PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Bulldog Legend Pick-Up

UGA016
09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Finally cam across this jersey. I have been trying to find a David Greene 2002 Game Used Jersey ffor a while. Reason being he was a Great Bulldog that led us to our 1st SEC Championship in 20 yrs. The jersey came directly from David through one of David's friends. Shows great use Shoulders show Helmet contact and the SEC Patch shows Grass stains. David signed the back and attached a COA for it. Its a little cloudy these days in Athens so I cherish being able to obtain Items from the Glory Days!! Gooo Dawgs!!

chakes89
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Awesome Jersey!

Not a Georgia fan but I was a really big Greene fan

UGA016
09-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah thanks Chakes. David was and is a CLASS Act. Those Early Richt teams should be the Template for UGA teams to come. Those were the good years. Great to have a piece of the 2002 Season....

Shipp_96
09-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Finally cam across this jersey. I have been trying to find a David Greene 2002 Game Used Jersey ffor a while. Reason being he was a Great Bulldog that led us to our 1st SEC Championship in 20 yrs. The jersey came directly from David through one of David's friends. Shows great use Shoulders show Helmet contact and the SEC Patch shows Grass stains. David signed the back and attached a COA for it. Its a little cloudy these days in Athens so I cherish being able to obtain Items from the Glory Days!! Gooo Dawgs!!

Not a UGA fan, but anytime someone can score an NCAA game worn from their team or school, I feel the excitement! Bonus he was a favorite of yours ;)!!

UGA016
09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks Shipp...he was a favorite of the whole Dawg Nation. Just glad I had the opportunity to obtain it.

masp3392
09-16-2011, 10:06 PM
nice jersey!

are you the one with the moreno uni in the frame?

UGA016
09-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Yes Masp I have the Moreno as well as many others. I have been trying as of late to just add pieces that will make my UGA collection better. I was able to add the Herschel Walker to the collection a few months back.

Gridiron Heroes
09-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Very nice Greene jersey! I've always sort of been a Dawgs fans as Hershel Walker was my favorite pro player growing up. As a college football fan and collector like Travis, I too am happy to see someone pick up a grail item. Not too many of those around for my Gophers and we have most of the college worn grails between my partners and I. I just started collecting former Gophers pro jerseys/helmets 3 years ago and it's just as addicting. Carl Eller Vikings jersey is my grail when I get one someday.

I may be going up to the Georgia v NMSU game. Any reccomendations?

Shawn Kennedy
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
GridironHeroes.net

UGA016
09-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Hey Shawn. I know their are alot of NFL Collectors on here and I love seeing all of their stuff. But their is something about obtaining a true College piece in my eyes. I have had the honor of collecting some really rare and nice UGA pieces I think. I have found it alot Harder to come across the College stuff Way more than the NFL stuff. Especially now with the Ohio State and Miami mess. I find it sad that a few bad apples have to ruin it for rest of us. Go Dawgs!!

no1ufgator
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Agreed. I am a college collector myself and haven't had a chance to post seperate thread but Roger from this forum was able to help me obtain one of my grails. It is a 1997 Fred Taylor that looks to be worn all season with a LOT of repairs. I posted on September pick ups. Nice looking Greene UGA! If you run across UF gear in your endeavors, please let me know.

masp3392
09-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes Masp I have the Moreno as well as many others. I have been trying as of late to just add pieces that will make my UGA collection better. I was able to add the Herschel Walker to the collection a few months back.

nice!, if you dont mind me asking where did you get that style of frame?

i like how you put the pants as well in the corner of the frame, is it user friendly as in you can open it / close it as well?

UGA016
09-17-2011, 05:19 PM
no1ufgator....Gators look good. Muschamp and weis...REALLY...WOW...he is the real deal. a good friend of mine coached with He and Kirby at VSU...in the early days. Very passionate coach. I will keep u in mind shall I come across any UF stuff. Masp as far as the Frame it is very friendly as it opens and closes. I have so many jerseys so I wanted a frame that I could change at any time. I actually have had it for about 5 yrs. But I have seen the same ones on EBAY for around 230.00 they usually have the team etched on the glass. I chose one without it so it wouldnt cover the uniforms up. very durible and not heavy at all. here is a better pic of it.

masp3392
09-17-2011, 11:19 PM
are they named anything specific so i can type that in the search field?

no1ufgator....Gators look good. Muschamp and weis...REALLY...WOW...he is the real deal. a good friend of mine coached with He and Kirby at VSU...in the early days. Very passionate coach. I will keep u in mind shall I come across any UF stuff. Masp as far as the Frame it is very friendly as it opens and closes. I have so many jerseys so I wanted a frame that I could change at any time. I actually have had it for about 5 yrs. But I have seen the same ones on EBAY for around 230.00 they usually have the team etched on the glass. I chose one without it so it wouldnt cover the uniforms up. very durible and not heavy at all. here is a better pic of it.

UGA016
09-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Hey Masp just search jersey display case. click on highest price first. You will see them then. they are as high as 249.00 down to like 180.00 mine has a clear bar that the jersey hangs on inside.

masp3392
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey Masp just search jersey display case. click on highest price first. You will see them then. they are as high as 249.00 down to like 180.00 mine has a clear bar that the jersey hangs on inside.

appreciate it man, thank you

UTeric3232
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
UGA...

Just incase you havent seen it....ends tomorrow...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=66904&c=%5CGame+Worn%2DUsed%5C&t=Open&p=0&s=AuctionEnd+DESC%2C+Featured+DESC%2C+RandNo+ASC&offset=40