PDA

View Full Version : How many sets of uniform do players get?

Patrick002
12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi, all experts. Generally speaking, how many uniforms do each MLB get from the team per season? I've seen multiple Set 1, Set 2, etc. How many are within a Set?

Thanks.

ahuff
12-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I can't speak for every team. However, I know I have talked to the Blue Jays about this very questions. They said "typically", a player is given two sets of each uniform style. Star players are given considerably more. For instance, Clemens liked to change several times during the course of a game. Therefore, he was given 5-6 sets of each uniform style, and I know Roy Halladay gets at least 4 sets.

Swoboda4
12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
I originally thought that the jerseys I have with set tags were one of a kind-Thats why they number them-WRONG! I've have since been told by the people who make the Mets jerseys,STITCHES,in Queens-that each player gets,"a lot",of each style and sets. I asked why and they said players are often asked for jerseys for charities,etc and at this point they just make the extras without being asked

Calrima
12-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I was told by the 1984 Detroit Tigers batboy that the Dertroit Tigers issued 2 home and 2 road jerseys..

Den

Patrick002
12-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I originally thought that the jerseys I have with set tags were one of a kind-Thats why they number them-WRONG! I've have since been told by the people who make the Mets jerseys,STITCHES,in Queens-that each player gets,"a lot",of each style and sets. I asked why and they said players are often asked for jerseys for charities,etc and at this point they just make the extras without being asked

So that means there could be an 'X' number of sets for Set 1, and an 'X' number of Set 2, etc. right?

I've seen 3 different Set 1 of the same year of a certain player's home jersey being offered by 3 different individuals.