PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino Photomatch!!(reward Offered)

fbchiefs879
09-17-2011, 05:51 PM
OK, I got a Marino gamer today. It is from the 1997 season. It It seems legit to me, has paperwork from mounted memories. It came from Roger Gibson, who got it from hunt auctions. I am trying very hard to photomatch it. I'm not very good at this type of thing, so if you can photomatch it, and it has to be a very clear match, I will send you $50. Thanks for your help guys!

fbchiefs879
09-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Here's the picture, if you need better pictures, please let me know, thanks!

jppopma
09-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Dan Marino was a size 54???

fbchiefs879
09-17-2011, 08:25 PM
yes, im not concerned about the size....

cliffjmp33
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Can't really tell much without some close ups of your jersey but hope these help somewhat. I am basing my thoughts on the location of the NFL logo at the collar. It most resembles to me the game from Dec. 28, 1997 versus the Patriots. AP Images and Getty both have a few each you may want to compare with.

Hope this helps.

cliffjmp33
09-17-2011, 10:55 PM
An adendum to my post, there are a couple different games with the NFL logo in a similar spot during 1997. I think close-up photos would help others help you out. Not the best at this either, just trying to pay it forward as several members have helped me in the past!

fbchiefs879
09-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey thanks so much for your help! I'm having a lot of trouble, its a tricky one! Here are some more pictures!

fbchiefs879
09-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I wish my camera showed color better!

bruno89
09-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I got this what i think its a match ,on one of the sleves you have the position is the same as it is in your jersey ,see the pointing edge and the starter logo,same place as these jerseys are always a bit different as you can see from another game he used in the same season.the one i found match is from OCTOBER 19.

bruno89
09-18-2011, 12:23 AM
sorry meant to send this one ,as you see on my previous posts neither one of those jerseys the dolphin logo ,the tale is on top of the colour in the sleve,in this one it goes over the color line...matched to september 14 against green bay where they lost that game

fbchiefs879
09-18-2011, 12:33 AM
well it seems like on the other sleeve its not down to the green stripe, and on mine it is....but its really tough to call, it could just be a weird angle? lol

Dolphins23
09-18-2011, 12:48 AM
FBChiefs let me start out by saying WOW simply amazing piece you got. If you don't mind sharing with me how much you paid southwestrep808@yahoo.com for this is one of my Grails I know I'll never obtain. Well a white Nike Marino Gamer is my Holy Grail but yours is very close! I though Marino wore a sz 52 I know some gamers I recently saw were all size 52. But I know back then they changed sizes during season from time to time.

Anyway I'm really good at Matching Dolphins QB jerseys with silk sleeves. The number one thing to look at with photo matches is how far down the dolphins tail dips into aqua silk screen and placement of the manufacture logo (in this case starter logo) It's going to be a really hard photo match other wise because of the date and time. Another Marino was attempting to be photo matched recently from 1996 and it was nearly impossible for the poor soul to find the right snap shots.

The good news is there should be quite a few DVD's for sale on the 1997 season that you can obtain for cheap, and therefor def find your exact match your looking for. If you knew what game it was from it would help a lot this way you can just buy that 1 dvd and get as many stills of the jersey and even see exactly how it got its red gatorade stains (which I find really cool to see gatorade stains on any gamer, being a big gatorade guy myself) I really hope you get to match this one because it is really cool and like I said one of my HOLY grails.

Cliff Notes

1) Every QB dolphins jersey is unique always look for dolphins tail dipping into silk screen
2) manufacture logo placement above dolphins logos
3) Placement of NFL shield
4) Try locating a site or collector of every phins game from 97 to get stills and see how stains were obtained.

To get an exact photo match the type that makes viewers in AWH (word of the day thanks to Bruscki) its going to cost a little bit more than 50$ I'd say, but IMO its well worth it for such an exclusive piece. Esp seeing how my theory that Dolphins QB cut jerseys are like Art in how no 2 are alike.

Great pick up the chiefs, I'm so happy for you. And really can't wait to see that exact photo match, and not ones that could be 50 yes 50 no. I'm expecting an email from you too :D

Good luck my good friend!

Dolphins23
09-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Bruno, he probably had 10 jerseys from that season that had tail dipping and 10 that didn;t have tail dipping. Its impossible to make that the exact photomatch from the september game.

