PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiousity why does JO sports

Dolphins23
09-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Baltimore ravens jerseys from 9/11 have the patches removed? Isn't that what makes the jersey unique and an interesting buy? As appose to the NFL auctions ravens 9/11 jerseys having the patch on the left shoulder/chest area? IMO its a really cool patch and NFL auctions kept the patches on all there 9/11 jerseys. Will all of JO sports jerseys have removed patches?

Tyrcha
09-20-2011, 07:07 AM
According to the video JO made, the 9/11 patches were taken off by the NFL and not JO. I'm guessing the reason for this was that any jerseys auctioned/sold with the patched still attached would have all the proceeds given to a 9/11 charity. If JO purchased these jerseys from the team and not the NFL directly, the NFL wouldn't get the cash.

nickacs
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Correct... If you notice the Ravens 9/11 jerseys on NFLAuctions right now, they do have the 9/11 patches still because the proceeds are going to charity.

kprst6
09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
IMO, this is why I dislike companies like JoSports. I wish all of the 911 jerseys went to NFL auctions instead of companies like JoSports that have "Auctions" that aren't really auctions and they have reserves set that make them sell for their original retail asking price. It's just bad for the hobby.

kprst6
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
The other argument is, I would much rather have a 9/11 jersey money go toward a 9/11 charity than to a sports memorabilia company like JoSports. If it was a regular jersey, I wouldn't care as much, but for every dollar JoSports gets from these jerseys is a dollar a 9/11 charity doesn't get.

momen55
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
greed, greed, and more greed. and the people get screwed again!

NFLELCollector
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
It Is Very Simple!!!!
If You Dont Want An Nfl 9/11 Opening Day Jersey
With The Patch Removed-then Dont Buy The Jersey From
J.o. Sports!!!!
No One Is Forced To Buy Anything From J.o. Sports,
Or Any Other Company For That Matter.
Maybe You Should Stop Complaining, And Keep Your Opinions To Yourself.

freddiefreeman5
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Maybe those who have $2,000 to buy a jersey should give that $2,000 to charity instead and feel good about themselves.
Greed is a word that could describe all of us.

34swtns
09-20-2011, 03:22 PM
It definitely describes me. No shame here. ;)

freddiefreeman5
09-20-2011, 03:39 PM
It definitely describes me. No shame here. ;)

I like a straight shooter. :)

Dolphins23
09-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks for replies guys

masp3392
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
It Is Very Simple!!!!
J.o. Sports!!!!

thats why its called an opinion, everyone is entitled to one ... the man has a right to state his peace here like everyone else

mickeymbz
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM
It Is Very Simple!!!!
J.o. Sports!!!!
Agreed 100%... its NOT like these guys who b**tch and moan about the price wouldnt sell a gamer for as much as they could. Its a business,,, businesses are out there to make money. JO sports and Meigray were innovative and ballsy enough to offer a collector a true gamer that can, for the most part, be pin pointed to a specific game. Thus, offering the collector the comfort and piece of mind knowing that piece is a true game worn item. That comfort cost money. I find it laughable that these same whiners seem to base a standard price of specific gamers on what they command on Ebay. I think we all started collecting game used items because of the "uniqueness" that a gamer provides. Because of that uniqueness you cant put a "set" price on a item... IMO a specific piece is worth whatever that collector pays for it.

Dolphins23
09-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Once JO gets dolphins jersey commons in like they do redskins and raiders and rams I will appreciate them so much more : ) because without them I wouldn't be able to get a large veriaty of phins jerseys. Its not like NFL auctions has a good player run like JO will have.

Dolphins23
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Agreed 100%... its NOT like these guys who b**tch and moan about the price wouldnt sell a gamer for as much as they could. Its a business,,, businesses are out there to make money. JO sports and Meigray were innovative and ballsy enough to offer a collector a true gamer that can, for the most part, be pin pointed to a specific game. Thus, offering the collector the comfort and piece of mind knowing that piece is a true game worn item. That comfort cost money. I find it laughable that these same whiners seem to base a standard price of specific gamers on what they command on Ebay. I think we all started collecting game used items because of the "uniqueness" that a gamer provides. Because of that uniqueness you cant put a "set" price on a item... IMO a specific piece is worth whatever that collector pays for it.

I didn't start this thread to stir up a debate on what they do business wise. I just wanted to know why they removed the 9-11 patches. I personally like JO sports and happen to agree with just about everything you stated above. You pay for quality not quantity. As far as the pricing. I would have paid anything for my grails I got, so when you want something really bad people will buy it no matter the cost. Just look at the jerseys they sell for 8grand and up. People (collectors) look at some of the jerseys as grails and price is not an issue. What I don't like about JO sports is how long it takes them to get jerseys in sometimes. We are in week 3 already and I have yet to see 1 dolphins piece yet.

masp3392
09-21-2011, 07:39 AM
I didn't start this thread to stir up a debate on what they do business wise. I just wanted to know why they removed the 9-11 patches. I personally like JO sports and happen to agree with just about everything you stated above. You pay for quality not quantity. As far as the pricing. I would have paid anything for my grails I got, so when you want something really bad people will buy it no matter the cost. Just look at the jerseys they sell for 8grand and up. People (collectors) look at some of the jerseys as grails and price is not an issue. What I don't like about JO sports is how long it takes them to get jerseys in sometimes. We are in week 3 already and I have yet to see 1 dolphins piece yet.

yeah im waiting to see what they get, and curious if it includes cut players

so far they've received:

ravens
bengals
giants

BU54CB
09-21-2011, 08:56 AM

I don't think that's JO's fault. I'm sure the terms of their agreements with each team state how often and how many jerseys they get from teams. Maybe the Dolphins haven't had to send JO any jerseys yet because they aren't obligated to. JO hasn't received any 2011 jerseys from many of their partner teams.

dcgreg25
09-21-2011, 09:00 AM
This thread started with a simple question that was answered with the first post. I am going to go ahead and lock the thread as the original poster's question was valid and has been answered. If someone wants to start another thread in General Sports Discussion regarding jersey pricing, charity auctions vs. for-profit companies they they should feel free.

When posting, I try to keep in mind that the stated purpose of this forum is to "bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other". Does every post have to be groundbreaking in its educational value? No, that is just not realistic. However, I do believe we should try to keep this purpose in mind when we are posting on the forum. Thanks!