Interesting NFL Uniform update for this year.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulligans
    • Dec 2009

Interesting NFL Uniform update for this year.....

• masp3392
    • Jun 2011

Re: Interesting NFL Uniform update for this year.....

wow great info, thanks for the post jeff

curious to see if nike will screw up traditional uniforms. I dont know if you guy saw, i cant remember where but if you search "nfl pro combat" there's a slideshow of nfl uniforms in the "pro combat" style format and almost 90% of them are hideous.

very interested to see where nike's designs will lead

Comment

• 34swtns
      • Apr 2006

The biggest change will simply be the manufacturer's logo.
      Teams won't be changing their uniforms just because a different company is making them.

Comment

• mad87man
        • Feb 2011

Pretty cool news. To bad nothing on the Jets though.

Comment

• masp3392
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by 34swtns
          Teams won't be changing their uniforms just because a different company is making them.
          doesn't nike have a "tighter fit" than reebok? i feel like alot of nfl teams have a loose fit jersey.

if you follow college football alot of the uniforms are by nike and they are the tightest fit possible. the most tight fitting jersey i would think is the jaguars uni's

Comment

• Dolphins23
            Banned
            • Aug 2011

If NFL teams can't tweak there jerseys unless 5 years have passed thats a good thing for Dolphins fans because we just had a jersey tweak with the navy border thinning only a few years ago. I have a feeling the Dolphins jersey will be one of the designs that drasticly changes because I keep hearing a lot of people are sick of the Navy border. I really hope they don't change them : (

Comment

• otismalibu
              • Nov 2005

Do they even make them? I was under the impression they only make the fan gear, but simply pay to have their logo & tags on the game jerseys.
              Greg
              DrJStuff.com

Comment

• ivo610
                • Dec 2009

They wont be made in Berlin, Wi anymore?
                Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• masp3392
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dolphins23
                  If NFL teams can't tweak there jerseys unless 5 years have passed thats a good thing for Dolphins fans because we just had a jersey tweak with the navy border thinning only a few years ago. I have a feeling the Dolphins jersey will be one of the designs that drasticly changes because I keep hearing a lot of people are sick of the Navy border. I really hope they don't change them : (
                  i dont mind it so much, but i would like to change the all teal jerseys, i fell like its just way to plain.

we wore them all preseason long and to me they are the worst we have.

the orange alternates need to become a regular!

Comment

• masp3392
                    • Jun 2011

here's the link to the circulating (rumored) nike uniforms for 2012

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

It has been confirmed that the designs are fake.

Still, not going to lie, I REALLY like the Eagles, Titans, Bengals (all better than what they have now!) the Seahawks and Pats. But the Browns, WOW, I mean hands down the BEST !

Comment

• BU54CB
                        • Jul 2010

Here's the thing, despite a change in manufacturer, I can't forsee that many changes in NFL uniforms. This isn't college FB where teams are getting free uniforms or sponsorship.

In the NFL, the sponsorship is the logo on the uniform, teams in the NFL aren't going to change their trademark uniforms as easily as college teams.

There are teams such as the Bears, Steelers, and Raiders (among other teams) that will tell Nike or any other contractor who make NFL uniforms for the league that there will be no changes to their jerseys. That doesn't mean that the fabrics won't change, but the basic design will remain the same.

There are too many teams in the NFL that are branded by both name and jersey design that it would be silly to give up their branding for the sake of change.

Comment

• masp3392
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by BU54CB
                          Here's the thing, despite a change in manufacturer, I can't forsee that many changes in NFL uniforms. This isn't college FB where teams are getting free uniforms or sponsorship.

In the NFL, the sponsorship is the logo on the uniform, teams in the NFL aren't going to change their trademark uniforms as easily as college teams.

There are teams such as the Bears, Steelers, and Raiders (among other teams) that will tell Nike or any other contractor who make NFL uniforms for the league that there will be no changes to their jerseys. That doesn't mean that the fabrics won't change, but the basic design will remain the same.

There are too many teams in the NFL that are branded by both name and jersey design that it would be silly to give up their branding for the sake of change.
                          i agree with this, it will just be a tighter fit fabric i guess.

but yeah no way in hell traditional teams will change their design

Comment

• BU54CB
                            • Jul 2010

Well said

Comment

• Mulligans
                              • Dec 2009

I was less interested about the new styles and more interested in the new captains patches for this year and number of alternate, throwback or patch jerseys that may now be available through the teams or NFL Auctions.

Comment

Working...