chad Henne? Its funny because I've seen GU henne jerseys sell for 5,000$ and some sell for 450$.
I'm looking forward now to buying a Henne off you this year! GI and GW! Can't wait!

Can you get older QB's from the team aswell? Like A.J Feely, Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels? I'm really interested in trying to obtain a Frerotte and Rosenfels from 2005 anniversary year with the super cool looknig 40th season patch they wore. If you can that would be awsome. But I'm assuming its just current gamers. Because why would the Dolphins still have old QB gamers anyway lol. They def hit auction a while ago probably

Thanks for all the replys guys your all awsome. And this website rocks. Thanks JO its good I got to talk to you with no strings attached. Can't wait for the season!!!

(P.S) My puppy just got hit by a car and was killed : ( (NINO my moms little Chiuaua) So don't mind me if my spelling and run-on sentences are all messed up. I'm so sad and trying to take my mind off of it. (STUPID SPEEDERS DOWN MY BLOCK PROBABLY TEXTING AND DRIVING NOT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TEEN AGERS!! UGHHH)

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks Masp I appreciate it brotha.

And yeah heres the link http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=112452986&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=112799696 I couldn't beleive my eyes! If you look at the thigpen it sold for 600$ and dolphins fans at that point were just as skeptical with thigpen then they were Henne lol. So that big of an increase in price was mind boggoling. I know for a fact that Henne jerseys will never sell for 5 grand and up. Mulligans sold one for not even a fraction of that that price, but it wasn't the alternate orange.

And JO did the dolphins get a new alternate is that what your saying? A new Aqua alternate? if so can't wait to see it! Maybe it has orange numbers or something.

gingi79
08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Chad Henne for $5k? A steal. Some poor collector dropped $7600 on John Beck's jersey: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12372&highlight=john+beck

I mentioned how stupid I thought the $5k was then. I wouldn't boo him like some fans but I don't trust him to be the answer either. Sorry to see Thigpen go (ex Coastal Carolina player) maybe Devlin is the answer

masp3392
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Chad Henne for $5k? A steal. Some poor collector dropped $7600 on John Beck's jersey: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12372&highlight=john+beck

I mentioned how stupid I thought the $5k was then. I wouldn't boo him like some fans but I don't trust him to be the answer either. Sorry to see Thigpen go (ex Coastal Carolina player) maybe Devlin is the answer

$7600 for a JOHN BECK!!!!! holy crap what are people thinking!!!

that either was a crazed dolphin fan, a crazed john beck fan, or someone who has lots of $$$ to throw around and does not care who it is.

wow!, i thought the henne was bad!

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
you forgot option number 3

It was John Beck himself LMAO

masp3392
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
you forgot option number 3

It was John Beck himself LMAO

lmao

im still trying to put sense into what that person was thinking. I can do alot with 7600 bucks rather than buying a 3-4th string caliber qb's game worn jersey

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
It's crazy! Unless he was getting a steal! it's never worth buying a QB's jersey based off of his first game as a starter. Odds are hes going to be a big huge nothing in the NFL. Dolphins have had 17 starters since Marino. So we have to be realistic in knowing the odds are of one of the QB's reaching star potential are slim to nada. Its funny how people optimise on players they think are the future of the franchise. Every dolphins fan has been waiting for that next Marino caliber quarterback, but realisticly I've learned not to over pay for any dolphins QB. The most I would ever spend on a phins starting QB is a 800$ and thats for a Pennington. (only QB I actually liked for the phins since Marino jsut because of his brain power and personality as a country boy leader)

John Beck!!! come on!! I've seen Brett Farve gamer sell for cheaper!!!

masp3392
08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
pennington would be the most i'd spend also, fiedler (not sure if i spelled it right) probably after, then henne

its crazy the amount of money he spent, he could have 2 maybe 3 all pro caliber players game worn jerseys

crazy

It's crazy! Unless he was getting a steal! it's never worth buying a QB's jersey based off of his first game as a starter. Odds are hes going to be a big huge nothing in the NFL. Dolphins have had 17 starters since Marino. So we have to be realistic in knowing the odds are of one of the QB's reaching star potential are slim to nada. Its funny how people optimise on players they think are the future of the franchise. Every dolphins fan has been waiting for that next Marino caliber quarterback, but realisticly I've learned not to over pay for any dolphins QB. The most I would ever spend on a phins starting QB is a 800$ and thats for a Pennington. (only QB I actually liked for the phins since Marino jsut because of his brain power and personality as a country boy leader)

John Beck!!! come on!! I've seen Brett Farve gamer sell for cheaper!!!

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
haha exactly. Pennington is the man! Check this link out. I wish I was into gamers when it was listed!

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=109553091&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=109899801

now thats a great price : ) for a cool jersey! He could have got that pennington, and a game worn Long on ebay right now and still had 6,000 left over to spend!

P.S I just got a Jimmy Druckenmiller Gamer haha. I got it because its cool it has the starter logos on inside of sleeves, but on outside it has nike swoosh logo patch stitched over the starter logo. (the recycled jerseys back in the late 90's which I thought was cool) Only paid 200$

masp3392
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
haha exactly. Pennington is the man! Check this link out. I wish I was into gamers when it was listed!

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=109553091&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=109899801

now thats a great price : ) for a cool jersey! He could have got that pennington, and a game worn Long on ebay right now and still had 6,000 left over to spend!

P.S I just got a Jimmy Druckenmiller Gamer haha. I got it because its cool it has the starter logos on inside of sleeves, but on outside it has nike swoosh logo patch stitched over the starter logo. (the recycled jerseys back in the late 90's which I thought was cool) Only paid 200$

wow that pennington is nice! there's so many cool things on that jersey (captains patch, worn during breast cancer awareness) thats a cool jersey to own

that dude is a complete fool

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 03:46 PM
yessir! but I guess to each there own right lol

Jules9
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Is there any proof that the Beck jersey was actually paid for after the auction. The person could have bid the jersey up and never paid for it.

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't think you can do that with NFL auctions because you have to put in your credit card information prior to bidding (I think) so they automatically charge you.

ivo610
08-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't think you can do that with NFL auctions because you have to put in your credit card information prior to bidding (I think) so they automatically charge you.

Credit cards dont always go through. Otherwise its expired. Or they have a new one.

If you spend enough time around this forum you will see that many jerseys have been relisted on NFL auctions. A certain Tampa Bay jersey comes to mind.

Dolphins23
08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Credit cards dont always go through. Otherwise its expired. Or they have a new one.

If you spend enough time around this forum you will see that many jerseys have been relisted on NFL auctions. A certain Tampa Bay jersey comes to mind.

Lol really? what tampa bay jersey wasn't paid for? thats pretty funny that people would do that.

Mulligans
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Actually, that's not even a Gamer.....you could argue that $600 was an awful lot of Money for an Authentic Jersey.:eek:

Mulligans
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes....I remember that Tampa Bay Jersey......No one ever paid for them and I ended up with all 4 of them!:confused:

woody1351
08-17-2011, 03:51 PM
JO will help they are nice people. I got the Henne and Pennington from mulligans. i need some more fins stuff, dolphins23 i have some stuff to sell if you are interested. woody1351@hotmail.com