PDA

View Full Version : SF Giants - Jerseys Off Our Giants Raffle Tomorrow

Marrdar
09-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Tomorrow the San Francisco Giants will have their 8th Annual "Jerseys Off Our Giants" raffle, where for $1 you can buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win an autographed Giants game worn jersey. According to the Community Fund, they will raffle 25 game worn jerseys after the game. You have to be present to win.

Has anyone on this board ever won a jersey from the raffle? Are the jerseys made up for one game or do they show wear as being worn from previous games? Does the tagging on the shirts show year tags? Did the jerseys get a mlb hologram?

Additionally, the Giants and Majestic have had previous "Shirt Off My Back" auctions, I know there is an mlb hologram, if anyone can provide any info on if those are one offs or show a lot of wear or repeating washings.

I would appreciate any feedback, because I am planning on attending, and would like to know how the previous years went and what to expect from the jerseys.

G1X
09-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I can't speak for the Giants, but I was lucky enough in 2006 to have my name drawn at a Washington Nationals "Shirt-Off-My-Back" raffle. The jersey was the red alternate that they wore mainly in Sunday home games that season.

The jersey I won was worn by third-base coach Tony Beasley (see photos below). Even though he was a coach, the jersey showed good usage (wash wear, puckered numbers, washed-out year tag, etc.).

There was no MLB authentication or any other paperwork provided by the team or the league, but that really didn't matter to me in the least bit. I walked down on the field and had the jersey handed to me by Beasley, so I cound not have cared less about any type of authentication. To me, it is sort of liking catching a ball that goes into the stands. No need to get it authenticated, etc. since I was there and the one who caught it!

Good luck with the raffle!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and any Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

EurekaDave
09-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Did any forum member win a Giants jersey? Tell us about it. How did things go?

Dave Silverbrand