PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this Prince Fielder bat I used to own/now on Ebay

BrewCrewSackers
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330603110966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

When I owned it, it didn't have all that black crap on it. I'd say use was added to it. I just sold it in June.

SkubeBats
08-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Do you have pictures of the bat when you owned it. Was the bat cracked when you owned it? Did the bat show any use when you had it?

BrewCrewSackers
08-24-2011, 12:34 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290569762844

here

It looks like the person tried to erase the black marker that blacked out rw23 for rickie weeks for some reason.

flota89
08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Was that the seller you sold it to? They are autograph hunters in the STL area and have commonly been (attempting to) selling items for much more than team stores even charge. But for some reason they completely deny the eBay store in person. I asked him about an item he had for sale to get a clueless response when I know for a fact he had the item. Then they recently went to private listings. VERY sketchy seller.

Tim+Jeff
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
All, I bought the bat in question off eBay in May of this year. BrewCrewSackers is your name: Steve SimonLa Crosse, WI 54603 United States

This is who I bought the bat off of. See listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290569762844

Not to blow up any conspiracy theories but the bat came to me exactly as pictured. The only difference is I had Prince Fielder sign it after the game. Send me pictures of when you owned it, I would like to see. I do not believe this is the same bat...take care!

Tim+Jeff
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
All, I bought the bat in question off eBay in May of this year. BrewCrewSackers is your name: Steve SimonLa Crosse, WI 54603 United States

This is who I bought the bat off of. See listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290569762844

Not to blow up any conspiracy theories but the bat came to me exactly as pictured. The only difference is I had Prince Fielder sign it after the game. Send me pictures of when you owned it, I would like to see. I do not believe this is the same bat...take care!

Also, why is someone a sketchy seller when they want keep their business private? Further, most people do sell items for more than the team store charges...would you sell it for less? I keep and sell items...this is the only way I can afford the hobby. Not trying to start a fight but hate beeing accused of something I did not do!!

flota89
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM
There just seems to be some clear differences in the two bats, but you can also tell they are the same bat. The sharpie appears to have been attempted to be erased.

Tim+Jeff
08-26-2011, 06:37 AM
The sharpie was never erased as this was how I received the bat. To me the photo from the original seller was not done in a lighted room. The bat is in original condition from when I bought and nothing has been altered from this end. I can't help that the photos the guy originally took were in a non lighted room or at an angle. Later....

BrewCrewSackers
08-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I could be wrong. Sorry guys.

BrewCrewSackers
08-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Maybe it just got dirty. I don't see the point in posting my personal info either.

Tim+Jeff
08-26-2011, 08:17 AM

No big deal...although being called sketchy was interesting. I have to pull the listing this Sunday because I am traveling with the military off and on for the next three weeks. The Brewers are doing great and I hope they do not lose in the first round of the playoffs like the Reds did last year. Phillies and Braves will be tough. Sorry about the personal info...won't do it agian. Can I retract it?

Tim+Jeff
08-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe it just got dirty. I don't see the point in posting my personal info either.

I sent an email to the site to remove the personal info. Sorry about that!

flota89
08-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope it was wrong as well. Sorry for questioning if it was wrong, but I think you can understand the questioning of it.

Tim+Jeff
08-26-2011, 01:07 PM
No problem...I ended the listing today as I am going out of town Sunday and will not be able to mail the bat if it were to sell. I have no issue with keeping people honest; especially after seeing some of the stuff sold on eBay.