Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Rangers return to ALCS!!!

I'm really surprised no one else has posted on this today...

The Texas Rangers become the 1st 2011 Post Season team to advance to the League Championship Series.

Beltre goes deep 3 times!!!

Congrats Rangers!!!

In other games:

Philly takes 2-1 Series lead over StL

Yankees tie up Series at 2 w/ NYY

AZ has a commanding lead in the 8th over Mil trying to keep from being swept.
  • coxfan
    • Feb 2009

Re: Rangers return to ALCS!!!

I became a Rangers' fan when my daughter moved to the Fort Worth area in early 2006, and started her family there. They've got the friendliest stadium for g-u collectors around, (or at least tied for that distinction), with g-u stuff for sale all around the stadium.

I went to five Rangers' games in late August this year (around our grandson's birthday), including their 2-1 series win over the Angels when that division race was almost deadlocked. This year's team seems different from last years, though. Last year it was aggressive small ball; this year it's mostly long-ball.

The effect on the DFW area has been great. When I first visited there in April 2006, there were almost no Rangers' items for sale anywhere in the malls! ( Lots of Cowboys and Longhrns stuff). Now the whole city's wearing Rangers' shirts, and there were near-sellouts in August despite game-time temps of ca 107 degrees every night.

A good argument for that concept of parity among clubs that baseball has so long had a poor understanding of, that other sports better understand.

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
      • Dec 2009

My wife is excited about her Rangers moving on, as for me my Reds weren't even close this year.
      sigpic

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

I was disappointed to see the Rays go down, but the Rangers, at least to me, would be preferable to see in the Series than the Yankees. Of course, the Fall Classic won't get as much love from the national sports media if the Yankees aren't in it, but the presence of the Rangers would be fine with me.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• xpress34
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by coxfan
          I became a Rangers' fan when my daughter moved to the Fort Worth area in early 2006, and started her family there. They've got the friendliest stadium for g-u collectors around, (or at least tied for that distinction), with g-u stuff for sale all around the stadium.

I went to five Rangers' games in late August this year (around our grandson's birthday), including their 2-1 series win over the Angels when that division race was almost deadlocked. This year's team seems different from last years, though. Last year it was aggressive small ball; this year it's mostly long-ball.

The effect on the DFW area has been great. When I first visited there in April 2006, there were almost no Rangers' items for sale anywhere in the malls! ( Lots of Cowboys and Longhrns stuff). Now the whole city's wearing Rangers' shirts, and there were near-sellouts in August despite game-time temps of ca 107 degrees every night.

A good argument for that concept of parity among clubs that baseball has so long had a poor understanding of, that other sports better understand.
          Glad to hear!!! My buddy who lives in Allen now (just N of Dallas) keeps me posted on all of the new fans the Rangers have gotten the past few years.

I grew up in Garland (just east of Dallas) and came to the Denver,CO area in 1991. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan - was enthralled with the team when the came to DFW in 1972 (I was a Dr Pepper Jr Ranger in the mid 70's) and adopted the Rockies as my National League team when they started in 1993.

It's amazing what prosperity can do for a team!!!

Tell your daughter to go support the Ft Worth Cats (American Association)!

My cousin Stan Hough is back as manager after being unceremoniously dumped by the Cats after the 2007 season. All he did was lead them to back-to-back AA Championships after taking over the reigns from Wayne Terwilliger who led them to the Central Baseball League Championship in 2005.

They thought Stan would get picked up by a Major League team, so they cut him loose.

Stan was drafted by the Mets out of Baylor in 1974 (?) and has managed at various levels in the Minor Leagues with lots of success.

All the best -

Smitty

Comment

• xpress34
            • Sep 2008

Game 1 down... Rangers got past Verlander... hope the rain holds off tonight...

Comment

• ncbadges
              • May 2010

Originally posted by xpress34
              Game 1 down... Rangers got past Verlander... hope the rain holds off tonight...

I'm with you.

ncb
              ------------------------------------------------
              Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Comment

• ncbadges
                • May 2010

WOW...what an ending to game 2!!

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb
                ------------------------------------------------
                Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ncbadges

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb
                  Wow indeed! Guess Nelson Cruz likes playing the Tigers.
                  Cheers,
                  Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                  My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• xpress34
                    • Sep 2008

Woo Hoo!!!! 2 down....

Comment

• xpress34
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ncbadges

Go Rangers!!!!!!

ncb
                      1st Grand Slam walk off in Post Season history!!!

Comment

• coxfan
                        • Feb 2009

It was the first official walkoff grand slam, but mlb.com says Ventura was robbed of a walkoff grand slam in 1999 by his own teammates.They mobbed him on the field before he could finish rounding the bases, so his HR became only a walkoff single.

Comment

• xpress34
                          • Sep 2008

Congrats to the Tigers for getting a win...

Game 4 this afternoon (4pm EDT)

Comment

• kudu
                            • May 2007

Did anyone else think the fan that got hit by Hamiltons bat faked it:

Looked to me like the bat went into the 2nd row. How does the bat hit the back of his head if he's in the first row and the bat lands in the 2nd??

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kudu
                              Did anyone else think the fan that got hit by Hamiltons bat faked it:

Looked to me like the bat went into the 2nd row. How does the bat hit the back of his head if he's in the first row and the bat lands in the 2nd??
                              Maybe his personal injury lawyer was the one who got him the ticket...?

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...