PDA

View Full Version : Cases for Shoes and Spikes

frikativ54
08-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I've done some research both on this forum and elsewhere, trying to find the right cases for my cleats. I've got a couple of pairs of spikes behind glass already, but I have three pairs that are not. Plus, I am getting another pair.

My question is what are some inexpensive cases that still offer UV protection where I can store my spikes? Note: I'm only looking for free standing cases, as I have no wall space. I want to be able to put these cases on shelves.

I remember one forum member saying he uses football displays. However, where do you get them? My cleats are between sizes 11.5 and 12.5, so they are not big by any stretch of the imagination. I just want to protect them from dust.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik

Shipp_96
08-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey Frik,

How are you doing? The focus of my collection are cleats, so I have found Steiner UV Protected football case works well if the player has smaller feet (like a WR). I fit both of Deon Butler's signed cleats in this case (below).

However, guys like Tambi Hali, who wears a huge shoe, I had a hard time getting just one cleat in a football display case! I have quite a few singles, so with them I can get away with the football case. I just got cases 40% off at Micheals last weekend, so I bought three cases from those. They are REALLY nice looking, not too sturdy and unfortunately not UV protected. But since I keep my collection in the closet until we move, they are fine for now. I will eventually move unsigned items into those cases.

For my pair of Paul "Poz" cleats, I had to actually use a football helmet case, which was the perfect length. It is UV protected, but this is my only pair of unsigned game worn cleats, so it's kind of overkill. The top has alot of room, but luckily they are high top cleats, so it does not look so bad.

I have found alot of guys on ebay sell the Steiner cases dirt cheap, so I would start there.

Hope this helps :)!

JackHE
08-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Couple years ago I found a great display case that was listed for Basketball shoes from a place called Polynex Inc in Fremont CA. Worked perfectly for a pair of football cleats with room to spare. Caseworks also has some to choose from but the Polynex one was perfect.

JackHE
08-17-2011, 07:32 PM
BTW - I don't believe mine is UV protected but by now they might have one that is.

frikativ54
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey Frik,

How are you doing? The focus of my collection are cleats, so I have found Steiner UV Protected football case works well if the player has smaller feet (like a WR). I fit both of Deon Butler's signed cleats in this case (below).

However, guys like Tambi Hali, who wears a huge shoe, I had a hard time getting just one cleat in a football display case! I have quite a few singles, so with them I can get away with the football case. I just got cases 40% off at Micheals last weekend, so I bought three cases from those. They are REALLY nice looking, not too sturdy and unfortunately not UV protected. But since I keep my collection in the closet until we move, they are fine for now. I will eventually move unsigned items into those cases.

For my pair of Paul "Poz" cleats, I had to actually use a football helmet case, which was the perfect length. It is UV protected, but this is my only pair of unsigned game worn cleats, so it's kind of overkill. The top has alot of room, but luckily they are high top cleats, so it does not look so bad.

I have found alot of guys on ebay sell the Steiner cases dirt cheap, so I would start there.

Hope this helps :)!

Hey Shipp,

Doing well. I appreciate the suggestions; we are talking about 11.5 to 12.5 size shoes here. So nothing extremely small and nothing too big. UV protection is a must for me, so I'll have to take that into consideration. I want something where you can fit the pair in comfortably.

Can you tell me about the Steiner cases? Are those football helmet cases? I would rather have a huge case than one where my spikes will be crammed in. Do you know if they fit both shoes of that size? The last thing I want to do is order one and be stuck with it. I appreciate the help a lot. Mainly looking to protect these spikes.

-Frik

Shipp_96
08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey Shipp,
Can you tell me about the Steiner cases? Are those football helmet cases? I would rather have a huge case than one where my spikes will be crammed in. Do you know if they fit both shoes of that size? The last thing I want to do is order one and be stuck with it. I appreciate the help a lot. Mainly looking to protect these spikes.

-Frik

The one I showed a picture of on here is a Steiner football case. I do own a Steiner football helmet case as well, and there is PLENTY of room in there for the cleats. Like I said, it's just tall, but plenty wide and long. Though this is not mine, this is one from a guy I talk to on a Penn State board. As you can see, they have plenty of room and are very nice and sturdy.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6030/5975667079_546b8cd4cb_z.jpg

frikativ54
08-17-2011, 08:51 PM
The one I showed a picture of on here is a Steiner football case. I do own a Steiner football helmet case as well, and there is PLENTY of room in there for the cleats. Like I said, it's just tall, but plenty wide and long. Though this is not mine, this is one from a guy I talk to on a Penn State board. As you can see, they have plenty of room and are very nice and sturdy.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6030/5975667079_546b8cd4cb_z.jpg

Is there a difference between the football case and the football helmet case?

Shipp_96
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Again, not my item, but this is the same case I own below and showed the cleat in. As you can see, no where near as long, wide or tall. This will fit two smaller cleats, but more ideal for a single one.

I would clearly go for the football HELMET case, and you will have no issues with cramped spaces.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6014/5975667545_b42f03172b_z.jpg