PDA

View Full Version : WBC Auction Issues

Eric
09-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone, this was posted over in the autograph forum and I thought it people around here should know about it.
Eric
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Ripken

World Baseball Classic gamers, etc
Not sure if this has been discussed or not but...
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/mlb-to-auction-world-classic-gamers-equipment.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
drkgee

Re: World Baseball Classic gamers, etc
check this out:

http://wbc.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=73614667&prmenbr=60768104&aunbr=73961377

http://wbc.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=73614765&prmenbr=60768104&aunbr=73961475

the jerseys being auctioned do not have front numbers...they wore front numbers during the classic...

09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Ripken

Interesting...
I've contacted MLB Auctions. We'll see what the response is.

09-08-2006, 01:12 PM
drkgee

i too have contacted MLB...i have done so in the past regarding other items and they have not gotten back with me EVER...

we'll see...

kingjammy24
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
the real issue is that mlb.com used the wrong images for the front of the jerseys. they show the correct image for the back, but for the front they seem to have used an image of the prototype rather than the actual jersey being auctioned. here are two images taken directly from the mlb.com wbc auction. i've tweaked the images so you can see what's actually written on the back of each jersey. you can see that the nob is "player" and the number is a 6 (for 2006). they're just using an incorrect image for the front of the jerseys. they're showing the prototype instead of the actual jersey being auctioned which is why the front lacks a number.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/755/wbcjl6.jpg

rudy.

Eric
09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Holy CSI! You nailed it.
Eric

bigtime59
09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
They did the same thing with the Brewers "Cerveceros" jerseys, as well. No front # in the listing photo, but there sure was one on the jersey.

drkgee
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks! i still don't understand why they don't reply to inquiries...

i thought that it might be a situation like picturing a "general" jersey...thanks for clarifying it....

suave1477
09-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Rudy Great Job!!!

Your a regular Law an Order lol lol:D

Eric should call CSI ill call Law and Order they need you!!!:p

dineen6
09-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the all of info in this thread..........Just a question, since drkgee has stated since MLB Auctions don't answer inquiries, if the jersey is shipped and no one signs for it, does MLB Auctions contact you????? I won the Aaron Myette Team Canada Jersey, but unfortunely I won't be home on Thursday to receive it. Any help or customer service phone number would be greatly appreciated...........Thanks.......

trsent
09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the all of info in this thread..........Just a question, since drkgee has stated since MLB Auctions don't answer inquiries, if the jersey is shipped and no one signs for it, does MLB Auctions contact you????? I won the Aaron Myette Team Canada Jersey, but unfortunely I won't be home on Thursday to receive it. Any help or customer service phone number would be greatly appreciated...........Thanks.......

If a signature is required the shipping company will leave a note how to pick up the item. If it does not have a signature required, they may leave the box at your door.

This is how all major shipping companies work (UPS, FedEx, USPS).

bigtime59
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
This is going to be like strippers on the radio...I am going to open my WBC jersey...while writing this email! The box was on my porch when I got home today. Has a large "SIG" notice on it, but I didn't sign for it, and my wife won't even bring packages inside for me anymore. (I think she's hoping they'll get stolen! Too bad we live in a safe neighborhood.) There was a "Second Day Service FRI" tag on the box. BTW, mlb.com isn't using DHL-provided boxes this round. Plain, brown U-Line 12x12x4.
OK, it's out! Super-lightweight (I can see right through it) Mizuno-Pro jersey with standard NPBL tagging, but sewn like many Japanese minor league jerseys I've seen. Rather than two-layer tackle twill, the second layer is embroidered onto the jersey. It's gorgeous stuff!. I'll get pix up tomorrow night. WBC hologram, not MLB. For now, let me say, I overpaid (as usual on mlb.com) but I love this jersey!

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

bigtime59
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey everybody:
I decided to open a new thread about this jersey in the Game Used Memorabilia section.