PDA

View Full Version : Braves to wear new patch beginning today

kylehess10
08-21-2011, 11:32 AM
This was just posted on Twitter by the Braves....this will be worn starting today and for the rest of the season..

http://i52.tinypic.com/5mlkqq.jpg

hiramman
08-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Saw the patches today in person at the game and was very dissappointed in how they looked. That is supposed to be a baseball glove behind the microphone. If I hadn't been told what it was & had a close up picture of the patch (Thanks for the photo Kyle) I would have had no idea on earth what the big blue blob was. Honestly, it looks like someone took a couple of images out of clip art, stuck them on top of each other, typed ERNIE on top and sent it off to some patch manufacturer.

It took 9 days to get the patches made and get them on the team's jerseys. I assumed (wrong of course) that a class organization like the Atlanta Braves could have contacted some local graphic artists that could have come up with something a little more original and creative for one of the team's legendary announcers. Granted he was only a member of the 1957 World Series Champion Milwaukee Braves (hence the sad looking glove on the patch), announcer for Braves radio and television for 37 years (hence the microphone) and inducted into the Braves Hall of Fame in 2001.

Maybe someone should have contacted the Cubs to see who worked on their Haray Caray patch. It's just ashamed that this is the best the Braves could come up with.

lakeerie92
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
They showed up great on TV, which was probably the idea. Millions watch the broadcast compared to the 10s of thousands who attend the game.