PDA

View Full Version : Black or Blue sharpie when getting bats signed?

Chris78
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I am wondering what other forum members think when getting "blonde" bats signed. Is it better to use blue sharpie or black sharpie? I have been using blue sharpie more recently, but I have read that black may be better in some people's opinions. It does not seem to be as clear cut which to use as is the case when autographing balls (blue).

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris

Chris78
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
By the way, when I say "blue" for signing balls, I mean "blue pen" before anybody says anything....

Chris

scootmagroot
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I prefer black paint pen (DECO is best)

spartanservitto
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
DC Sports has been using a GREAT black pen, its not sharpie, its almost black paint, I believe it is the DECO. Looks incredible and should stand the test of time.

-Tony

OaklandAsFan
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
depends on the finish and the color of the text on the bat.

for natural finish with black lettering black pen all the way.

black or colored bats silver with the silver foil and gold with gold foil.

Chris78
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
On this type of bat (ebay number: 370482999528), what would you recommend? I did a Ryne Sandberg bat and an Earl Weaver bat like this with a blue sharpie, and they both seem nice. I was reading that over time blue could become "greenish" as years go on, which is always the issue with autographs. I am not talking about "Game Used" bats either.

Chris

Klattsy
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a supplier of these in Australia for a while. This thread reminded me to have another look...

Is this them: http://www.567king.com/product_info.php?products_id=209

They have fine point, broad line, extra fine...Do you use fine for bats & jersey's, extra fine for balls? Wouldn't mind picking up a blue, black, white and silver...

BCWhite13
10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I'll dig out my Chipper Gloves later and show you what a marker does after 10 years. :(

Klattsy
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a supplier of these in Australia for a while. This thread reminded me to have another look...

Is this them: http://www.567king.com/product_info.php?products_id=209

They have fine point, broad line, extra fine...Do you use fine for bats & jersey's, extra fine for balls? Wouldn't mind picking up a blue, black, white and silver...

Sorry for the self quote, but i'm getting some gear signed this weekend and wanted to pick up some of these pens, can anyone confirm if the Deco one's in the link above are best for bats/jersey's?

Thanks,
Mark.

Klattsy
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the store I bought the Deco's off sent me a "EXTRA FINE" black instead of the FINE black that I ordered. Just wondering, is there any use for extra fine paint pens? Baseball cards maybe? Otherwise i'll get them to replace it with the FINE black.

Also, is FINE OK for bats or should I step it up to BROAD. What about balls?

Brisbane Bandits Fan Day on Saturday. So pumped. Can't wait to take my gear to the games this year and get it signed (yes I am one of those people!)

THANKS!
Mark.