Ichiro 2004 Game Used Auto ALL-STAR Jersey w/ Schilling LOA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • al3xmac10
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Ichiro 2004 Game Used Auto ALL-STAR Jersey w/ Schilling LOA?

Any opinions on this item?

• prichmond
    • Mar 2010

Re: Ichiro 2004 Game Used Auto ALL-STAR Jersey w/ Schilling LOA?

appears to be the jersery that sold in the july 12th Hunt Auctions for $5500. You can review it on the web site. It is listed a professional model jersery. Does not make any mention of being game used.

Pete

Comment

• prichmond
      • Mar 2010

it is lot 127 in this july 12th auction. Double checking it apprears to be the same jersey. I can find not mention of game used in the Hunt description.

Comment

• al3xmac10
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Great info, thank you very much for sharing prichmond.

Comment

• Lokee
          Banned
          • May 2008

Tags look crisp anyways so can't image it was used.

Comment

• gnishiyama
            • Aug 2006

I did some research on the jersey to decide how high I was going to
            bid since you have to question why Ichiro would give away his all star game
            jersey, rather than just rely on an LOA with a famous name attached.
            Ichiro keeps just about anything of significance and gives it to his father
            who displays it in a museum dedicated to his son.

I treated the jersey as an extra and bidded accordingly although the size
            and tagging are correct it seemed TO ME, that there seems
            to be much more space between the 'T' on the SEATTLE on the
            front of the jersey and the 3rd button. I was the second highest bidder
            and hopefully it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me since $5500 even
            with the juice is a steal for a real Ichiro All-Star gamer. I'm assuming
            many saw the same and passed or bidded accordingly.

Another factor I considered was, a famous photo of Ichiro and Obama in
            the locker room of the 2009 All-Star game shows multiple All-Star jerseys
            in the players' lockers. I assume players get multiples issued to
            them and they are free to do whatever whether they trade or give
            them away.

I'm not implying at all that Zane is purposely misrepresenting the jersey
            since I'm going by what I see based on my research and thoughts.

Here are pics, let me know what you guys think:
            Attached Files
            Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

I also was wondering about this item from the same seller.
              Les Zukor
              bagwellgameused@gmail.com
              Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
              (617) 682-0408

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Frik:

Jersey is team-issued, but highly unlikely to be game worn. At that point in time, both Bagwell and Jeff Biggio wore home and road jerseys supplied by a manufacturer known as Victory. Their only worn Russell gamers were the navy blue alternates.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• mfsquirrelmaster
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by prichmond
                  appears to be the jersery that sold in the july 12th Hunt Auctions for $5500. You can review it on the web site. It is listed a professional model jersery. Does not make any mention of being game used.
                  Originally posted by prichmond

Pete

Hunt lists most of their jerseys as "professional model" as opposed to "game used". Lot 126 in that hunt auction was a Schilling jersey with "extensive usage". The jersey also came with a LOA from Schilling himself yet it still says nothing about being "game worn". I think in order for them to actually list one as game worn they need something like being MLB authenticated.

Comment

• prichmond
                    • Mar 2010

Bagwell was lot 37 in the July 12 2011 hunt allstar game auction and sold for $600 without the juice. Same comment. Professional model . No mention of game used.

pete

Comment

• gnishiyama
                      • Aug 2006

Hunt lists most of their jerseys as "professional model" as opposed to "game used". Lot 126 in that hunt auction was a Schilling jersey with "extensive usage". The jersey also came with a LOA from Schilling himself yet it still says nothing about being "game worn". I think in order for them to actually list one as game worn they need something like being MLB authenticated.
                      I concur. I picked up a jersey that was listed as professional model
                      and it had heavy use and appeared to be unwashed. I think each and
                      every jersey from Schillings collection use or lack there of varies
                      and has to be handled on a case by case basis. The only factor
                      that they all share is they originate from Schillings personal collection.

Also if I remember correctly, Leland's had rights to auction off the 2004
                      All-Star game jersey right off the players back. I quick search lead me to this:
                      http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/19298/All-Star/Sports/All-Star-Jerseys/Lot185~2004-Ichiro-Suzuki-All-Star-Jersey?page=1

Lelands.com and Major League Baseball are proud to present to you the jerseys to be worn by the players in the 75th Mid Summer Classic. You will have an opportunity to obtain the jerseys before the players perform feats that could make the jerseys historic objects worthy of Cooperstown. They will represent the actual players, coaches, managers and even honorary captains worn in the 2004 All-Star Game in Houston. Bid on the jersey(s) of your choice and you will receive them after the game where they will be taken off the backs of the players and tagged by Major League Baseball Authentics with their hologram. Note: Jerseys for all players and participants may not be available based on a variety of factors. After making every reasonable effort Lelands.com and Major League Baseball reserves the right to refund any client for not producing the jersey worn by a particular player for circumstances beyond our control.
                      Not sure if sales actually went through since I didn't bid.

