PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone received any 9/11 items?

masp3392
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
curious to see what you guys have gotten from the 9/11 games wether its through JO without the patch (takes away from the specialty of the jersey in my opinion but understand why they took it off) or if you won it straight from nfl auctions.

tspane2k
10-05-2011, 01:13 AM
So why did they take off the patch? I just won the Vincent Jackson on the NFL Auctions website. I paid too much but I really wanted one of those jerseys with the patch.

Mulligans
10-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Congratulations on the VJ....I actually thought that the Jackson was one of the steals last night.....it was one of the few Jerseys that JO Sports was not bidding on. They were bidding hard and fast on many of the others with the patches.

kprst6
10-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on the VJ....I actually thought that the Jackson was one of the steals last night.....it was one of the few Jerseys that JO Sports was not bidding on. They were bidding hard and fast on many of the others with the patches.

Facts like this make me question Jo Sports integrity and authenticity even more as they are also driving up prices. They should focus on the things they get directly from teams and not try to get things from a second hand source.

hrvatwill
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
I tried to get one of the Steelers jerseys that ended last night, but to no avail. They went for close to $10,000 each. There appears to be a bidder out there who will outbid you on Steelers items at all costs. His ID is Penguin. He spent close to 20k on the Heath Miller and Daurkice Pouncey jerseys. Way overpriced IMO even with the tax shield, but I still wanted one. Congrats to him, I guess <grouse> <grouse> LOL

dcgreg25
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM

Not to take this off topic but I was looking at a few of the jerseys that ended last night and coudid not see any easily identifiable bidders as JO Sports. I did not look at all the jerseys but which bidder ID is JO Sports?

ivo610
10-05-2011, 09:56 AM
The JO bidding has been going on for awhile.

Just looking at their bidding habits it seems they are more interested in driving up prices than they are winning items.

If you have "team" contracts why are you bidding on NFL auctions? doesnt seem very ethical, but then again is anything in this hobby?

dcgreg25
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Please provide specific evidence of their bidding habits including the bidding ID so members can reach their own conclusions. While the information about them bidding on jerseys is certainly relevant to collectors, making blanket statements without specific evidence makes it look like a witch hunt. Further comments simply piling on JO Sports will be deleted. Please provide some concrete examples. We are all entitled to our own opinions on certain groups (and I certainly have mine) but information is what helps to improve the hobby.

legaleagle92481
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I am guessing JO is Jersey2112? Regardless I don't see anything wrong with them bidding. They don't have contracts with every team and any company has the right to acquire new products to try to resell for more money. Alot of people bid to drive up prices. Several members have admitted in past forum posts that they bid on items on NFL Auctions that are similar to items they already own not to win them but to ensure that they sell for a good price to preserve the value of their similar item.

jhunt28
10-05-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd also like to know what usernames that people know(or think) are JO Sports Co bidding?

As far as "bidding up items", how do exactly do this? There comes a point where an item becomes yours if you bid too high, no? And you have no idea how much the previous person entered at their high bid...so I guess you're playing a game of "auction chicken"...? I don't understand the concept...

commando
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd also like to know what usernames that people know(or think) are JO Sports Co bidding?

As far as "bidding up items", how do exactly do this? There comes a point where an item becomes yours if you bid too high, no? And you have no idea how much the previous person entered at their high bid...so I guess you're playing a game of "auction chicken"...? I don't understand the concept...

I agree 100% with you about the concept of "bidding up" an item. Unless you know the maximum bid amount of the other guy, who's not to say that you won't wind up the winner yourself?

Mulligans
10-05-2011, 11:36 AM

I was only commenting that they were bidding and bidding agressively....I was not commenting on their intentions or Buying Patterns or anything else.

