PDA

View Full Version : Rangers return to ALCS!!!

xpress34
10-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm really surprised no one else has posted on this today...

The Texas Rangers become the 1st 2011 Post Season team to advance to the League Championship Series.

Beltre goes deep 3 times!!!

Congrats Rangers!!!

In other games:

Philly takes 2-1 Series lead over StL

Yankees tie up Series at 2 w/ NYY

AZ has a commanding lead in the 8th over Mil trying to keep from being swept.

coxfan
10-05-2011, 07:03 AM
I became a Rangers' fan when my daughter moved to the Fort Worth area in early 2006, and started her family there. They've got the friendliest stadium for g-u collectors around, (or at least tied for that distinction), with g-u stuff for sale all around the stadium.

I went to five Rangers' games in late August this year (around our grandson's birthday), including their 2-1 series win over the Angels when that division race was almost deadlocked. This year's team seems different from last years, though. Last year it was aggressive small ball; this year it's mostly long-ball.

The effect on the DFW area has been great. When I first visited there in April 2006, there were almost no Rangers' items for sale anywhere in the malls! ( Lots of Cowboys and Longhrns stuff). Now the whole city's wearing Rangers' shirts, and there were near-sellouts in August despite game-time temps of ca 107 degrees every night.

A good argument for that concept of parity among clubs that baseball has so long had a poor understanding of, that other sports better understand.

HawaiiSportsNut
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
My wife is excited about her Rangers moving on, as for me my Reds weren't even close this year.

sox83cubs84
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I was disappointed to see the Rays go down, but the Rangers, at least to me, would be preferable to see in the Series than the Yankees. Of course, the Fall Classic won't get as much love from the national sports media if the Yankees aren't in it, but the presence of the Rangers would be fine with me.

Dave Miedema

xpress34
10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I became a Rangers' fan when my daughter moved to the Fort Worth area in early 2006, and started her family there. They've got the friendliest stadium for g-u collectors around, (or at least tied for that distinction), with g-u stuff for sale all around the stadium.

I went to five Rangers' games in late August this year (around our grandson's birthday), including their 2-1 series win over the Angels when that division race was almost deadlocked. This year's team seems different from last years, though. Last year it was aggressive small ball; this year it's mostly long-ball.

The effect on the DFW area has been great. When I first visited there in April 2006, there were almost no Rangers' items for sale anywhere in the malls! ( Lots of Cowboys and Longhrns stuff). Now the whole city's wearing Rangers' shirts, and there were near-sellouts in August despite game-time temps of ca 107 degrees every night.

A good argument for that concept of parity among clubs that baseball has so long had a poor understanding of, that other sports better understand.

Glad to hear!!! My buddy who lives in Allen now (just N of Dallas) keeps me posted on all of the new fans the Rangers have gotten the past few years.

I grew up in Garland (just east of Dallas) and came to the Denver,CO area in 1991. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan - was enthralled with the team when the came to DFW in 1972 (I was a Dr Pepper Jr Ranger in the mid 70's) and adopted the Rockies as my National League team when they started in 1993.

It's amazing what prosperity can do for a team!!!

Tell your daughter to go support the Ft Worth Cats (American Association)!

My cousin Stan Hough is back as manager after being unceremoniously dumped by the Cats after the 2007 season. All he did was lead them to back-to-back AA Championships after taking over the reigns from Wayne Terwilliger who led them to the Central Baseball League Championship in 2005.

They thought Stan would get picked up by a Major League team, so they cut him loose.

Stan was drafted by the Mets out of Baylor in 1974 (?) and has managed at various levels in the Minor Leagues with lots of success.

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
10-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Game 1 down... Rangers got past Verlander... hope the rain holds off tonight...

ncbadges
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Game 1 down... Rangers got past Verlander... hope the rain holds off tonight...

I'm with you. :D

ncb

ncbadges
10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
WOW...what an ending to game 2!!

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb

cliffjmp33
10-10-2011, 08:30 PM

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb

Wow indeed! Guess Nelson Cruz likes playing the Tigers.

xpress34
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! 2 down.... :D

xpress34
10-10-2011, 11:19 PM

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb

1st Grand Slam walk off in Post Season history!!!

coxfan
10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
It was the first official walkoff grand slam, but mlb.com says Ventura was robbed of a walkoff grand slam in 1999 by his own teammates.They mobbed him on the field before he could finish rounding the bases, so his HR became only a walkoff single.

xpress34
10-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Congrats to the Tigers for getting a win...

Game 4 this afternoon (4pm EDT)

kudu
10-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Did anyone else think the fan that got hit by Hamiltons bat faked it:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111012&content_id=25612958&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Looked to me like the bat went into the 2nd row. How does the bat hit the back of his head if he's in the first row and the bat lands in the 2nd?? :confused:

sox83cubs84
10-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Did anyone else think the fan that got hit by Hamiltons bat faked it:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111012&content_id=25612958&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Looked to me like the bat went into the 2nd row. How does the bat hit the back of his head if he's in the first row and the bat lands in the 2nd?? :confused:

Maybe his personal injury lawyer was the one who got him the ticket...?

Dave Miedema

Dach0sen0ne
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
It hit the guy in the back of the head, but after bouncing off the person behind him. I'm not saying it didn't hurt, but I'm sure some of the force was absorbed by the person behind him. Hopefully they let him keep the bat. :D

cliffjmp33
10-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I'll reiterate my statement from Monday, "Wow indeed! Guess Nelson Cruz likes playing the Tigers!!!!!!!!!"

xpress34
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Nelson Cruz is vying for NLCS MVP...

He set another MLB mark tonight as well... only player to hit a HR in extra innings in two games of the same Post Season series.

Go Rangers!!! Up 3-1!!!

BurlesonBlue
10-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Nelson Cruz is vying for NLCS MVP...

He set another MLB mark tonight as well... only player to hit a HR in extra innings in two games of the same Post Season series.

Go Rangers!!! Up 3-1!!!

He's been playing so well he may pull it off in the championship series he isn't even in! That's what I call making an impact.

tigerdale
10-13-2011, 05:37 AM
These have been GREAT games...I wish the tigers could have pulled out another win so far, but it has been great playoff baseball!!

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Every single one of these game could have went either way. This is the best baseball playoffs that i can remember seeing. I hope the rangers can finish this series out today, if not i may get an ulcer.

ncbadges
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I promised my 10 year old if the Rangers make it the WS, we'd go....:D

tigerdale
10-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I just wanted to say great job Texas!! Even though I'm very dissapointed my Tigers are not moving on, Texas is deserving of going to the World Series!! Usually its pretty easy to dislike who your team plays in any type of big game, but the Rangers earned my respect from the very first game! Since its not the Tigers going to the World Series, I'm glad its the Rangers...best of luck in the World Series!!!!

xpress34
10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Woo Hoo!!!! GO RANGERS!!!!

CollectGU
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Congrats Rangers! shamless plug of my kinsler for sale on ebay in their honor!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Ian-Kinsler-Game-Worn-Used-Rookie-Road-Jersey-Texas-Rangers-/250912106551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6b86e837