PDA

View Full Version : Griffey, Cruz Jr.

murphy37
09-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey everyone! I have a couple of questions...first off a couple concerning Ken Griffey, Jr.
1) Has Junior ever been known to use either in a game or BP a bat without his custom tape job?
2) Also and this a question that I am VERY interested to know if anyone knows anything about, does anybody have any idea if Griffey, Jr. has been known to cut or tear off the Property of Reds/Mariners tags below the Majestic tag on his gamers?

About Jose Cruz, Jr. I have a guy who is offering to sell me a Jose Cruz, Jr. game used bat from his VERY BRIEF time in Seattle. He says that it was given to him by Jose Cruz Sr. and was one of the "first lot" of bats Cruz, Jr. received from Rawlings. The bat is signed by Cruz, Jr. and I have gotten his signature in person and it matches perfectly. The bat just says "JOSE CRUZ" and not Jose Cruz, Jr. and below his name it says "PROFESSIONAL MODEL" instead of Seattle Mariners he told me that they usually do this for players first set of bats instead of their team name, is this correct? Also the knob of the bat in marker is his #23 and "265 97" knob coding. I love Jose Cruz, Jr. and would love to have a gamer of his from Seattle (if I can find the money for it) but just thought I would run this stuff by all of you who probably know more than me. For what its worth I trust this individual.

...So any help with this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED before I go spending a ton of money!
Thanks Again!!!:)

centerfieldsports.com
09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I think i have more Jose Cruz Jr game used items than anyone in the nation, including 3 Mariners bats. If your talking about the bat that Chris Boyd has, its a very nice bat and all proper.
I have never seen jr cut his year tags off, but anything is possable

eGameUsed
09-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Just saw the post! Yes, I guess that is my bat. I did obtain it from the Cruz family, which I am good friends with here in Houston. I don't have a ton of items, but do have many items from Jose "Cheo" Cruz' Yankees and Astros days, as well as Jose "Cheito" Cruz Jr's 1997 Mariners bat (the one you ask about), Bellaire High School jersey and hats, Rice University Jersey and Hats, 2001 Blue Jays jersey, and 2001-2003 glove. I also have a few Enrique Cruz's bats he had from High School, including a Sam Bat, Rawlings, and Louisville Slugger bat.

I originally got the 1997 bat and a 1997 Road Mariners jersey from Cheito soon after he began play with the Mariners.

As mentioned to you on the phone the other day, Rawlings is known for applying "Professional Model" below the player's name in their early career or even minor league models. I was told this bat was from the first order of professional bats Cheito received in 1997.

Hope this helps!