PDA

View Full Version : Bierbrauer jerseys

Hitman Hart
08-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Did anyone else here get in on the initial offering of the Brewers German heritage jerseys? I got the email with the availability spreadsheet yesterday and placed my order for the Corey Hart. He went 0-1, but it's such a unique item that it is worth it. Getty doesn't have any photos to match it against, though.

Share which items you purchased, if any.

hrvatwill
08-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Darn, I was hoping to see those jerseys hit MLB Auctions so I could pick one up. The Pirates have put theirs up for auction, but they are not nearly as neat as the Brewers' ones since the Pirates basically only had to change one letter in their nickname to make it German ("Piraten").

Hitman Hart
08-24-2011, 09:21 PM
My understanding is that whatever is not purchased will end up on the auction site or in the team store. If there is anything you want you should email Renee at the Brewers.

hrvatwill
08-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Can you give me her e-mail please....

Trublubrucru
08-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Renee.Krebs@brewers.com

Awesome service

hrvatwill
08-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Renee.Krebs@brewers.com

Awesome service

Thanks. She responded to my email right away saying that she would put together a list for me as to what was available. Haven't received it yet, but I'm sure it will be forthcoming.

Trublubrucru
08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I was lucky and picked up two of the jerseys. On Saturday the stars aligned and I was able to get them both autographed. Kotsay was at a packed signing with Nyjer about a mile from my house. I then ran across town to a car dealer to get Lucroy's auto'd, surprisingly we were the only ones there.

hrvatwill
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I was lucky and picked up two of the jerseys. On Saturday the stars aligned and I was able to get them both autographed. Kotsay was at a packed signing with Nyjer about a mile from my house. I then ran across town to a car dealer to get Lucroy's auto'd, surprisingly we were the only ones there.

Awesome story. I got the list yesterday and ordered the Ryan Braun jersey. Hope you Brewers fans don't mind it going to a Pirate fan. I'm bidding on a "Piraten" one which is on MLB Auctions and plan to make a joint German Heritage Day display with the two jerseys.

The reason why I am so attracted to the idea is that I used to live in Germany and speak the language. So when I turned the T.V. on on the 14th and saw the German motif, I was like, "I just gotta have one of each of those jerseys".

Hitman Hart
08-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Those two look awesome. Can't wait for my Hart to get here.

slab0meat
08-31-2011, 08:55 AM
On a side note with those Pirates jerseys on the MLB Auction site, is there any way to see the size of the jersey? Don't see that listed anywhere.

dnrapp
08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
On a side note with those Pirates jerseys on the MLB Auction site, is there any way to see the size of the jersey? Don't see that listed anywhere.

I was wondering the same thing. I ended up going to the Pirates site and looking at the players page. You can somewhat figure out the size by looking at the players hight and weight.

dnrapp
08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I also just noticed that there are some Bierbrauer jerseys now up on MLB auctions

slab0meat
09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I noticed that earlier yesterday also. I emailed customer service asking if there was any way to find out the sizes.

hrvatwill
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I noticed that earlier yesterday also. I emailed customer service asking if there was any way to find out the sizes.

I have the sizes listed in an e-mail from the Brewers game used store. If you identify a player or players for whom you want to know the sizes, I will post them here. Alternatively, you can e-mail me at hrvatwill@aol.com and I'll forward you the email with the sizes.

hrvatwill
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Ryan Braun Game Used German Heritage Day Jersey

Hitman Hart
09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Dang, that Braun is sweet. Can't believe my Hart hasn't arrived yet.

hrvatwill
09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Dang, that Braun is sweet. Can't believe my Hart hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks. That surprises me that it hasn't arrived yet as mine got here ultra fast, i.e., Renee sent it out the same day I ordered.

Hitman Hart
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
What company delivered it, if I may ask?

zookerman182
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
LOVE these jerseys.

Wish they would wear them for more than 1 game.

That braun is sick.

hrvatwill
09-03-2011, 07:49 AM
What company delivered it, if I may ask?

Fedex. Renee gave me the tracking number as soon as it was sent.

