PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or did Oregon go in a direction that no body could have ever imagined?

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Those Uniforms are crazy! I don't know what to think about them. Do any of you guys like them? They look like Highlighters!

brewcrew
09-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the Pro Combat jerseys, to be honest. I prefer simple, classic styles, without weird piping or crazy colors or helmet logos. But that's just me. I'm kind of old school for being a (relative) young'un. :p

masp3392
09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
i hate oregon's uni's the past couple of years, but those gun metal uni's against lsu look sick.

I wish the canes would go back to the 2000-2003 era style uni, with black socks/black cleats.

Per Al Golden (miami coach) we will be working with nike to go back to the 80's style uniform in a modern jersey fit obviously. should be awesome!

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
that would be cool for miami! Can't wait to see how the NFL gamers rendar out with NIKE next season.

slambam
09-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Those are bad, but not as bad as Georgia...

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Those are bad, but not as bad as Georgia...

agreed wtf did georgia do to there unis

freddiefreeman5
09-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I love them. :D

Shipp_96
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
The uni choices at UO are a joke, as was their performance last night. The shame is their "normal" uniforms with the metallic green helmet look really sharp, as does their "throwback" helmet (yellow shell and have UO on them).

Thank the Lord I went to a school (Penn State) that respects tradition and keeps classic uniforms. Add to the list Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, 'Bama and Notre Dame. All traditional powerhouses, and I think their simple, but classic uniforms reflect that.

I thought the Quacks unis were "cute" a couple of years ago when I was able to have multiple choices when playing NCAA on my PS3, but now that their abomination has caught on at other colleges it scares me. Boise State, WSU, Maryland, Georgia, TCU and WV have all sadly caved into to these monstrosity's. Boise State and UGA looked like roller ball teams from the 70s last night! Simply awful.

Dolphins23
09-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Lol shipp Penn state unis are great! My sister goes there. I went to WV and these unis there wearing now are plain old sad. What the hell is the navy lines for???? So ugly. Nike design crew does an awful job. I really hope they don't one day transition NFL unis into these atrocious things!

Shipp_96
09-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Lol shipp Penn state unis are great! My sister goes there. I went to WV and these unis there wearing now are plain old sad. What the hell is the navy lines for???? So ugly. Nike design crew does an awful job. I really hope they don't one day transition NFL unis into these atrocious things!

Cool, I did not know your sis went there :). That is awesome! Did she happen to go the game yesterday? I never missed a game my Senior year at PSU. I then got another degree and graduated from Shippensburg also, but I went to every home game again since I moved back to State College.

WV used to have some nice, classic unis. Now they added the stripe, as you mentioned. The all canary yellows are an eyesore. Their "combat" alternate, although cool, just does not go with their overall color scheme.

Nike designs are horrible, and the fact Phil Knight owns them and is an UO alum, he uses them as his Frankenstein team to test out these gaudy fashions. I wish he would constrain it to the Quacks unis, and not the rest of football.

I am with you on the Nike/NFL partnership. I have already heard rumblings here in the Pacific NW they and Seattle have met about some combinations that I am sure will be the ULTIMATE eyesores.

Shipp_96
09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I must apologize to NIKE, I forgot Under Armor (who are weak) make the Univ. of Maryland uniforms. Why? Surprise surprise, the owner of Under Armor is also a Maryland Alum and they are out of Baltimore. I get the whole "these are the color of the Maryland flag" motif, since I lived in Annapolis until recently for the last four years. But, overkill anyone?? Talk about gaudy!

slab0meat
09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I never like Oregon jerseys, but this new one was interesting. I *did* like the helmet, as it appeared to be a flat black, as opposed to the usual shiny style. The numbering and name, I'm not sure. It was definitely different.

masp3392
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I must apologize to NIKE, I forgot Under Armor (who are weak) make the Univ. of Maryland uniforms. Why? Surprise surprise, the owner of Under Armor is also a Maryland Alum and they are out of Baltimore. I get the whole "these are the color of the Maryland flag" motif, since I lived in Annapolis until recently for the last four years. But, overkill anyone?? Talk about gaudy!

well hopefully my team (miami hurricanes) puts those uniforms in the dirt tomorrow. :D

as far as the oregon unis' go, its a little to much. what is it like 200-300 different uni combo's that they can possibly wear every game? thats rediculous.

I also respect the simplicity that the traditional powerhouses use. Al golden is a penn state man and he's already in talks with nike to bring us back to the old style cane uni's from back in the 80's. Cant wait to see that look.

masp3392
09-04-2011, 11:02 PM
[quote=Shipp_96;265545]I cannot help but wonder if that is the TYPICAL sour grapes we here because he is the classiest coach left in college football? There will never be another Joe PA in today's money driven, corrupt, greedy NCAA. quote]

forgot to add "SEC biased / sweep everything under the rug" NCAA :D

Canseco44
09-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I really like the new Arizona State Sun Devils new black uniforms. Including flat black helmets with killer new pitchfork decals. Interestingly enough, the high school I coach at, Huntington ISD in Huntington, Texas, has used the sparky as our mascot for almost 20 years now. Last week we were contacted by someone representing Arizona State and threatened with legal action if we didn't stop using old sparky. We are the Red Devils and our sparky is bright red and black, but an identical copy of arizona states otherwise. I guess no one ever got permission! Lol! Oh well, anyone know of any other cool devil mascots?!

Dolphins23
09-05-2011, 02:13 PM
look up freeport red devils

Dolphins23
09-05-2011, 02:17 PM
heres a link of freeports devil costume its the red one with peach skin tone http://www.bestmascots.com/catalog/devils-c-114.html?osCsid=5037728f273e969b67eda74c9721d134

gorilla777
09-05-2011, 03:41 PM

LOL, those Maryland uniforms look like the teams in the movie "Any Given Sunday", some of the fugliest I have seen....

maverick14
09-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I definitely liked the flat black helmets, the rest of the uniform wasn't thaaaat bad but it was a bit out there. I'm a Univ. of Miami alum as well and all this talk of going back to the 80's style unis sounds awesome, can't wait.

asr1084
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
forget the others, who designed marylands jerseys vs miami?! Those are terrible and very ugly. I want to know the story behind those because they are uuuugly.

maverick14
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
forget the others, who designed marylands jerseys vs miami?! Those are terrible and very ugly. I want to know the story behind those because they are uuuugly.

100% agree, the clear frontrunners so far this season for worst uniform

masp3392
09-05-2011, 08:39 PM
LOL, those Maryland uniforms look like the teams in the movie "Any Given Sunday", some of the fugliest I have seen....

+1

Shipp_96
09-05-2011, 08:44 PM

Agreed. The problem with UMD is they broke every rule when it comes to an aesthetically pleasing design. Gradients in the numbers, using the Maryland flag as both a stripe and also as a huge patch on the pants. Piping going everywhere. It reminds me of when I first learned Photoshop and went effects crazy on every design I did.

The turtle shell helmet is actually kind of nice, but then they add a stripe that is a condensed version of the state flag? Just overkill.

I mean, we get you are representing the state of Maryland already. I really hope they go back to their classic look from last year and these soon find there way into forum members collections :).

freddiefreeman5
09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I just got a look at the Maryland uniforms. :eek:

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
LMAO @ Mary- LANDS! unis

Lebron No Shame James tweeted those unis are great!

freddiefreeman5
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
LMAO @ Mary- LANDS! unis

Lebron No Shame James tweeted those unis are great!
They look like his tatoo's. :D