PDA

View Full Version : 1986 49ers Game Used Away Jersey

commando
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I recently received a 1986 49ers white jersey, and am willing to part with it. Here's a thread discussing the fate of most 1980s-era 49ers jerseys:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=46182&highlight=49ers

It seems that many were recycled for practice, with nameplates being removed and extra wear being inflicted upon them. Some jerseys were used more than one year, making them even more scarce. Shirts that did reach the hobby have long been absorbed by the numerous collectors of the 49ers dynasty era.

This jersey was issued to running back Derrick Harmon, who is famous in his own right for being a Cornell player drafted in the NFL (1984), a feat that would not happen again until 1997. Harmon played for the 49ers from 1984 through 1986, where he played the running back position behind Roger Craig and Wendell Tyler. Harmon saw considerable action on special teams, returning both punts and kickoffs. In addition, Harmon saw action in Super Bowl XIX against the Dolphins, where he rushed five times for twenty yards and returned two kicks (including a 23 yarder).

I believe this is a 1986 gamer based on the font on the nameplate. Harmon was injured much of that season, causing the lack of wear on this jersey to make sense. The jersey is virtually in like-new condition with no cracking or peeling to the numbers, letters or stripes. There are no repairs. A huge bonus is the fact that the original nameplate remains and the shirt was saved before it could be recycled for practice! (word is that the jersey was part of Cedrick Hardman's collection).

I have posted several photos of the jersey, as well as Harmon in action wearing a similar one. The two photos of the Niners in red show him in action during Super Bowl XIX.

First $300 takes it, and that also covers shipping and insurance.

Thanks! -- Anthony

policefan71@yahoo.com

commando
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Price now down to $260 Postpaid and Insured. Thanks!

policefan71@yahoo.com