In any case, I already have a couple customers asking me about
                      the Ichiro jersey.

What do you guys think of the space between SEATTLE and 3rd button?
                      Is my observation correct or is it an optical illusion?
                      Goh Nishiyama

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gnishiyama
                        I did some research on the jersey to decide how high I was going to
                        bid since you have to question why Ichiro would give away his all star game
                        jersey, rather than just rely on an LOA with a famous name attached.
                        Ichiro keeps just about anything of significance and gives it to his father
                        who displays it in a museum dedicated to his son.

I treated the jersey as an extra and bidded accordingly although the size
                        and tagging are correct it seemed TO ME, that there seems
                        to be much more space between the 'T' on the SEATTLE on the
                        front of the jersey and the 3rd button. I was the second highest bidder
                        and hopefully it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me since $5500 even
                        with the juice is a steal for a real Ichiro All-Star gamer. I'm assuming
                        many saw the same and passed or bidded accordingly.

Another factor I considered was, a famous photo of Ichiro and Obama in
                        the locker room of the 2009 All-Star game shows multiple All-Star jerseys
                        in the players' lockers. I assume players get multiples issued to
                        them and they are free to do whatever whether they trade or give
                        them away.

I'm not implying at all that Zane is purposely misrepresenting the jersey
                        since I'm going by what I see based on my research and thoughts.

Here are pics, let me know what you guys think:
                        The spacing between "T" and "L" on the bottom of the letters is off.
                        Les Zukor
                        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• gnishiyama
                          • Aug 2006

Just got this in my mailbox:
                          ----- Original Message -----
                          To: gnishiyama@gmail.com
                          Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:51 PM
                          Subject: 2004 Ichiro All-Star Jersey

Goh-My name is Zane Burns-I have the jersey on Ebay-The shirt is 100% authentic and LOA from Schilling says-Light wear-I was at the Leland’s Auction at the 2004 All-Star game in Houston-They did not offer or sell Ichiro’s 2004 All-Star Game Jersey-They did have a few of the Jerseys-but his was not one of them-This has been confirmed by a Lelands employee-I have a law firm that monitors all online chatter about anything concerning Zane Burns or Zanebats-We take these matters very seriously-If you have any questions, I would suggest that you contact me driectly-Regards-Zane Burns

Goh Nishiyama

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• gnishiyama
                            • Aug 2006

My reply:

Hi Zane,
                            Read my posts carefully. First off, I did not start the post and was replying to the opener
                            who was asking for opinions.

Second I did not state your jersey was fake or that you are purposely misrepresenting the item.
                            I merely took a picture of your jersey and put it up against an actual picture of Ichiro from
                            the 2004 All-Star game and expressed my doubts and why I didn't feel your jersey
                            was what it was made out to be.

For a hobby veteran such as yourself, who I actually have purchased from and until now
                            had respect for, to say your item is 100% authentic based on a simple LOA is mind boggling.

You would have a lot more problems on your hands if someone purchased paid $16K for it and found out
                            later it wasn't what it was claimed to be. I think then you would need your law firm.

Why don't you just reply to the posts and explain what you think about the difference
                            in space between the botton SEATTLE Logo and the 3rd button? If you can prove it
                            at the very best you have the actual jersey worn by Ichiro during the 2004 All-Star game,
                            at the worst you have an extra from the jersey which is worth every cent you paid for it.

I also posted your email on the forum. That's for threatening me with litigation
                            over something baseless and making it personal. I don't appreciate that.

Goh Nishiyama
                            FYI, I'm not a crusader of sorts and don't take any pleasure in airing
                            out people's dirty laundry even though dealing primarily in the Japanese
                            market I see tons of garbage; many with COA, LOA from some of the most
                            reputable guys here. I worry about what I buy and sell. I keep my
                            business personal and handle problems internally. Aside from paying top
                            dollar I think this is primarily the main reason why many come to me first
                            with their Japanese items.

Call it overreacting but "the lawyer" thing really bothered me.
                            Goh Nishiyama

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gnishiyama
                              Call it overreacting but "the lawyer" thing really bothered me.
                              Goh, great reply. Someone overreacted and send the wrong email to someone like yourself who genuinely cares and was just looking for the best interest of the industry.

Comment

Working...