X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

First Jerseys Ever Worn

I just purchased the first jersey Von Miller ever wore in a regular season game. (Broncos Orange from 9-12 game vs. Raiders) Does anyone else own any first jerseys? If so of who? How much of a premium do you think they command if the player becomes a star? I am usually hesistant to invest in rookies because they are busts so often but I feel good about Von and he has looked great so far. I will enjoy tracking his career and one day I hope to meet him and show him the jersey and see his reaction. I am so excited about this jersey because my other jerseys are from random regular season or playoff games where the team did not win a title that year and are thus not really unique. This is the first possibly historic jersey I have ever had and noone but me will have Von's first jersey.
  • Tuffy
    • Sep 2011

Re: First Jerseys Ever Worn

I might have the first jersey Mike Fontenot ever wore in the majors, in 2005 with the Cubs. He made his debut in a doubleheader, and usually in DHs the teams switch jerseys between games, but I have no way of knowing whether they wore the regular whites or the alternate blues in the first game.

It's Set 1, and he only played in a few games that year. I know that there are some fanatical followers who keep track of which uniforms teams wore in which games, but without someone like that appearing for the 2005 Cubs, or a photo, I'll never know if it was his first game or his second game.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Tuffy
      I might have the first jersey Mike Fontenot ever wore in the majors, in 2005 with the Cubs. He made his debut in a doubleheader, and usually in DHs the teams switch jerseys between games, but I have no way of knowing whether they wore the regular whites or the alternate blues in the first game.

It's Set 1, and he only played in a few games that year. I know that there are some fanatical followers who keep track of which uniforms teams wore in which games, but without someone like that appearing for the 2005 Cubs, or a photo, I'll never know if it was his first game or his second game.
      If Carlos Zambrano was pitching, chances are 98% that it was the blue.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
        • Apr 2007

I had Ryan Hanigans first home jersey he ever wore as a Red. It was cool to have it. I figured a bigger fan would enjoy it so I sold it.

Comment

• pacman2680
          • Apr 2009

I have a first ever worn Joe Webb Vikings jersey. I think he has the skills to eventually be a productive qb in the Nfl.

Congrats on the pickup legaleagle92481, Miller had a forced fumble and turnover on the first play of his first ever Nfl game as well. Ads to the history. He is looking to be the real deal.

Comment

• Skinsandwiz
            • Jun 2010

I have Brian Orakpo's first jersey worn on 9/13/09 vs Giants, i took a gamble, so far so good!

Comment

• Skinsandwiz
              • Jun 2010

I also got him to sign it for me with a nice inscription "first game Giants", it was pretty cool to see his expression

Comment

• MSpecht
                • Oct 2005

Tony Gwynn's first professional jersey ---gold BP jersey # 53 from Spring Training 1982, autographed...

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• gingi79
                  • Aug 2007

Kelly Gruber Spring Training Indians jersey. First pro shirt before he was claimed on Rule 5 by Toronto
                  Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• schubert1970
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

I have Mark Texiera and Jose Bautista's first ever jersey.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

Jordan Norwood (WE ARE...) first ever regular season worn jersey and cleats from game vs ATL when he was with Philly. He is now with the Browns.

Comment

• godwulf
                        • Aug 2007

I've got a few Rookie jerseys, but it would be impossible to say whether or not they were the first ones worn by that player.

I do collect a lot of Minor League and Independent League jerseys, though, and I have one of the jerseys worn by Stephen Drew, when he was playing his first couple of months of pro ball with the Camden Riversharks, before he signed with the Diamondbacks.
                        Jeff
                        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• Aloving77
                          • Apr 2006

First jersey worn by Titans punter A.J. Trapasso in the 2009 Hall of Fame game. He ended up getting cut, but it was the first time they wore their AFL throwbacks, he scored the first touchdown on a fake punt, and he was the first punter to hit the video board at Cowboys Stadium the next week.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Skinsandwiz
                            I have Brian Orakpo's first jersey worn on 9/13/09 vs Giants, i took a gamble, so far so good!
                            Thats a nice one. It looks like your gamble is paying off great so far the guy has two years and two pro bowls averaging 10 sacks a year. I hope Von's start is as good as that.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by schubert1970
                              I have Mark Texiera and Jose Bautista's first ever jersey.
                              Wow. Two awesome players. Just curious did you get Bautista before or after he became a superstar? If it was before can you help me pick lotto numbers?

Comment

Working...