PDA

View Full Version : Players were fined for wearing Non-NFL Equipment on 9/11?

masp3392
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Co-worker of mine just told me that there was a yahoo report stating that since the american flag style gloves/cleats that some players were sporting today were not "NFL Equipment", they were fined for wearing it.

Is this true? If so, that is extremely pathetic to the fact that the NFL commision cant make an exception especially for today.

I also wonder if those specific items will be auctioned off as well

Preston
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Not true - usually they do fine someone for that which is what they consider a "uniform violation", but Roger Goodell said this week nobody will be fined for wearing stuff to support 9/11.

That's really smart on his part because it'd have been HORRIBLE PR if he did fine people for it.

masp3392
09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Not true - usually they do fine someone for that which is what they consider a "uniform violation", but Roger Goodell said this week nobody will be fined for wearing stuff to support 9/11.

That's really smart on his part because it'd have been HORRIBLE PR if he did fine people for it.

Thats what I have would imagined ... He would have gotten a slew of hatred if that were true.

flaco1801
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
they could have fined the players and donated the money to 911 charities...

cohibasmoker
09-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Co-worker of mine just told me that there was a yahoo report stating that since the american flag style gloves/cleats that some players were sporting today were not "NFL Equipment", they were fined for wearing it.

Is this true? If so, that is extremely pathetic to the fact that the NFL commision cant make an exception especially for today.

Possibly - the NFL offices are in New York - the home of Bloomberg, who by the way, banned first responders and clergy from the 911 site. I wonder if he would have banned first responders and clergy back in 2001?

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/responders.asp

Just an opinion

Jim

dnrapp
09-12-2011, 07:32 AM

The NFL let players wear special cleats and gloves, but MLB baned the Mets from wearing NYPD and NYFD caps during their game on Sun night.

SPB903
09-12-2011, 10:16 AM
The NFL let players wear special cleats and gloves, but MLB baned the Mets from wearing NYPD and NYFD caps during their game on Sun night.

Players said the hats were physically taken from them. Joe Torre had a lot to do with this. I guess he forgot where he was on 9/11 and where he came from.

MLB~NUT
09-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Players said the hats were physically taken from them. Joe Torre had a lot to do with this. I guess he forgot where he was on 9/11 and where he came from.

Torre's nothing more than a kis A%* yes man, which is exactly why d*^%*e bag Selig hired him....

mad87man
09-12-2011, 07:28 PM
At first Lance Briggs revealed he was wearing the shoes and gloves and said he will gladly take the fine. Then it came out the NFL wouldn't fine players for wearing the stuff this week.