PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Bears signed pic

schubert1970
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
A month ago someone asked if there was one sports movie you would like a piece of memorabilia from what would it be? I posted anything from The Bad News Bears.

A few weeks ago someone on ebay posted they had a photo of TBNB from 1976 signed by the whole team. I was extremely skeptical, especially since there was no picture posted and she had a feedback of zero. Luckily, the person only lived a few hours from me so I arranged for us to meet. While looking at the photo I noticed the character of Tobi was signed as David Coulton, but his real name is David Stambaugh. Naturally I decided not to purchase the photo till I could get a bit more information.

Earlier this week I e-mailed David Stambaugh a pic of the photo and received this response to my question.

Hi Bill,

WOW – there’s a picture I haven’t seen in a while!

The name under my picture was a stage name I was using when I was younger, so it’s not a forged signature – not that it makes the picture any more valuable – but I haven’t signed that way in a long time J

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane – best of luck!

Dave

Needless to say after receiving this response, I purchased the photo and picked it up today. I've been looking for anything team signed and only found a few baseballs that were really faded. This is a real gem for my collection. I'll show another pic when I get it framed.

gameused
09-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Dave,

Great find and nice story. Thank's for posting!

Bobby