PDA

View Full Version : Received My Devil Ray (TBTC-Tampa Tarpons) helmets today !!

camarokids
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi , I picked up my helmets today :). Heres a pic of my Julio Lugo, Greg Norton and Josh Paul helmets . The Lugo shows nice use , has pine tar , you can see imprints of his batting gloves throughout the brim and ear hole area !

allstarsplus
09-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Nice pickups! Those glowing Nike running shoes behind the helmets are cool too!

momen55
09-13-2006, 05:23 PM
cool stuff. do you live in the tampa area? did you get charged for shipping? :confused:

camarokids
09-13-2006, 05:27 PM
On a good day I can drive to the Trop in 7 to 8 minutes , today it was raining took about 12 minutes . No pick up fee either . It was wierd being inside the stadium and it was all quiet (just inside gate 1 is guest services).

momen55
09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
do your helmets have an mlb logo sticker in back? mine don't and i tend to believe that they were not used!

camarokids
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
All of the helmets I saw had the MLB Players logo on the back underneath the players number ....

camarokids
09-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Zac's trying one on size.....

momen55
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
i bought 2 flapless catchers helmets and neither have the mlb logo? they have the player's number on the bill but no logo. the toby hall shows use but the other does not. :mad:

camarokids
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi , here's a pic of the backs , maybe the flapless helmets are for catchers to use while catching ? Maybe that is why yours don't have the MLB logo ? Does anyone know ??????????

indyred
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Nice pictures. I really like it when they go all out and even make the helmets throwback in these type of games. Not sure on the catchers helmets, but that probally is why they don't have the MLB decal on them.

possum
09-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I got my Scott Thorman Braves jersey today and its really sharp. Not much wear, but that's to be expected from a 1 gamer used in a dome. My LOA was shoved in the bottom of the box though. I guess the box got crunched in transit and the LOA is torn to pieces. Left a message down there, hopefully they can replace it.

camarokids
09-14-2006, 08:56 PM
can you post a picture of your Braves jerseys . I'd like to see it . I really like the Braves jerseys . The Braves were my favorite team for years till the Devil Rays came to town . It didn't hurt that they were the only team on TV in the 70's in Florida , before cable brought us Turner Network and the Braves we had 4 channels , ABC , CBS , NBC and 44 ( a local ). Boy watching the 1995 World Series was so fricking stressful , the Braves almost didn't win it . Then watching them lose the 1996 Series was heart breaking :eek:.

jake33
09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
if anyone is interested I have the Rays vs. braves throwback game 6/24/06 game ON dvd

email jahimiak33@yahoo.com

possum
09-15-2006, 07:48 PM
can you post a picture of your Braves jerseys . I'd like to see it . I really like the Braves jerseys . The Braves were my favorite team for years till the Devil Rays came to town . It didn't hurt that they were the only team on TV in the 70's in Florida , before cable brought us Turner Network and the Braves we had 4 channels , ABC , CBS , NBC and 44 ( a local ). Boy watching the 1995 World Series was so fricking stressful , the Braves almost didn't win it . Then watching them lose the 1996 Series was heart breaking :eek:.
Yeah give me a day or 2 to find my camera and shoot a picture of it. I was born in the late 70s, but I grew up watching them here in Charlotte and in Texas. There's no team like them, for sure.

jake33
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I got all my D-Rays tarpons jersye today, AWESOME JERSEYS! very thin material compared to their current gamers, my Baldelli wasn't laundered and it has a pretty good funk to it...

I cannot stand those holograms on the jerseys, so I took them off and put the stickers on the COA's

I love that the in the COA the Rays wrote that the jerseys, stats that anything purchased can be deducted on your taxes, I just sent over all my receipts to my accountant this morning.

The Branyan is HUGE.... i wish the tagging was better, I know some have extra sleeve length and body length but there is no notation, the 0062 tagging is also on the jersey, I wish these were the rays regualr jerseys...

possum
09-21-2006, 08:48 PM
My camera appears to be hiding right now. As soon as I find it, I'll post a few shots of the Thorman Braves.

possum
09-26-2006, 01:50 PM

Here you go bud.

camarokids
09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
thanks for posting the picture , looks nice!!!

camarokids
06-17-2007, 02:12 PM
i bought 2 flapless catchers helmets and neither have the mlb logo? they have the player's number on the bill but no logo. the toby hall shows use but the other does not. :mad:

Are you going after any batting helmets this year ?

I want to try and get at least one ....

zonker
06-17-2007, 04:59 PM
hey camarokids don't you collect the x-bat's and if so would you be interested in a jason giambi x-bat for 250.00 + shipping if so email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com it's a pro maple 34, model 17, 25 on the knob show's great use with tar ball mark's, rack mark's and is 34" and weigh's 32 oz which is written in the cupped part of the head. it's a yankee gamer! lmk

camarokids
06-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi Zonkers, thank you for the offer . But I collect mainly Devil Rays game used bats and fielding gloves . Along w/ Team signed baseballs ! Any devil rays stuff ?