Hitman Hart
09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Man, oh man. My payment had cleared, but she didn't contact me with a tracking number. Should I be worried? I live in Wisconsin, shouldn't it have arrived by now?

hrvatwill
09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Man, oh man. My payment had cleared, but she didn't contact me with a tracking number. Should I be worried? I live in Wisconsin, shouldn't it have arrived by now?

I would shoot Renee a quick email and inquire as to the shipping status, tracking number, etc...she's really very pleasant to deal with.

jjkraner
09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
How much where these jerseys

Hitman Hart
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Enough that I'm freaking out about not having seen mine yet. There have been problems with mail thieves in my area before, both courier and non-courier related.

brewcrew
09-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Give Renee a call first thing Tuesday morning. The last time I placed an order with them, she processed my credit card the same day but it still took a week or so to arrive. I can't remember if I had to sign for the package or not, but I want to say that I did.

Hitman Hart
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
That's my plan. I'm just not someone who likes to call and bug people, but at this point I think I may need to.

Trublubrucru
09-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Unbelievably, she is only a part time employee. She is the best go to person the Brewers have ever had. I can't figure out why she isn't full time, and it would be nice if she was there before home games, but she is usually gone before the gates open. If the Brewers were smart, they would expand her hours.

Hitman Hart
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Just a brief update:

as of now the package is missing. Fedex shows it as having been delivered on august 31st. This is not the case as the package never arrived at my home. Renee has filed a claim with fed ex. Right now we're hoping that the package turns up in the warehouse. I am not hopeful right now and I fear that the package may have been stolen by fedex employees.

zookerman182
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
this is something i dont want to hear

since in patiently awaiting an item from her that was shipped fed-ex.

slab0meat
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Got a Bier jersey from the MLB auction that ended this afternoon.. very nice. Hopefully it arrives quickly.

Hitman Hart
09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Update:

The package is, as of this moment, considered stolen by the driver and the police have been notified. The driver's story changed five times, fed ex is currently investigating the situation, but I have no hope of ever seeing my jersey.

cmlsr5
09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh no, serious? The driver took the Hart Bierbrauer jersey? I hope the police can locate it for you. Dang!!!

Hitman Hart
09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
This is likely the final update.

Fed ex is investigating the driver and insurance will repay the money spent, so I am not out money and a jersey. I have filed a police report and Renee reported it to mlb authenticators so if the jersey ever shows up it will be seized. Most likely it will be destroyed and never seen again.

If anyone ever sees it, please let me know.

frikativ54
09-08-2011, 04:55 PM
This is likely the final update.

Fed ex is investigating the driver and insurance will repay the money spent, so I am not out money and a jersey. I have filed a police report and Renee reported it to mlb authenticators so if the jersey ever shows up it will be seized. Most likely it will be destroyed and never seen again.

If anyone ever sees it, please let me know.

So sorry to hear this. It's tough those times we lose out on stuff because of the greed and low character of others. I know it's especially difficult because of the one-of-a-kind nature of your shirt. I hope that in time you will be able to find other items that mean just as much to you. Hang in there, man! :)

zookerman182
09-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I really hope something good comes of all of this. And that one day you are able to get the jersey that you paid for. But if none of this happens, just remember there are more important things in life than game used items. I think so far you have handled everything brilliantly. And if i ever see it i will tell you right away.

Hitman Hart
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words. The thing about this jersey is that it's a reminder of the more important things; my withe bought it for me as an anniversary gift. In the meantime I'll keep looking for another Hart jersey, but it won't carry the same cache.

slab0meat
09-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Very sorry about your situation. Luckily, mine showed today (as posted in Sept. pickups also)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6159/6134438180_548d294a53.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6198/6133890083_67907bb6e0.jpg

dnrapp
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
My Bierbrauer jersey arrived yesterday. I also picked up a Piraten jersey from the same game.

MLB~NUT
09-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words. The thing about this jersey is that it's a reminder of the more important things; my withe bought it for me as an anniversary gift. In the meantime I'll keep looking for another Hart jersey, but it won't carry the same cache.

Man, Hitman that BLOWS,sorry to hear that, its a shame someone with a good job is so dishonest as to steal items from people(How Petty)