X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Bogus 1980s common jersey

One eBay seller has what's described as a 1983 "spring training" Bo Diaz Phillies home gamer. Howard Wolf pointed this one out to me, and the jersey is a joke, as far as the MLB Phillies go:

The flaws are numerous...erroneouly located Wilson tag, wrong numerical font, no NOB, no NIC or year/set tail strip tags, and more. The seller has not responded to an email sent regarding this...instead, he has relisted it with the "spring training" notation and, rather than his original opening bid of $300, he apparently started it a $9.99, has 3 bids that have put the current high a hair over $20, and has a reserve on the piece. There are plenty of good Phillies knits from this era out there...stay away from this one.

Dave Miedema
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Bogus 1980s common jersey

All eBay sellers should be required to include a picture of their personal clothing closet with all listings.

Comment

• rdeversole
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by trsent
      All eBay sellers should be required to include a picture of their personal clothing closet with all listings.
      Haha! Yeah, I don't understand why people don't try to take at least decent photos. I've seen too many gross toenails and unsightly half naked reflections in ebay listings.
      - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
      Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by rdeversole
        Haha! Yeah, I don't understand why people don't try to take at least decent photos. I've seen too many gross toenails and unsightly half naked reflections in ebay listings.
        ...and don't forget the Forum's favorite whipping boy, the toilet seat seller.

Dave M.

Comment

• jppopma
          • Mar 2006

At least those are the clean clothes.....he could have taken the pic with it laying on a dirty stained bedsheet like I have seem way too many of.

Yeah the nasty toenails are always bad too (thankfully I've never looked close enough to see the half naked reflections)

Comment

Working...