To the Best of my Knowledge....Jersey2121 is and always has been JO Sports. I had thought that this was common knowledge among NFL Auction guys? If they are not, then I'm sure that they will clear things up quickly.;)

jhunt28
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Interesting...good to know. In all honesty, if anyone wins anything on NFL Auctions, I'm happy for them. The money goes to great causes, and it's fun to watch what and see some of the earth shattering prices that jerseys are sold for (ie. recent Steelers jerseys). The only thing that really pisses me off are people who constantly bid, DON'T PAY, have the item relisted, and the same people are allowed to bid again. But if JO or any other dealer wants to bid on an item and have a portion of their money go to charity, then I don't think anyone of this forum can become Judge and Jury, and tell them where they can and cannot bid.

solarlottry
10-05-2011, 06:14 PM
It is a free country and anyone who wishes can bid on any of the items on NFL Auctions. We as individual collectors may not like it, as prices can climb, but that is the American way and free trade. At least the $$$ goes to charity if the prices are driven up rather than to an auction house or private seller/dealer.

The only thing that would bother me is that if the shirts being won were sold to or bought by card companies and then cut up. They have every right to spend their money and if they win, cut up the shirts, but it seems like such a waste!

If someone has any information about the tax benefit of winning any of the NFL Auction items plese fill me in! It would be very cool to deduct the cost of my GU purchases as a charitable donation!

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer. Paying a finders fee!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't know how people "bid up" items either it was just something I heard. Personally I would never bid on something I did not want to win to avoid getting stuck with unwanted stuff. Alot of people bid on there and shortly thereafter attempt to flip it. There is a banned member who does that all the time and has a 9/11 jersey on Ebay actually right now. There is no legitimate tax benefit to bidding. You are getting the items at "market value" as established by the auction you won them in. The only way you could deduct is if the donation exceeded the market value. For example you donate $1,000 to the 49ers Charity Foundation, the 49ers give you two $200 tickets in exchange for your donation. You could deduct the $600 difference.

nickacs
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't know how people "bid up" items either it was just something I heard. Personally I would never bid on something I did not want to win to avoid getting stuck with unwanted stuff. Alot of people bid on there and shortly thereafter attempt to flip it.

Speaking of buying/flipping, the guy with the AP 9/11 bought it from NFL Auctions for $7510 and now wants $13k for it on Ebay 5 days later.. LMAO..Good luck buddy! :rolleyes:

kprst6
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Is the Hines Ward 9/11 jersey currently up for auction even game worn?

I say this because there is a #2 written in the sizing tag, it shows no wear, and Hines always puts "Game Worn DD/MM/YYYY" on the number.

The jersey also has one of his "bad" signatures on it as you can tell he didn't take his time to center the signature etc and the 86 is really messy.

For being up to $6,500+ right now with 11 days left, I can honestly say it might be the most expensive potential game issued jersey out there. The other Steelers (Miller & Pouncey) sold for $9000+ and the game issued Polamalu sold for $3500+.

At this pace, the Ward is going to sell for $15,000 to $20,000 and it might not even be game used and a backup like Polamalu's.

frankneck
10-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I wonder if Polamalu still has that cross embroidered on his gamers, noticed the "game issued backup jersey" sold by nflauctions didn't have it,

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder107182/img10479987.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4175936939_0d58875523_o.png

kprst6
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Polamalu still has the cross on his gamers...

The following picture was taken during the Houston game last Sunday...

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/128052306/Getty-Images-Sport

Technically, the game-issued backup jersey was neither game issued nor a real backup lol

neverfinished94
11-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Miles Austin game used 9/11 cleats

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/neverfinished94/001-36.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/neverfinished94/002-48.jpg

jake33
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Easiest way to "drive up prices" would be to have you bids be just under square number amounts. for example, if you wanted to drive up the price bidding $299.99 instead of $300.00 or $300.01 is a huge red flag to me about potentially driving up prices.

We typically bid on square amount, or if we want something bad enough, do the $300.01 bidding to get the edge on another bidder.

For the 4 Buccaneers 2009 london jerseys I won, 3 out of the 4, I won by exactly 1 cent.

---

I will never speak for anyone else, but ask youself, have you ever made a bid on something you wanted at $299.99 or $99.99?