Dolphins23
09-18-2011, 12:57 AM
well it seems like on the other sleeve its not down to the green stripe, and on mine it is....but its really tough to call, it could just be a weird angle? lol

no your exactly right, its not on the silk screen. This is where it gets tricky. Its all in the tail dipping. And on the right side of sleeve of the picture he posted the tail dips way more down then yours does. And the left side has no dip at all. You know me chiefs I'm obsessed with White Dolphins QB silk screen sleeve jerseys and have been matching them for years. I was able to match my pennington in 2 seconds based on the tail dip alone. My pennington was so unique I would love you to see a picture of the tail dip on it because it goes back to my theory that every single QB dolphins jersey even the Aquas are different. From the naked I glance I'm fairly good at matching tail width into sleeve from my years of being obsessed with this style of phins jerseys and I can tell you 100% that the photo Bruno posted is not your jersey. I'll get it for you, don't you worry ;)

bruno89
09-18-2011, 01:31 AM
you guys are right ,i see that difference in the other sleve

solarlottry
09-18-2011, 02:24 AM
I know Roger well and have bought and sold many gamers thru him. If he said it came from NFL Auctions then the shirt should have NFL Auctions paperwork. Also Roger usually has photo matches for most of his jerseys. Those with sound provenance such as NFL Auctions or iron clad team letters he may not have an actual photo match but he usually has the DVD and has a good idea of what game the shirt was worn in.

I don't know what his policy is these days but whenever I purchased a jersey from him there was always a 100% money back guarantee if it was found to be something that it was not advertised as. I have yet to return a single shirt to him and I have spent a small fortune on his shirts!

I am sure if you have any concerns or questions about a match ask Roger. Considering this is a Marino gamer and was thousands of $$$$ I am sure he would be happy to answer any questions and help with a photo match.

Always buying 49ers gamers
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

solarlottry
09-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Some time ago Roger sent me a list of some shirts he had for sale and the Marino was one of them. I am assuming it is the same DM shirt that was on the list and it stated that the shirt was from NFL Auctions and worn on 12/28 vs the Patriots.

This list is somewhat old so it may not be the same shirt but if it is then a good place to start would be that game.

Roger is an extremely knowledgeable and careful collector who only buys things that can be authenticated via dvd or getty and always does his own research regardless of who the seller is. If the jersey came from him and you have questions, email him. i am sure he would respond.

Please let us know what you find.
Paul

Some of the gamers I have purchased from Roger:

fbchiefs879
09-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey guys thanks for your help and compliments!! Yeah I don't think its a fake, and roger responded to my emails and has been EXTREMELY helpful. I don't get any bad feelings about him at all! How would I be able to get an exact photomatch? I am willing to pay more than $50, really whatever it takes, let me know guys, and again, thanks so much for your help!!!

Dolphins23
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I have a number of teams that I know for a fact the jersey wasn't worn in I will email you them. Also I will email you the games I think it could have been used in. Shoot me an email and wel tal chiefs.

solarlottry
09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
I have a number of teams that I know for a fact the jersey wasn't worn in I will email you them. Also I will email you the games I think it could have been used in. Shoot me an email and wel tal chiefs.

Dolphin23-A quick comment and a stump for a an edit feature. Please proofread your posts. Your last post made no sense but we know what you mean. I am not sure what "wel tal chiefs" means though.

I appreciate your input and your NFL knowledge and this is in no way an attack on you but sometimes your posts are hard to figure out. Thats why some forum members have been pushing for an edit feature. We all are guilty of spelling errors etc and an edit feature would really help.

Thanks
Paul

fbchiefs879
09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey dolphins, what's your email address??

fbchiefs879
09-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Anyone else able to do a photomatch? I'm 95% sure that the jersey is legit, I just want to be 110% :)

Dolphins23
09-19-2011, 12:20 AM
southwestrep808@yahoo.com

fbchiefs879
09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
email sent

fbchiefs879
09-19-2011, 05:23 PM
OOk if someone can come up with a definite photomatch ill send you $100!! Let me know what you guys can find! Thanks!!

fbchiefs879
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
bump

nycpropain
09-20-2011, 02:07 PM
bump

This topic was 5 posts down from the top, was there really a need?

bruno89
09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
right sleve and left sleve,you can save it and zoom in ,it seems to me that the tale of the dolphin passes the line ,let me know if in your opinion its a match and send me a email to brunobltzr@yahoo.com

bruno89
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Get at me if you saw this photomatch

dolphanz
05-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Did anyone ever match this?

dolphanz
06-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Anyone?