• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Superstar Jersey Wear

Forum Readers-
    I was just reading part of a Lampson LOA for a Jeter Yankees game worn jersey on Ebay.

I find the following line to be extremely interesting, "Technically, the jersey appears to be correct in all facets, has no alterations and shows light but consistent wear, which is apropo for a superstar jersey of Jeter's magnitude"

I've had quite a few jerseys in my days, both superstar, commons and coaches. what I usually find with superstar jerseys is that they show the same or even more wear than the scrubs, commons and coaches.

Unless I'm mistaken, Jeter was not known to order extra jerseys, nor did the Yankees sell extra jerseys. As such, what is this "wear" statement based on and why would it not show wear as compared to other Yankees home jerseys from this same season?

The link is attached:

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Superstar Jersey Wear

Originally posted by hblakewolf
    Forum Readers-
    I was just reading part of a Lampson LOA for a Jeter Yankees game worn jersey on Ebay.

I find the following line to be extremely interesting, "Technically, the jersey appears to be correct in all facets, has no alterations and shows light but consistent wear, which is apropo for a superstar jersey of Jeter's magnitude"

I've had quite a few jerseys in my days, both superstar, commons and coaches. what I usually find with superstar jerseys is that they show the same or even more wear than the scrubs, commons and coaches.

Unless I'm mistaken, Jeter was not known to order extra jerseys, nor did the Yankees sell extra jerseys. As such, what is this "wear" statement based on and why would it not show wear as compared to other Yankees home jerseys from this same season?

The link is attached:

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Too bad Lou doesn't have a phone number or email address so the public can contact him and ask him questions such as the one Howard has made above.

What good is a LOA if there is no contact information of the authenticator available?

Comment

• stkmtimo
      • Nov 2005

Has Lou Lampson ever gotten anything right? I'm not saying he's wrong here but it just seems like he's wrong a whole lot more than he is right.

Tim

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by stkmtimo
        Has Lou Lampson ever gotten anything right? I'm not saying he's wrong here but it just seems like he's wrong a whole lot more than he is right.

Tim
        Tim, here is the problem.

We do not know how many items Lou has written LOAs for. I bet he has gotten many more right than wrong over the years. The Derek Jeter jersey in this thread may be good, but that is not the issue here. The issue is that Lou gave his reasoning and there is no way to contact him to ask how he used a reasoning that an interested party, Howard Wolf, has concern about why his determination was based on a theory that appears backyards to Howard.

From what I have heard, Lou is the best on vintage NFL jerseys. Beyond that is anyone's guess. I'd theory that the users of this forum find issues with items and discuss it, but when an item is good that Lou has written a letter for you never hear about it.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Didn't The Lampson adopt a new grading scale like MEARS? 5, 6, 8, 5.5, 7.5 and so on? Correct me if I am wrong.

Was The Lampson at the 2000 National in Anaheim? Does anyone know for sure? I could not find him in Anaheim at this summer's National. I looked.

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
            Didn't The Lampson adopt a new grading scale like MEARS? 5, 6, 8, 5.5, 7.5 and so on? Correct me if I am wrong.

Was The Lampson at the 2000 National in Anaheim? Does anyone know for sure? I could not find him in Anaheim at this summer's National. I looked.
            You should have checked the AMI booth, I hear he is often found there.

Yes, Lou now has a grading system. I believe details are soon to be released on his web site.

Comment

• stkmtimo
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
              Tim, here is the problem.

We do not know how many items Lou has written LOAs for. I bet he has gotten many more right than wrong over the years. The Derek Jeter jersey in this thread may be good, but that is not the issue here. The issue is that Lou gave his reasoning and there is no way to contact him to ask how he used a reasoning that an interested party, Howard Wolf, has concern about why his determination was based on a theory that appears backyards to Howard.

From what I have heard, Lou is the best on vintage NFL jerseys. Beyond that is anyone's guess. I'd theory that the users of this forum find issues with items and discuss it, but when an item is good that Lou has written a letter for you never hear about it.
              Joel,

Good points. We all are interested when Lampson makes a mistake or says something curious (like Howard brought up) and I know many people would love to question him. I am especially interested in that Green St. Patrick's Day Ripken jersey that he wrote the letter for but as you said, how can someone even contact him if he doesn't have his contact information available anywhere?

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but does 100% Authentic have his contact information? Maybe someone can go that route to attempt to establish contact with Lou. To be honest, I've never even heard of anyone talking to him personally. Has anyone here met him?

Tim

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
                You should have checked the AMI booth, I hear he is often found there.

Yes, Lou now has a grading system. I believe details are soon to be released on his web site.
                A website, but no e-mail. Sounds about right.

Comment

• Jake51
                  • Jan 2006

A link to Lou's picture.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                    • Nov 2005

people never seem to look like what you expect. why did i imagine lou looking more like this? (i know, i know, i watch too much tv).

rudy.

Comment

• sportscentury
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jake51
                      Jake and others,

I noticed that, in the bottom left corner of Lou's website, there is an address for 100% Authentic:

100% Authentic, Inc.
                      7500 W. Lake Mead Blvd #9-308
                      Las Vegas, NV 89128
                      At first, I thought... well, at least that is a way to contact Lou and his company. But, then I realized that this is the address for American Memorabilia. Does American Memorabilia own 100% Authentic? If so, how can Lou Lampson and 100% Authentic be considered a third-party authenticator? Just curious.

- - - - - -

Rudy,

You've outdone yourself with this one. Classic!

- - - - - -

Dave/CollectGU,

Please note that I am waiting for your usual retaliatory response. I apologize, in advance, for simply asking questions about your friends at AMI/100% Authentic. Time to unleash your fury!

Reid
                      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• Jake51
                        • Jan 2006

Hi Reid - I don't know, I just found this doing a search on Lou. Also, I second your post on Rudy's work - fantastic!

Comment

• stkmtimo
                          • Nov 2005

Rudy,

That's hilarious! The St. Patrick's Day Ripken makes an appearance!

Tim

Comment

• kingjammy24
                            • Nov 2005

i too am a little confused regarding the relationship between AMI and 100% Authentic.

here is the internet domain information for 100PERCENTAUTHENTIC.COM:

Organization:
                            ami
                            kieta kieta
                            8301 aqua spray
                            las vegas, NV 89128
                            US
                            Phone: 702-243-7822
                            Email: ami21@lvcm.com

Administrative Contact:
                            ami
                            kieta kieta
                            8301 aqua spray
                            las vegas, NV 89128
                            US
                            Phone: 702-243-7822
                            Email: kieta@americanmemorabilia.com

here are the servers for 100percentauthentic.com:

NS1.CAMSI.COM 216.133.66.136
                            NS2.CAMSI.COM 216.133.66.199

here are the servers for americanmemorabilia.com:

NS1.CAMSI.COM 216.133.66.136
                            NS2.CAMSI.COM 216.133.66.199

is 100% Authentic a division of AMI?

is Denny Esken no longer with 100% Authentic?

rudy.

Comment

• worldchamps
                              • Dec 2005

Is there a chance he does not exist? Or that it is an alias? There is no way someone could be involved this heavily in this hobby and no one have any contact with the guy. Wouldn't you think he has an ebay account. Wouldn't you think he looks at this web site. If my name was dragged through the mud, I sure would want to know who and why.

Surely someone who caries some weight albeit spends money with or supplies with memorabilia can lean on one of these auction houses and get a message to this guy?

Am I right?

Bill......or am I "Lou"..... ha ha ha
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...