PDA

View Full Version : Removing a sharpie from a jersey # ?

thomecollector
08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I am trying to remove a silver sharpie from a black jersey number.
It's not a very good signature. As it is hard to see. Any ideas how I can remove it without damaging the number ? Plmk.
Thanks,Roger:confused:

eisenreich8
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I just placed an order for 3 bottles from this place in Canada. I know from experience it is one of the most effective products I've seen do any task. Just drizzle it on the signature and blot dry.

I'll let you know if I receive my order. This liquid stuff has been hard to find for a few years. It's cheap though and a little goes a long way. Good luck!

http://www.asseenontvco.com/goo-gone-ink-away-.75oz.html

eisenreich8
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
In fact, Roger. I will let you know if/when my order arrives and I will send you one of those bottles, gratis. I meant to include that in my earlier post.

soxfan
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I gotta say that the good old "Tide Stick" has always worked for me and worked very well.

Tide Stick the signature and then wash it as per normal and you are good to go.

If you dont want to wash the jersey (ie-game used) then you can make a solution usuing Oxy Clean and just dab it on the signature and it will usually remove it no problems.

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

thomecollector
08-21-2011, 07:56 AM
I just placed an order for 3 bottles from this place in Canada. I know from experience it is one of the most effective products I've seen do any task. Just drizzle it on the signature and blot dry.

I'll let you know if I receive my order. This liquid stuff has been hard to find for a few years. It's cheap though and a little goes a long way. Good luck!

http://www.asseenontvco.com/goo-gone-ink-away-.75oz.html
Thanks for the help.

thomecollector
08-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I gotta say that the good old "Tide Stick" has always worked for me and worked very well.

Tide Stick the signature and then wash it as per normal and you are good to go.

If you dont want to wash the jersey (ie-game used) then you can make a solution usuing Oxy Clean and just dab it on the signature and it will usually remove it no problems.

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Jeremy,
Thanks for the info. OxyClean solution ?? What is this ?
Thanks,Roger

Joeycola
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I second the tide stick... I've used it & it works great. I didn't wash the jersey... Basically let the solution set and then hand washed the number.

thomecollector
09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
How did you hand wash it ?