PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Otto. Opinions?

kingjammy24
12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
hello,

If anyone has dealt with Wayne Otto / gamewornuniforms.com, can
you please share your opinion of him and your dealings?

Bad, good, etc.

thanks,

Rudy.

ahuff
12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
I've dealt with him on several occasions, and find him to be very good to work with. He is extremely good on some of the older items, and has a great selection.

I know I ran into a case, where he was a bit stubborn, with the Devil Ray Green jerseys from 2004. I traced down photos or game clips of all but five games from that season and found they never wore those jerseys in a game. The only exception is the japan series, but those have a white patch on the sleeve, and his do not. I did, however, find several photos that proved they were worn in Spring Training games.

He had a guy working for him a few months ago that was superb, knew his stuff, and was great to work with. Whoever is there, now, I've noticed a few things slip by, but who is perfect? They are still very kind and courteous.

Overall I'd give them an "A"

bigtime59
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Other than the occasional eBay item, you're not going to find any bargains here, but the quality is generally good.

stkmtimo
12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I've dealt with him on several occasions, and find him to be very good to work with. He is extremely good on some of the older items, and has a great selection.

I know I ran into a case, where he was a bit stubborn, with the Devil Ray Green jerseys from 2004. I traced down photos or game clips of all but five games from that season and found they never wore those jerseys in a game. The only exception is the japan series, but those have a white patch on the sleeve, and his do not. I did, however, find several photos that proved they were worn in Spring Training games.

He had a guy working for him a few months ago that was superb, knew his stuff, and was great to work with. Whoever is there, now, I've noticed a few things slip by, but who is perfect? They are still very kind and courteous.

Overall I'd give them an "A"

I asked them about all of their Devil Rays jerseys in stock and told me they were all game worn. They have the correct tagging and I can confirm that the green ones were worn in ST and not in games. I've seen a few of those with the Japan series patch from when they played against the Yankees there but I don't think Wayne has any, does he?

Tim

kingjammy
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Ahuff et al: how did you contact Wayne? i can't find an email address for him.

Bigtime: you're right about the lack of bargains. while i understand anybody is free to set any price they want, some of the prices on his site are almost hilarious. here are a few that made me chuckle:

1991 Detroit Tigers - Tony Clark home jersey - $1300
1990 Detroit Tigers - Travis Fryman road jersey - $1100
1993 Detroit Tigers - Mike Moore road jersey - $900

Rudy.

ahuff
12-06-2005, 08:26 PM
worldb@gamewornuniforms.com