PDA

View Full Version : Beware - eBay seller - jam27jose

xpress34
10-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't know if any of you know who this is (he's a new account with less than 10 feedback) and I have reported him for fraud.

He had a listing that (as the saying goes) seemed too good to be true:

Mickey Mantle Rookie Card PSA 8 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150670062652&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156)

mickey mantle rookie card psa 8 autrographed 1952 card - BIN $385

Obviously if this was real, it would be a $30,000+ card, so I wrote the seller and here is our interaction (please note he has a tiny thumbnail pic only on the ad):

Sent Date: Oct-01-11 15:25:46 PDT

Dear jam27jose,

Can you eMail me better pictures - close ups - front and back of this card?

I can't see the autograph in the photo you have posted.

- lumber_jack_bat_co

Dear lumber_jack_bat_co,

thats the only picture of card i have

- jam27jose

Dear jam27jose,

Would you send me the PSA number from the slab? Kind of hard to consider dropping money when the picture is so tiny. You can't photo or scan the picture and make a bigger image?

Thanks -

Smitty

- lumber_jack_bat_co

Dear lumber_jack_bat_co,

have it on the title psa 8 it is minted

- jam27jose

Dear jam27jose,

I know what your title says, I am asking for the PSA # - it's like 12 digits long - from the header piece in the card case. I am very interested in the card, I just want to check it against the PSA database.

If you will send me that, you might have a sale before the night is over.

Thanks!

- Smitty

- lumber_jack_bat_co

Dear lumber_jack_bat_co,

hey although its sold send the 350 in my paypal jamontes83@yahoo.com i will have 1 mailed to you too

- jam27jose

Dear jam27jose,

Just a heads up - I've reported you to eBay for fraudulent activity. You have awesome pictures of all of the low end cards you've sold but can't produce a decent picture of this card or it's PSA #? Also, offering to sell me the SAME item off eBay? Have fun with the investigation.

- lumber_jack_bat_co

Dear lumber_jack_bat_co,

Its the exact card in pic I dont have other pics n someone else baught it already dont.b mad its gone

- jam27jose

For those of you that do cards and know grading, the 'black' liner in the slab and the green edged 'header' card in the slab are SCG - NOT PSA and the seller refuses to address this issue or give any further info.

Beware of him if you see his name in future auctions.

- Smitty

xpress34
10-02-2011, 09:52 AM
He eMailed me the same tiny pic, so here's his eMail too:

"Jose Montes" <jamontes83@yahoo.com>

- Smitty

eisenreich8
10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Nice job Smitty!