PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Arizona Fall League Rosters are out

OaklandAsFan
08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Golden boy Bryce Harper will be back again this year along with Mike Trout from the Angels.

Klattsy
08-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Excellent, no Aussies :) That means that they will all be back in the Australian Baseball League this year!

Where else do teams send players during the offeseason? Was it Venezuela?

OaklandAsFan
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
there is a Venezuelan league, Hawaiian league
I believe a Mexican league and a dominican league.

There used to be a rule that no players from other countries that had baseball leagues could play in the AFL but apparently they eased up on that rule because there are players from 6 other countries in it this year including countries that have baseball leagues.

October/November is my favorite time of year. I get to break out the camera and have some great baseball in low key situations with little to no other fans and can sit up close to the games.

godwulf
08-31-2011, 12:17 AM
there is a Venezuelan league, Hawaiian league
I believe a Mexican league and a dominican league.

Also a Puerto Rican league. The Hawaii Winter League is no more, though.

October/November is my favorite time of year. I get to break out the camera and have some great baseball in low key situations with little to no other fans and can sit up close to the games.

Mine, too. I go to as many evening games as I can, and then, usually in about the middle of the season, I take two weeks off of work and go to at least one game every day. I've a bit nervous about a new ballpark for the DBacks, though - I'm used to Scottsdale Stadium; I'm hoping that the access to players is going to be at least as good in the new place.

OaklandAsFan
08-31-2011, 01:48 AM
well the clubhouses are in RF and LF and the visiting players will come in from CF so I would assume that the player access will be just as good as during ST and that park was pretty good for getting graphs during ST.

Earlier this year I picked up a 1d Mark IV camera with some good telephoto lenses so I may do some picture sales if anyone is interested in rookies from their teams let me know and I'll try to get some good ones for ya.

godwulf
08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
One guy, I think he's in Mesa, takes a lot of action photos of the players every year and sells them on eBay, but he doesn't get all the players I'd like and, for some reason, seldom gets too many of the pitchers. I prefer close-up photos, even informal portraits, to action photos, myself, and would certainly be a customer if you got good pics of all six of the DBacks prospects, and could deliver them in plenty of time to get them signed.

OaklandAsFan
08-31-2011, 08:58 AM
I've seen the pics for sale on eBay, IMO they are not very good and not even worth the cheap prices that he charges for them.

Every year I get requests and compliments from the players for my shots when I get them signed so I know I'm doing something right and that was with a lesser quality camera.

I can definitely arrange to have some to you in time for signatures as I myself get shots printed and signed each season. I usually spend the first half the season taking pics and then the second half getting them signed.