PDA

View Full Version : mota/tar variance generally and regarding Joey Votto

dplettn
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I noticed that during today's game, Joey Votto appeared to have very little (if any) mota/tar on his bat handle. And, the bat appeared to have a decent bit of wear. The general use made me through out the theory that the mota/tar just wasn't apparent because the bat had barely been touched yet.

I noticed because I have one of his '08 bats, which similarly has a good bit of use, but little mota/tar on the handle.

Is the variance somewhat common among all players depending on some factor (humidity, player mood, etc?), or can anyone enlighten me as to why the variance is there with Votto in particular?

Thanks, as always, for the wisdom common to the board.

dplettn
08-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Sorry for using the wrong word ("through" should have been "throw") in my posting dialogue. Also, the date of the game noticed is Aug 21, 2011 for anyone that might look at MLBTV before offering wisdon.

To repeat my request for expert insight:

I noticed that during today's game (Aug 21, 2011), Joey Votto appeared to have very little (if any) mota/tar on his bat handle. And, the bat appeared to have a decent bit of wear. The general use on the bat shown today on TV during ABs made me throw out a theory that the mota/tar just wasn't apparent because the bat had barely been used for any ABs.

I noticed because I have one of his '08 bats, which similarly has a good bit of use, but little mota/tar on the handle.

Is the variance somewhat common among all players depending on some factor (humidity, player mood, etc?), or can anyone enlighten me as to why the variance is there with Votto in particular?

Thanks, as always, for the wisdom common to the board. Thank you all for any wisdom that can be shared.