PDA

View Full Version : Canada Postal Experience--What's Yours?

EurekaDave
09-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I bought something from someone I met through the forum, a really nice guy. He mailed the item and a COA in separate envelope more than two weeks ago.

It doesn't show on their tracking site and I have seen nothing. Anybody had experience with Canada mail. Is it usually this slow?

Oh Canada!!!

Dave Silverbrand

Lokee
09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Dave,

nothing but bad experiences here to be honest and Canada in my homeland LOL.

I think that mail strike has held up alot of mail.

sox83cubs84
09-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I just got two large envelopes in from the Great White North today. Both arrived intact and in proper condition

Regardless, people in the know that I've talked to have basically stated that, as much as Americans like to moan and groan about our postal service, it's still far superior to what our friends to the north have.

Dave Miedema

camarokids
09-10-2011, 12:01 AM
It took 17 days to get a Delmon Young bat delivered from Canada a few years back......

vballGuy
09-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm from Canada, and NEVER EVER EVER use our postal service for important items. Not only is the service slow, like a previous poster stated, the tracking number is pretty much useless because the website is never updated.

I always use UPS, Purolator or DHL to ship items. More reliable, faster and not that much more expensive than the Canada Post.

Klattsy
09-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Damn, I just posted a Brett Lawrie card to Canada...hope it gets there. Can't afford to be giving refunds thanks to dodgy postal system. At least ours here is just slow.

EurekaDave
09-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Still no information on item shipped August 18, or 19 from Canada to California. Would you worry yet?

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

earlywynnfan
09-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I have sent several items this summer to a buyer in far-west Canada (I'm in Cleveland), and I don't think any have taken more than two weeks. Don't know what it's like coming from the other direction, although a baseball I got last year took about a week.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

otismalibu
09-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Dave,

It once took 30 days for an item I shipped from IL to reach the east coast of Canada. Stuff can get hung up at customs, and everything might have been getting a little extra scrutiny these past few weeks.

EurekaDave
09-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Great point about the customs. Choosing between a Miguel Tejada glove and national security, I would go with the latter.

Dave Silverbrand