PDA

View Full Version : I Challenge You!!

ChrisCavalier
09-12-2006, 09:08 PM
As I have mentioned many times already, Game Used Universe was created by collectors, for collectors. Right now you have an opportunity to help your fellow collector. Game Used Universe has spent a great deal of time and money laying the groundwork to create a jersey database that can be used by members to do their own research. While the jersey database has the potential to help collectors in a big way, it is now up to you.

At Game Used Universe, our complimentary membership provides a lot to our members without them having to pay a dime. While we are glad to give everything we can, we are hoping others will follow this example and join us in an effort to help the collecting community as much as possible. I believe the entire universe operates under the laws of giving and receiving. That is, I do not believe it is appropriate to expect to receive without giving something as well. For those of you who have received from fellow members, here is your chance to give something back. Very simply, all you need to do is take a little time to submit your jersey images on the site and help create a database for everyone to use. In the process, you will have the chance to win some great prizes as well as Game Used Universe Premium Membership benefits. More importantly, you will play your part in an effort to help your fellow collector.

In the movie "National Treasure" there was a great line spoken by Nicholas Cage. In that movie, Cage's character stood in front of the Declaration of Independence and quoted from it. When asked what the quote meant, Cage answered that the men who wrote the Declaration understood that "When there is something wrong, those that have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action." Well, time and time again I have heard stories of "suspect" items that are being sold to unsuspecting collectors. Here is your chance to make a difference. By submitting your images into the jersey database, you can help the collecting community protect itself from one of the biggest problems in the marketplace.

I challenge you to help your fellow collector. If you have the ability to take action, please take action. Here is your chance. If you want to help your fellow collector, here is a link the jersey database where you can submit your images and help make this hobby a better place for everyone:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/tags/index.php (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/tags/index.php)?

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

RobSteinmetz
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Forum Members,

None of us should need to be sold on the idea of contributing to this jersey database effort. I'm certain almost all of this site's 1,000 members have benefited from at least one thread while visiting the forum. Dozens more have benefited from the bat record pages, free advice from veteran collectors, and the ability to buy and sell items in the forum at no cost whatsoever.

Every single day we see threads in this forum pointing out the mistakes of authenticators, auction houses, and eBay sellers. There's only one way we'll "clean up" the hobby...and that is by informing collectors. There is a TREMENDOUS amount of knowledge and information to be shared. Dig out your digital cameras and/or browse through your hard drives...we need photos of YOUR jerseys!

As a jersey collector, I'm confident in the fact that a jersey tagging database of this nature will be a tremendous asset to the hobby. Let's all take the time to upload a few images to make this database a reality - and a resource we'll ALL benefit from. It's time to give back to a site that has given us all so much.

both-teams-played-hard
09-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Chris
I have tried a few times to download jersey/tag photos from my collection. However, I have had NO luck (very, very slow or not at all). I have a Mac and use internet explorer. Over the past few weeks, internet explorer has tried to "weed" out Mac users (Mac vs. Microsoft monopoly thing). I am in the process of updating my operating system. I have no problems downloading photos with eBay, my website, imageshack, etc. I truly want to contribute to GUU's tag database.
In the meantime, I can email tag photos to someone who wants to help or they can be taken from my website directly (both-teams-played-hard.com).
Other users may have encountered the same problem!
GOOD LUCK!
Warren

ChrisCavalier
09-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Chris
I have tried a few times to download jersey/tag photos from my collection. However, I have had NO luck (very, very slow or not at all). I have a Mac and use internet explorer. Over the past few weeks, internet explorer has tried to "weed" out Mac users (Mac vs. Microsoft monopoly thing). I am in the process of updating my operating system. I have no problems downloading photos with eBay, my website, imageshack, etc. I truly want to contribute to GUU's tag database.
In the meantime, I can email tag photos to someone who wants to help or they can be taken from my website directly (both-teams-played-hard.com).
Other users may have encountered the same problem!
GOOD LUCK!
Warren
Hello Warren,

Thanks for the post. Just to confirm, since I may have initially misunderstood the issue, are you having problems "uploading" images on the GUU site or "downloading" them from some other source. If the issue is "uploading" them to GUU we can certainly try to arrange a process to help out in that regard.

Please let me know exactly what the issue is and we will try to come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris

RKGIBSON
10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
I just posted about 9 jerseys and I'll have to say after I got a little help, to show me how to transfer pictures into a file, it is set up very well and works great. I know enough about a computer to just be dangerous, only simple things. My son spent about 5 minutes showing me.

I thought you were only doing tags. I did not know you were creating a database to look at jerseys. Did not figure out how to look at the jerseys of the player that were listed in the drop column though.

I only sent jerseys that I have team, NFL or know the exact origin of. I did not photo the team documents, like 49er certs. Should we do that?

Roger