PDA

View Full Version : Reds $100 Bat "Sale" @ Team Store

rdeversole
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
The Reds put out 2 barrels worth of game used bats at $100 this week. I saw a few older bats and some new. Some of the newer are hologramed but I don't think any of the older ones were.

Here's what I saw still available today:

Paul Janish - TONS, as expected - there's a nice heavily used Old Hickory
Juan Francisco - 1 LVS and 2 Pro Stock BP LVS
Kris Negron - 2 LVS
Corky Miller - 4-5 Blonde LVS all good examples
Chad Moeller - 1 LVS
Jeremy Hermida - 2-3 Marucci
Andy Phillips
Chris Dickerson - 2009 125th Anniversay Blonde LVS
Gary Majewski - Rawlings, was funny seeing that one in there
Orlando Cabrera - LVS with heavy tar
Willie Bloomquist 1-2 LVS

There were probably a few more stragglers in there but that's all I can recall. They also had a ton of GU baseballs out from recent series in July/Aug @ $25 each.

camarokids
08-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Obviously the bats were not moving at their crazy asking prices. Plus the Reds are almost guaranteed to NOT make the playoff's.

rdeversole
08-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly - although $100 for most of those is pretty steep. Most of the other bats have been sitting in there since July or before.

camarokids
08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
I was going to say the same thing about $100.00 being too much.

Did they have a better selection of batting helmets? Did they lower the prices?

Last time I was there was in early July for the Reds vs. Cubs. There was a guy who bought a full size Louisville Slugger Commemorative bat signed by Drew Stubbs for freaking $200.00. I told him it was not game used, I said you can get a game used bat for that amount. He was all oblivious to what I was saying. I was just thinking to myself, what a dumb ass, you will be in for a shock when you try to re-sell it.

mlbforeverhomer
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I will take the OC bat

ncbadges
08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Sent you an email about helping me with a Negron.

ncb

chakes89
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Sent you an email about helping me with a Negron.

ncb

Email sent

rdeversole
08-26-2011, 07:14 PM
I was going to say the same thing about $100.00 being too much.

Did they have a better selection of batting helmets? Did they lower the prices?

Last time I was there was in early July for the Reds vs. Cubs. There was a guy who bought a full size Louisville Slugger Commemorative bat signed by Drew Stubbs for freaking $200.00. I told him it was not game used, I said you can get a game used bat for that amount. He was all oblivious to what I was saying. I was just thinking to myself, what a dumb ass, you will be in for a shock when you try to re-sell it.

Hey Dave - They reduced the prices on the stockpile they had of helmets a month or two ago and they all sold quickly. The only helmet they have in there now is a Hernandez with great use for $300. The one I recall seeing before that was a Janish with barely any use for $150.

dplettn
08-28-2011, 12:03 AM
They had a Fred Lewis that looked really good in one of the bins. I can't collect everything under the sun, but it did tempt me. Good use, awesome handle tape, and I couldn't even locate a crack.

Among the baseballs, on the same day they had a foul ball hit by Jay Bruce on Aug 10th (during the 2nd period from which he was named NL Player of the Week).

p819
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I was the first in the store, while they were unlocking the door. I picked up a vcracked Todd Frazier.