Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CollectGU
    • Nov 2005

One of the Best Nights in Baseball

that I have ever seen. In in all these games, the , extra innings, lead changes, drama...wow....just wow...congrats to all teams that got in.....
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: One of the Best Nights in Baseball

Unf***ingbelievable. Never been a night like this. Congrats to Cards and Rays!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• slambam
      • Mar 2009

Without a doubt, best night of baseball ever. How about all those Rays fans that left? I would punch myself in the face... It's like shades of the break lights going off at Dodger Stadium for Kirk Gibsons walkoff.

Comment

• maverick14
        • Aug 2011

WOOOW!!! Love how the O's were celebrating like they won the world series after that game haha. Incredible games tonight.
        -Randy
        rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• slambam
          • Mar 2009

Is there a place to find Baseball Prospectus or AccuScore odds to make the playoffs from earlier this month? Very curious to see what Rays and Cards odds were.

Comment

• Lokee
            Banned
            • May 2008

Sad night for us Red Sox fans let me tell you.

Comment

• gingi79
              • Aug 2007

May sound like I am being reactionary rather than rational but Fredi Gonzalez needs to be canned like albacore tuna.

You could argue with very little dispute the Braves had the best relief pitching staff in Baseball. Venters was shutdown and Kimbrel set the rookie saves record with 46. How did they NOT make the playoffs? Because they were overused all season and suffered fatigue in September. Derek Lowe was awful all season, how did he get the ball two nights ago?

The days of Atlanta being the class of the NL East are over. I'm glad I'm not Frank Wren because the fans didn't show up when they were and if this season's collapse isn't met with retribution and accountability, the already dwindling number of fans who show up will continue to diminish.
              Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• geoff
                • Nov 2005

I was at the Orioles game and it was like we just won the world series.It was the best finish to a game I have ever been too.

Comment

• cubbs1232
                  • Aug 2009

Being a rays fan made the night sweeter but that was an unbelievable couple of games. From the phils and Os, with nothing to play for, not giving up to thr crazy comeback the rays pulled off all I can say is wow. Baseball needed a night like that....GO RAYS!!!

Comment

• coxfan
                    • Feb 2009

Don't forget that the Rangers set an all-time franchise record ( going back to 1961) with their 96th win last night. The Rangers and Rays are the true "moneyball" clubs now. Last year, they both beat out the Yankees, for the division and league respectively, despite having something like one-third the Yankees' payroll.

Comment

• gorilla777
                      • Aug 2009

As someone who despises the Red Sox, that was an incredibly satisfying night to watch baseball

Comment

• jake33
                        • Nov 2005

No night will ever top what I saw last night, not even if the Rays win the series. 2 independant elements happening at once was unreal, someone out there wanted Tampa to win, and I do not know how or why.

last night, was why I am a sports fan. i will gladly take another decade of 100 loss seasons for the joy of last night. And I don't even like Longoria.

excited the rays get to face a Rangers team without Cliff Lee now. But even if the rays get swept 3-0 by Texas. It will not take away from what happened and the happiness I have. 20 years from now, each down and out MLB team will refer to the 2011 Tampa bay Rays as the glimmer of hope to turn it around.

"There is no sympathy for the Red Sox." - Joe Maddon

Comment

• lcstate collector
                          • Jan 2006

It is why we love the game. I was glued to my TV all night.
                          I collect items from baseball players that attended Lewis-Clark State College: Marvin Benard, Vic Darensbourg, Steve Decker, Tom Edens, Jason Ellison, Anthony Ferrari, Carlos Fisher, John Foster, Keith Foulke, Sean Halton, Blaine Hardy, Bucky Jacobsen, Chris Mabeus, Steve Reed, Brendan Ryan, Chris Schwinden, and Frank Williams. http://www.lcscbaseballhof.com
                          or awbenish@gmail.com or http://www.lcscbaseballblog.com

Comment

• BULBUS
                            • Nov 2005

I tuned out figuring there was going to be a playoff game tonight
                            Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                            sigpic
                            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• maverick14
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by gorilla777
                              As someone who despises the Red Sox, that was an incredibly satisfying night to watch baseball
                              Completely how I feel as well.
                              -Randy
                              rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

Working...