X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickeymbz
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

pete rose 7/31/78 gme used uni AMI

attave Miedema.. your thoughts on the pete rose uni on the current AMI auction.. thanks
  • mickeymbz
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Re: pete rose 7/31/78 gme used uni AMI

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

Much is right about it...proper Wilson tag, proper-looking strip tag, correct size...but there have been a recent rash of late 1970s Wilson superstar set 3 jerseys from teams that didn't use set 3s, and, in two instances, had the wrong style Wilson tag (though the one on this is correct). Short of a hands-on inspection and photo comparisons, I can't offer much more...someone who knows if the Reds ever ordered 3 sets in that era would be the final determining factor, although this is the first time I can recall seeing a Reds road set 3 jersey from this era.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• mickeymbz
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
        Much is right about it...proper Wilson tag, proper-looking strip tag, correct size...but there have been a recent rash of late 1970s Wilson superstar set 3 jerseys from teams that didn't use set 3s, and, in two instances, had the wrong style Wilson tag (though the one on this is correct). Short of a hands-on inspection and photo comparisons, I can't offer much more...someone who knows if the Reds ever ordered 3 sets in that era would be the final determining factor, although this is the first time I can recall seeing a Reds road set 3 jersey from this era.

Dave Miedema
        thanks dave

Comment

• SSB15
          • Nov 2005

This is the first Set 3 Road I have seen...However, I will look through my photos of Reds uniforms to confirm...

Comment

• tacprc
            • Apr 2008

fyi, I own a Pete Rose 1978 Reds road jersey tagged 78 1.

Comment

• mickeymbz
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tacprc
              fyi, I own a Pete Rose 1978 Reds road jersey tagged 78 1.
              hey tacprc... can you posts detailed pics of your jersey. are u selling thanks

Comment

• tacprc
                • Apr 2008

I don't have access to my jersey right now, and won't until mid September.

Based on the notes to which I do have access, my jersey matches the AMI jersey in terms of size and the tag locations.

Note: Based on my reading of the auction listing, there is nothing which ties this particular uniform to July 31st 1978 or even the 44-game hitting streak. I can see Pete writing this jersey's inscription merely because someone asked/paid him to.

Comment

Working...