PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia Auctions

masp3392
09-15-2011, 04:08 PM
has anyone dealt with them in bidding/purchasing an item?

just signed up and wanted to get the scoop if there is anything to report.

Lokee
09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Along the top there is a search function type in AMI or American Memorabilia and let us know what you find.

masp3392
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Along the top there is a search function type in AMI or American Memorabilia and let us know what you find.

thank you sir

anyone eyeing the miami hurricanes james lewis game worn championship helmet?

ivo610
09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Have bought several items from them. They have had some great legit pieces in the past couple of years. Photo matched Emmitt Smith and Lawrence Taylor jerseys were just two of the great football pieces I have seen in the past few months.

The big issue for people used to be getting paid when they consigned an item. As far as I know that is no longer an issue.

Mulligans
09-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I have gotten some incredible Football Jerseys at some GREAT prices!

I have also sold many items and it's nice because the cash goes right into my checking account.

solarlottry
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Victor and Kieta at AMI could not be nicer (although it probably helps that I have spent 20K with them)! That being said Victor has absolutely NO interest in selling bad or non authentic jerseys. He has always sent me the actual jersey that i am interested in so I can evaluate it prior to me bidding (if he has it in his possession). He also will pull any suspicious or non authentic items.

I have had nothing but good experiences with AMI and will continue to do business with them.

One time I won a 500$ item which was mailed by the seller to the wrong state! Victor offered to refund my money when the item arrived if i thought it had been "tampered" with. Being that it was a practice worn shirt, I didnt want the person who mistakenly got it to wear it, then send it back. Victor was quite understanding but it never got that far as he had the package tracked, intercepted and re-routed to me!

Before bidding with AMI please read the rules though as the house can bid up an item to its reserve and whatever you bid becomes the next bid. For example if you bid 1200$ on a jersey that is priced at 450$ when you bid, the bid automatically goes up to 1200$ not the next highest bid. i found that out the hard way!

As with anything and everything in this hobby -do your homework and you will probably be happy with the end result!

Paul