PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins jersey experts chime in please.

Dolphins23
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey guys just wondering what year did the phins officaly cange there navy 3d border gerth? I'm pretty sure it was 07 but not 100%

I just got a Chris Chambers 07 gamer and Pennington 09 gamer and need to know what year they actually switched to the thinner boarder.

My 03 fiedlers have the thick border as well as my 99 Druckenmiller. I'll post pictures for those of you who don't understand the question. But chances are some of you will. Thanks guys!

gingi79
08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
I love sounding like I know everything, so I did the research for you. 2006,07,08,09 in order.I am also going to point you to www.gettyimages.com (http://www.gettyimages.com) so you can see more examples and also so you can find photos for matching your items. Cheers!

Dolphins23
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
thanks bud yeah I use getty all the time to photo match, I even used getty today to photo match my Penni and chambers and found em!

Sucks because I wanted to add 05 patch to my chambers but the number font is that of 07 and would look way to innacurate

if you look up chris chambers 2005 in getty you will see the number font is the thick blocky looking numbers, not the small cool thin border font. : ( sucks cause I really want to add this patch, I might do it anyway. Cause its only a year off and it looks like the patch was on the jersey originaly becasue there is an outline of the 40th patch on my jersey which is pretty cool!

gingi79
08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I am not someone who comments on what people do with their things so when I say this, it is simply the facts versus my opinions.

Adding or removing things such as patches to a jersey or stickers to a helmet, whether it was there before or not, depreciates the value of an item. Keeping it forever or not, you are free to do as you please as it is yours but many collectors will remember you feel this way and if you ever sell any item, it will be questioned and suspect.

Additionally, the overwhelming majority of jerseys with things added are done by people attempting to increase their re-sale value. In the hobby, doing so is not seen as acceptable but rather casts a shadow over your items.

As I said, it's yours and you can do as you please. Just know other collectors will be appalled and may choose not to deal with you because of it.

Dolphins23
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah I understand all that, but its going up on my wall in a frame. I'm not one to tampare with game worns or issued but finding 2005 phin gamers is nearly impossible. I doubt I'll have the balls to add the patch because I myself hate tampered game items. It was just a thought. Plus it won't look right with the number fonts anyway.

masp3392
08-25-2011, 07:43 PM
which one do you like better?

i like the smaller girth.

im a dolphin fan and ive yet to own a dolphin gamer. I had the chance to own a jake long 2010 gamer @ the vikings where he matched up with jared allen the whole night for a cheap price, and i didnt take it.

biggest idiot move of my collecting career

BrianK
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Let me get this straight, your Chris Chambers 07 gamer has the outline of a patch from 05? That would mean the team changed the numbers. Seems odd. Maybe it would be fun to see the pics.

BU54CB
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Can you post some pics of the jersey, I haven't heard of teams changing out numbers, at least recently. I know patches are added and removed, but never heard of numbers.

masp3392
08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
yo dolphins23

i tried sending you a message about a jake long jersey but your messages are disabled.

send me a email or something so i can hit you up on a question i have

brian

Dolphins23
08-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Let me get this straight, your Chris Chambers 07 gamer has the outline of a patch from 05? That would mean the team changed the numbers. Seems odd. Maybe it would be fun to see the pics.

my email is southwestrep808@yahoo.com masp hit me up brudaa

masp3392
08-26-2011, 12:19 AM
email sent, thanks brotha

BU54CB
08-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Guess there are no photos, too bad.

Dolphins23
08-26-2011, 12:26 PM
no I'm going to post them today for you guys. The numbers weren't changed and there is no patch out line. It just looked like there was through the photos. Sorry to let you guys down. I will post pictures though