Met One of My Favorite Players Yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UTeric3232
    • Apr 2010

Met One of My Favorite Players Yesterday...

Yesterday was a good day. Most people other than Texas fans or hardcore college basketball fans probably wont know him. But I met up with Gary Johnson, who just graduated from UT and will probably sign as a free agent somewhere when the lockout is over. He hooked me up with a pair of "game" shoes (but I think they are practice shoes bc I cant find evidence of even a style match) and one of his UT game jerseys (which is 09-10 but he put 10-11). But he is a real good guy!

• Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

Re: Met One of My Favorite Players Yesterday...

That's some real sweet gear you got there, from the player himself no less! I know as someone that collects fellow Penn State alums, it is always a thrill to get something college game worn. I share your passion for collecting NCAA, and can totally understand how great this must of been for you.

I got Jordan Norwood's first pair (and thus far only pair) of game worn cleats from his Philly NFL debut, that were bought directly from him. I also own his jersey from that game. But now that he is with Cleveland, watch out! I see big things.

Good for you, UTeric3232!

Comment

• masp3392
      • Jun 2011

congrats bro!

always good to meet a fav player

Comment

• Preston
        • Mar 2010

That's really awesome Eric - how did you set that up if you don't mind me asking?

Really cool that he seemed to be that cool about it.

Comment

• UTeric3232
          • Apr 2010

Thanks guys!

Preston - I just sent him a message, started talking to him. Told him I collected and it went from there.

Comment

Working...